Light 11

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

“I guess my secret's out then." Hyukjae began to talk and I just starred at his face. "Seriously I-I tried to tell you about this but... I couldn't really figure out how to confess that I'm a blood monster which is trying to life a normal life." So it was true. It was bloody ing true that Hyukjae was a vampire!!! But vampire... that sounded so unreal, like he lost his mind. But Hyuk admitted it... So it was the truth.

 

Donghae was surprised how good his brain was working after the shock of his life. He actually could understand everything Hyuk was saying. Even the older was speaking fast and nervously. "But I also wanted to keep it a secret because I kinda knew that it would turn out like that. I mean... who would be friends with something like me?" ME!, Donghae wanted to scream, but his voice failed. He couldn't even open his mouth. It was strange but happiness was making it's way through Donghaes whole chest.

 

Happiness, because there was suddenly a reason behind Hyuks behavior. "No one." Hyukjae continued. "I tried a few times before...” Hyuk crouched down and stared right into Donghaes eyes. Donghae knew he couldn't say one single word, so he tried to express all his feelings with his eyes. His shock, his happiness, his sadness, his confusion, his fear, his love.... everything.

 

Hyukjae himself looked awfully. Like he hadn't slept for years, like he doesn't ate - which he just did - like he was dead inside. But that wasn't because Donghae knew that he was a vampire now... no. Hyukjae felt guilty - Donghae could see that.

 

“B-But don't worry. It's good that you found out about me yourself. So you have something to be mad about. And to top everything I can tell you at least the truth. Chaerin isn't my girlfriend." Donghae wanted to cry of happiness. He wanted to hug Hyuk, to tell him how happy he was. Yet his body still wouldn't move one centimeter. "We just made this stupid deal about being walking food to the other one. We thought it would be better to tell everyone that we're dating." Donghae changed his mind. He doesn't wanted to hug Hyukjae, he wanted to slap him. How could he be so dumb? Knowing that Hyukjae had a girlfriend wasn't anything good. It had been horrible.

"And about the fact that I wanted to take my distance from you.. I was scared. Scared about myself. There were times you accidentally hurt yourself and I could barely keep my control. I couldn't forgive myself if I would have bitten you." Donghae swallowed. He didn't knew that it was so hard for Hyukjae. Donghae felt guilty. He was clumsy and he hurt himself quiet often, he even bleed often. Donghae couldn't imagine the pain Hyuk had to feel when he bleed. "I know it's not easy to hear this stuff but I had to tell you everything I kept inside. And I'm sorry that you found it out that way...”

 

Don't be sorry, Donghae wanted to say. Don't be sorry, I would have done the same. You after all couldn't walk around telling your best friend that you were a vampire, not even when no one else would find out. Donghae finally understood. He finally understood everything – even he knew that he shouldn't believe in vampires and stuff. He did.

 

Hyuk smiles sadly as he reached out and stopped right in his movement and clenched it into a fist. Donghae couldn't understand. Was Hyukjae suddenly afraid to touch him? Was there suddenly something different? Hyuk had been a vampire all the way right? Donghae felt angry. What changed?

 

Hyukjae suddenly stood up. Donghae wanted to scream, wanted him to stay, but his voice was still betraying him. His mind maybe worked well but his body was still caught in shock “Oh.. and before I forget." Hyukjae's voice suddenly sounded calmer then before. "It happened that I realized that I have a bit more then just a friendly feeling about you...so I would be really happy if you take it as a sign to take your distance 'cause I would hate myself if you get hurt because of me ...” Donghae observed how Hyukjae walked away.

 

WHAT?!?!?! Donghae tried to run after him but just fell over his own feet and landed on the floor again. He was a ruin. A chaos. His emotions were running wild all over him. He felt so angry for Hyukjae thinking that Chaerin had been a good solution, guilty because of everything Hyukjae had to go through, he felt sad, he felt scared, he was happy, he was ... Donghae just didn't knew what to do with himself.

 

Forgotten all the vampire stuff... the only sound in his head was "more then just a friendly feeling about you". Oh he was so lost, so in love. And Hyukjae loved him back - somehow. Tears were rolling down Donghaes face and he began to cry loudly. He doesn't hear that the bell rang. He just realized that the lesson ended when he was surrounded by students asking him if something was wrong.

 

He doesn't even calmed down when Yunho and Kyuhyun came to him, picking him up and bringing him to an empty classroom, where no one else was. Only Henry entered some moments later. Donghae just couldn't stop crying. He didn't knew why - maybe that was the only solution he had found for himself, for his chaos of emotions. His hands were shaking, he choked at his own tears, he hiccups.

 

"Just do something!! It looks like he's dying of a break down or something!!" He could hear Henry's loud voice. But he just cried - until the break was over. Kyuhyun feed him with chocolate until his very last cry died and until he had so much headache from the crying that he just wanted to sleep.

 

"After School you have to tell us what happened!" Yunho said and hugged Donghae tightly. "Please, Donghae. You can't just sit in the hallway dying of crying and then not telling us. We are so worried."

 

Donghae nodded. "I promise to tell you." Even he knew that he couldn't tell the whole story. He had to leave out all the blood and all the vampire stuff Hyukjae told him about. They would think that he was finally a mental issue if he told them that.

 

"But I must go to my lessons now." Donghae just left the three and walked to his classroom. He stopped in front of the door and saw that Hyukjae was already inside. He still looked horrible, but Donghae took a deep breath and entered. Hyukjae liked him - more then a friend. That was everything he needed to know.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c) dolphinqueenKya