Light 5

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Donghae couldn't believe what just had happened. He stared at the closed door, not moving one single muscle in his face.

 

Since when had they become like this? Back in the past Hyukjae would never ever had turned down one of Donghaes invitations to a sleep over. Okay they were older now, but even some month ago Hyukjae still had agreed to sleep at his house. "Am I too childish?" he silently whispered.

 

Tears were forming in his eyes and were slowly falling down his cheeks. He was still facing the door. And what was that about the girl? Donghae knew that he shouldn't have reacted that way, but he really was pissed that Hyukjae turned him down. And Hyukjae had answered in his ice cold voice. The voice Donghae knew from Hyukjae's fights.

 

Was he one of Hyukjae's fights? Not a physical fight but a mental fight? Someone he fought against in his head because he doesn't wanted to be here or near him? Even more tears were rolling down Donghaes reddened cheeks and he began to sob.

 

"Donghae dear" His mother was suddenly standing next to him, putting her arms around his body giving him warmth and comfort. "What happened? Why are you crying so much?" Donghae didn't answer at first and just hugged his mother back, crying into her shoulder - Seriously. He wasn't tall enough.

 

"Hyukjae...." he finally began after a long period of sobs and tears. "I think we've grown apart from each other" "Oh dear" his mother lead them into the living room and on the couch. That was a way better place to talk then standing in front of the front door like some unwanted visitors.

 

"Now tell me.. Why do you think so?" she asked in her mother-voice. That smooth, calm voice which reminded him of his childhood where his mother always had sat beside his bed and had read stories for him until he had fallen asleep.

 

Donghae sobbed again. "It's just that.... that... I actually don't know. Maybe it's because we have different friends since high school or maybe because we have nearly no lessons together or because we like different stuff... but" He had to sob again before he was able to speak. "But we are loosing each other. We are fighting quite often, he never has time for me anymore... and I dislike a lot he's doing."

 

His mother listened carefully, while she was the back of his hand with her thumb. "I don't want to loose him, mom." Donghae bite his lower lip as some images of Hyukjae's gummy smile filled his head. "He's really... important to me."

 

"I know that" she said and took a deep breath. "You know... I really thought that you two would end up in a relationship someday." She giggled as Donghae looked at her with wide eyes.

 

A relationship? He and Hyukjae? That doesn't really sound too bad to him - it was actually something he thought about quiet often, but it shocked him that his mother was thinking the same way! Was he this obvious about his thoughts and feelings? Or was it just a mother thing he couldn't understand?

 

"I know it must be really hard for you at the moment, baby hae" she hugged her son and ignored his complain about the stupid nickname. "But please... You must understand Hyuk as well."

 

"How so?" "Maybe he's in the need of a bit space at the moment" she tried to explain even she wasn't sure herself. "A small distance between you two. It's like..." she searched for a perfect example. "Like when you eat your favorite food. You can eat it for three days and then you get tired of it. If you don't eat it for weeks, afterward you really want to eat it again and like it even more then before."

 

"So I am food to Hyukjae?" Donghae asked a bit confused and his mother laughed. "No. But believe me. He'll spend a lot of time with you after this short period of distance."

 

"Really?" There was a shimmer in Donghaes eyes which reminded his mother of an 5 year old Donghae who got his favorite toy on Christmas Day. "Sure." she lied. But Donghae couldn't see that she was lying. She always had been a pretty awesome actor. "Now go and bath!"

 

Donghae did like he was told. As he sat in the bathtub surrounded by lovely warm water and bubbles he thought about what his mother had said once again. So the distance was something good? Donghae put one hand on his chest over his heart. But it hurts. It hurts so bad.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c)dolphinqueenKya