Darkness 16

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

DarknessHyukjae

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“How the hell could I forget this damn test?..” Hyuk thought when he sat in class and stared at the piece of paper laying in front of him. And to top it off it was History... his worst subject. Well, he wasn't that bad as a student... but he hates learning. And it would have been not so bad if he would concentrate.. but sadly he couldn't. Everytime he tried to think about the answers he heard Donghae nearly screaming “I Love you” or “Please don't hate me” at him. How much he wanted to tell him that he doesn't hate him or that he loves him more than anything else.

 

And he knows it's the same by Donghae too. He saw it in his mind... and no one could probably fake emotions ... well, that was Hyuk part... but he hates to manipulate people for his liking. He tried to think about a solution the whole time he sat in the cafeteria, listened to his friends and glazed there and then to Donghae and co. but he couldn't come up with one... The only thing he knew is that he can't take the distance between them. Not since he knew how good it felt to be with him. Also he knew that Donghae won't be able to hurt him or his friends... right? He meant... they're his friends... and you don't hurt your friends...

 

Maybe he should talk to Heechul again. He's old and wise enough to think about it properly... so when the lesson was over and the teacher collected the tests were he, surprise surprise, wrote nothing on it... he stood up and gathered his things together. So now when he was supposed to go out of the door he could hear a soft and oh so familiar voice calling for him. It caused him to stop and to look to the place where his best friend sat. “Can we... talk?...” came the soft question. Hyuk gulped and turned his gaze to the door in front of him. “Please?...” The desperation in Donghae's voice was clearly to hear and with a gulp Hyuk nodded slowly while his hand grabbed his back even tighter.

 

“Thanks...” Then Donghae also gathered his things and slowly approached the blonde vampire. They both walked along the hallways, Hyukjae with a clear distance. “Are you really that scared of me?” Hae sounded really hurt and sad. But who would judge him? Hyuk shook his head no. “Not really of you in general but more of what you are. Look, I know you wouldn't hurt me or the others... well, at least I hope so. But, all of us have a deep fear of your kind. Since we were small our parents told us how dangerous and bad Angels are. That they would kill us if they know about what we are. , even Heechul is ing scared now....” He tried to explain this as calm as he could and stared straight away 'cause he didn't know if he could handle to see Donghae's expression. Whatever it is like...

 

“But seriously I... I can't take to separate myself from you. I .. I love you way too much to throw everything we have away. Even if the others refuse to go near you again. I made a promise with you. To always be by your side. No matter what happens. Well, I never thought it would be something like this and the fact is that I AM scared of you in a way. But I think I can adjust to that in time...” He didn't realized that Donghae stopped his pace until he looked to the side and stopped a few feet away from him too. He took a deep breath and looked at him. A few tears where running along Donghae’s handsome face and he wanted to wipe them away, so badly. So he walked closer to him and lifted one of his hands to his face and slowly wiped his tears away with his thump.

 

His hand was shaking very badly and Donghae seemed to notice that. “I can't believe you still remember that promise and how happy I am that you actually do. You don't know how lucky I am to be in love with someone as precious as you Hyukkie. I probably am the luckiest person on earth.” Hae lightly smiled and took Hyuks hand in his own hands softly kissing his palm and then letting him go. “It's okay if you're scared. I won't force you to do anything. Just… just try to be by my side. It's enough for me to be happy. I love you just as equally as you love me Hyuk... and the whole universe must go down before I would hurt anyone of your friends or more importantly you. I don't even know how I'm supposed to...” He wiped the rest of his tears away and Hyuk smiled softly. “I know... and that's why they'll send someone to guide and train you probably. It's just a matter of time when this someone will arrive.”

 

“How do I recognize this someone?...” Hae asked as both of them began to walk again. “It's easy... he'll have the same kind of Wings as you...” Hyuk grinned and pointed to Donghae's back were a pair of big, white wings were placed. Of course humans couldn't see them. “What are you talking abo-” Hae glazed over his shoulder to see his wings and his eyes widened in shock. “Whaa! What the..” “Hey, keep calm and chill … those are only seen by beings like us. Human eyes can't see them. That's how WE now who's an Angel and who not. You can also make them disappear but I don't know how... that's something you should learn yourself...”

 

Right... like the other powers he's now supposed to have. Even if Hyuk was curious about what power he would possess, he's also afraid of what he could do now. Sighing he stopped. “By the way, I'm sorry. It's basically my fault that it happened and I hope it didn't hurt that much....” “Are you kidding me? ... It didn't hurt one bit. Or to describe it better... it felt ... well, kind of addicting. I would actually love it if you would do it again but since you're afraid to touch me at the moment I can forget about that...” Hae said as if it were nothing.

 

“That's strange... it's supposed to hurt. Maybe Angels have another set of feelings than humans...” Hyuk shrugged his shoulders and stared out of the window. The school ground was full of students but he had the strange feeling to be watched... “Yeah, Maybe. Or I just love you enough that the pain you cause me turns into pleasure... wait that sounds stupid...” Hyuk nodded and turned away from the window. “Uhmm.. how... did it taste?..” Donghae asked and shyly looked to the floor. “How did what ta- oh! … Actually way better than I imagined... I'm afraid to tell you that if this Lightning thing wasn't there I didn't have the will to stop...” He scratched the back of his head while saying that and looked everywhere but Hae who just smiled.

 

“Okay, let's stop about that. And back to the point. What shall we do now?...” Hae asked and they both started strolling along the hallways again. Luckily everyone was to busy to notice them or everywhere else. “Hmm... maybe what we did before? .. We can sit together in the cafeteria... but better at your table... with Yunho, oh well he'll be with Jae but Henry and Kyuhyun are there.” “I thought you don't like Kyu..” Oh, yes. He forgot about that... “That's because he treats me like . And I don't even know why... I've never done anything bad to him...” he pouted and crossed his arms.

 

“Okay, okay. Then let's go...” Hae smiled and they went to the cafeteria together. Hyuk could feel eyes on him and looked around to see the shocked eyes of his friends on him. Maybe he should talk with them? … Nahh... maybe later... He followed Donghae to a table where Kyu and Henry where already sitting and sat down beside Donghae. Still keeping a comfortable distance to him which Kyuhyun seemed to realize. “Did something happen? … Why are you sitting so far away from each other while you two basically sat ON TOP of each other yesterday...?”

 

To be honest, Hyuk wanted to be as close as yesterday but he couldn't bring himself to go nearer... so he sighed and thought about a solution. “We decided to act more mature and to not cling on each other so much. At least in school… it's not fair for singles if they saw someone act like that. And so .. to not hurt anyone’s feelings we decided to stay more distant ~”

Well done Hyuk... he sure believed you everything... NOT!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c) Dia_x3