Chapter 45

Two Different Worlds

Today, Heechul would officially enlist in the military. He'd join the training camp for a month and then he'd work in Sungdong District Office for approximately two years.

Last night I talked on the phone with Jung Soo. He told me that Heechul had shaved his hair and that man was pissed, ranting about how he looked less pretty with bald head.

"He told me not to accompany him tomorrow," Jung Soo sounded sad and tired. "He banned us all from accompanying him. He only lets Zhoumi, Jungmo and his father have lunch with him before going to Nonsan and that's all."

"Just follow what he wants, Jung Soo-ssi," I awkwardly said. "Bear it for a month."

"I know, ugh," he groaned.

... What should I say to him now?

"Jung Soo-ssi, are you near a laptop?" Okay, it might be a bit random for me to suddenly ask this. But I got a point. I was laying on my stomach, with laptop in front of me, showing a Twitter page.

"Mmm?" Jung Soo mumbled. "My iPad's here, babe. Why?"

"Go to Twitter right now, and search for keyword Heechul!" I shouted excitedly. "You guys surely have amazing fans. They support him a lot, saying that they're proud of him and they will wait for him. Even the fans can face it, you have to be strong too!"

"I'm reading all the tweets now," Jung Soo said weakly. "Oh babe, they mentioned me too. They told me not to cry. I must have made them sad and frustrated..."

Jung Soo literally sobbed on national live broadcast show last Sunday. It was Heechul's last performance on SBS Inkigayo and during the speech, Jung Soo broke down. It hurt to see him that way. I tried not to recall it again but he himself just reminded it to me.

"Don't cry no more, Jung Soo-ssi. Cry only the happy tears," I warmly said...knowing that it wasn't so easy to do.

It must be to be Jung Soo. He had to be the strongest one, as he was the leader and the oldest among the rest. He didn't have another hyung to lean on. Crying on national TV was not supposed to be done, but when the heart could no longer take the pain, the rational mind would not be able to do the right thing.

--

Friday, September 2 , 2011.

Just a day after Heechul left, now it was Jung Soo's turn to leave me. Nah, not only Jung Soo. But also Krystal, Ye Eun and Minho. Apparently SM Entertainment was holding concerts there. SM Town Live in Tokyo. Held in Tokyo Dome, for three consecutive days. They brought their singers and groups to perform there. Super Junior, SHINee, f(x), Girls' Generation, DBSK and some others. Today Super Junior and f(x) would fly to Japan. SHINee had been htere since the beginning of this week and the others flew yesterday. Ye Eun, on the other hand, was dragged along by her father. He, Mr. Choi, saw this not only as a concert but also as an opportunity and the right timing to take his family on vacation. I was left alone in Seoul, South Korea. Great. For three days... Great. Ugh no, them traitors.

At nine in the morning, I lazily drove my car to Gimpo Airport in Gangseo area.

I had told Ye Eun that I did not want to go there and watch them leave. They would have fun together there (okay, they did go there technically to work, but they surely would have a lots of fun) while I was trapped in boredom.

Her reaction? "You're so mean! Krystal and I are going! Not to mention, Luna, Song Qian, Amber and Sulli are, too! How can you not say bye to us?!"

She knew exactly how to make other people feel terrible.

So now, inside my car, entering the area of Gimpo Airport, I texted Ye Eun to inform her that I already arrived here.

Not so long after that she responded by calling me. "Go to International Terminal. We're having brunch in Specialtea's. It's on the second floor."

"Okay, I'm going there now."

--

It was a piece of cake to find them in Specialtea's. How could you possibly ignore the presence of around ten both men and women, surrounding a big table in a relatively small shop? Especially if most of them were too beautiful to be human and wearing fashionable clothes, clearly too extravagant for an early morning in the airport...

There sat Luna, Ye Eun, Junghoon, Amber, Henry, Krystal, two coordinator unnies and Sulli.

"Hey," I walked towards them, sat on the empty chair between Luna and Ye Eun.

"You came!" Luna hugged me. "Ye Eun said she needed to scold you first!"

After giving Ye Eun a deadly glare, I turned to answer Luna, "You guys are leaving me alone!"

"Hey." I looked up to see Henry, who was sitting right across me, smiling widely at me. "Have you eaten yet? Do you want something to eat?" He asked me in English. Thick Canadian accent there.

That was very polite of him. "No thank you, Henry." I smiled back at him.

"Yup~ Just order if you ever change your mind." Lovable Henry. "I mean like, come on, I can eat whatever they serve here. It's all so yummy and my tummy is craving for some more croissant!" He spoke, still in English.

Wait... wait... speaking of English, it had been a while since the last time I met my ultimate favorite English speaker! Becuase he was in the same group as Henry, I decided to ask this Mochi. "Henry, where is Siwon?"

"He ain't coming." There was a hint of disappointment in Henry's voice. "He's busy filming his new drama. Thank God I could still see him when he visited Heechul few days ago though."

"Are you guys talking about Siwon?" Junghoon asked, confused.

Henry, I and some others who spoke English but were not directly involved in the conversation about Siwon like Amber and Ye Eun, nodded our heads.

"It's a pity he can't come with us." Junghoon's lips formed a pout. "He keeps bugging Yeonwoo hyung to reschedule his Poseidon filming but that's impossible..."

At this point I pitied Siwon... yet also felt grateful because that meant I wasn't really alone hahaha.

Glancing around, I didn't see other Super Junior members. I sort of wished I'd meet Jung Soo for one time before he really went. But that was pretty hard.

"Song Qian isn't here," Ye Eun randomly told me. She must have thought that I was looking for Victoria. I didn't correct her though. "She's busy phoning her boyfie." Huh?

"BOYFIE? VIC HAS BOYFIE?!" I was surprised... What is this.

Everyone stared at me and gave me weird look for a moment. Then they all burst into laughter. DID I MISS SOMETHING (AGAIN)?!

"What you saw on TV..." Luna managed to say between her uncontrollable laugh. "It was all true."

"But I didn't see anything on TV!" I was still confused. What were they all talking about?

"Oh jeex, no everyone. Don't say anything to her," Ye Eun said. "Let her find it by herself!"

Huh, not funny -______- But anyway, where is Jung Soo?!

"Unnie! Why aren't you coming with us?" Sulli shouted, looking kinda disappointed.

"Yep!" Krystal agreed. "How could your father do that?! You should come with us instead!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm mad too!" I told the girls that I couldn't go because the Embassy Dad worked for helf a special gala dinner on Saturday night. Every staff and their families had to come. Dad, as one of the top staff, of course must be present there, along with me and Mum. The thing was, I just lied. It was a lie. There was no such dinner. What they didn't know, I chose to ignore Ye Eun's invitation and not to go with them because Jung Soo would be there too. Call me weird, but the thought of me and him outside the country together... gave me more shiver than it should. Even though it wasn't just like the two of us and most likely we won't interact at all, I still couldn't. I wasn't ready. Too much, it's too much...

"Hey, isn't it time yet?" Amber's voice brought me back to reality. "I think we should get going and find the others."

Henry nodded. "Let me call Donghae." He pulled out his phone and dialed the older guy. "First floor, hyung? Dunkin'? OK. We'll be there in a moment, hyung."

"What did he say?" Junghoon asked.

"They're on the first floor. Near to Dunkin' Donuts. They told me, us, to go there."

Luna read a text she just received. "Oh! Vic umma said she's with the rest already!"

"OK then. Everybody, let's go!" Junghoon instructed.

--

Believe it or not, I managed to see a glimpse of Jung Soo back there.

Now I was on my way home again. Thinking about that made me giggle like a mad man and I should stop before bumping into the car in front of me.

When we all went down to the first floor, with some people following us... well, following f(x) and Henry, the place was unsurprisingly more crowded than it should be. However, it was still not THAT crowded. Just more people here and there. They weren't doing anything besides staring at us (and taking pictures from afar)... yet I hid behind Ye Eun all the time.

Junghoon led the way for us and realizing that we were getting nearer and nearer to Dunkin' Donuts and seeing htat certain spot was practically crowded with fans, reporters and cameramen, I knew that I had to go. I felt insecure with all these people.

Grabbing Ye Eun's arm, I dragged her to the side.

"I can't. I'm going now, okay?"

Ye Eun glanced at the surroundings. "You haven't said proper goodbye to the girls."

Did she want to see me hypervilanting there?! "No. Just tell them my goodbye. Text me when you reach Japan. I'll call you right away, okay?"

"Is it all suffocating you, dear?"

I nodded my head hastily.

That was not the only reason why I needed to leave. The main one, but not the only one. I, in fact, was afraid that the moment I saw Jung Soo I would automatically throw my body at him and ignore all the eyes that were watching.

However, after I hugged Ye Eun and told her, "Safe flight, babe!"... just before I turned around and left... I saw his face. He was standing twenty five metres away from me and people were basically surrounding his figure. As usual, he looked outstanding. He was talking to a person beside him and as much as I wanted the moment to last forever, I knew that the beautiful view would soon disappear. And it did. In miliseconds.

Ye Eun ran towards the crowds, catching Krystal up. I turned around and went away.

I'd see him in three days. I'd see him in three days... That thought shall give me strength.

--

"Mwo ireohke eoryeopna uri chal meokgo chal jago tto charamyeon kereohke hamyeon dwiji~" Jung Soo's voice in Mr. Simple shocked the hell out of me. Well, where was it coming from?! OH! Oh right... To avoid further useless lover's quarrel, I had changed my phone ringtone from GD&TOP to Super Junior. Hhh~

"Babe," it was still the same voice as one set as my ringtone that greeted me as I received the phone call. "I'm in Japan already..."

I smiled unknowingly. It was nice to know that he was the first one to call me even before Ye Eun or Krystal did. "Hi... Good to know that you've arrived there safe and sound."

"U-Um." I could imagine Jung Soo smiling ear to ear at the moment. "I wish you were here."

I took one deep breath before answering him. "I do too. Hey, I'll see you in Gimpo on Sunday, okay?"

"Did you come before? I thought I was hallucinating, but I am very positive that I did see you back there."

Oh my God. OH. MY. GOD. "I did! You saw me? I saw you too!" I was getting excited.

Jung Soo freely laughed. "Aren't we juz' meant to be, babe?"

He just had to ruin the moment by saying cheesy line like that, aight? "I'm hanging up now, kay? I gotta call Ye Eun too."

"Oh okay...," Jung Soo sounded disappointed. "I'll call you later."

I nodded even though I knew that he wasn't able to see me. "Talk to you later," I said before hanging it up.

As expected, my phone showed some Twitter notifications. Ye Eun probably mentioned me to inform that she was in Japan already. I eagerly checked it out... and my jaws dropped when what I saw, wasn't what I anticipated...


i;m sorry for bringing up heechul's issue again ;(

and i'm sorry for posting it late... fanwars got me distracted. instead of writing something, i spent most of my time in front of twitter, watching the fanwars and munching on my popcorn kkk~ ;P

anyway, it's pretty late here and i dont reread the chapter. if you find mistakes just lemme know :)