Chapter 42

Two Different Worlds

I should have known that knowing Super Junior meant getting non-stop surprises... just like what I received this morning.

So it was an ordinary Saturday morning... at first. I had a plan with Ye Eun to shop together. She said she was running out of nice dresses and I basically had to accompany her to get a new one... Oh well, not a new one. Lots of new ones.

It was three days after my last meeting with Donghae and I basically had not found a way to see Jung Soo and talk to him. I had to meet him, but sadly it wasn’t an easy thing to do. He himself was busy. And not to mention, our relationship was not in a good term. I missed him so much, though. Ugh, did he not miss me too? : (

I woke up at eight and ate my breakfast. Everything went smooth and just fine. Ye Eun told me to pick her up at SM Building. I sort of wished I would somehow bump into Jung Soo there. But I didn’t know... I doubted that he would be there. However, wishing for something would not do me wrong.

All prepared and ready, I went out. My car was parked in front of my house. But before I could unlock the door, get in the and leave, a black Nissan Altima stopped right before me. Shocked, I stepped backward. A beautiful man wearing white long sleeve shirt with pink flower printed on the middle of it, got out of the car.

“Oh cool. You’re here already. Come on,” the man said as he grabbed my waist, opened the back door and pushed me in. It happened so fast I couldn’t even react properly to the sudden motion of his.

Once I was in the car, he got in too and the driver, another fine man with chic hair styles wearing black suit, speeded the car.

“HEECHUL-SSI AND JONGWOON-SSI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I loudly screamed. “YOU JUST KIDNAPPED ME, I CAN SUE YOU! STOP! I NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!”

Oh yes, the weirdest people in Super Junior are kidnapping me. How great.

Those two men in the front seat laughed at me. “Lady, just be good and chill there. We are going to treat you right if you agree to cooperate. Or in other words, if you shut up. Muahahaha!” Heechul said evilly.

“______-ah, just sulk there, okay?” Yesung slyly smiled.

GAAAAAAAAAAH WHY IS MY LIFE LIKE THIS?!

Knowing that both Yesung and Heechul wouldn’t let me go now, I halfheartedly texted Ye Eun, “Can’t C U. Sorry. Got kidnapped. TTYL.”

A minute later, Ye Eun replied me with this: “LMAO. K. Imma call Songqian and go w her instead. Bai.” You know, I sort of wished she took my message more seriously, and helped me to get away from these guys.

“I will sue you both,” I murmured.

--

Kim Heechul and Kim Jongwoon are officially crazy. Why would they take me to this kind of place? Seriously. It is so freaking hot and sunny outside, the weather in Seoul isn’t friendly enough for me and I am so not going out of this black Nissan Altima, period. No. No, thanks.

“Come on, we’re here!” Heechul cheerfully exclaimed.

I sulked.

Yesung nodded excitedly. “Yes! Yes! The boys are here!”

The boys who. And no, I am still not going out. “This is a stadium,” I emotionlessly said. "Jamsil Baseball Stadium."

“So?” Heechul asked in his diva-like style.

I shrugged my shoulders. “It’s hot outside, oppa.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Heechul laughed all of a sudden. He turned to Yesung and pointed at me. “Jongwoon-ah, I can’t. She’s a lot like me!”

I widened my eyes. “Say what? No I am not. I am not weird, unlike you, oppa.”

Heechul continued to laugh. “Oh yes, pretty dongsaeng, you are! Tell me, what is your blood type?”

“AB,” I shortly answered.

Yesung and Heechul high-fived. “OUR LONG LOST AB SISTER!”

I didn’t get them. They both still laughed... but then Heechul quickly stopped laughing and stared sternly at me. “AB sister, stop whining and just follow us. We’ll rock out the place together. HELLA HEAD BOMB!”

“Trufax AB sister,” Yesung spoke. “We AB siblings need to swag the stadium up.”

What are they talking about? How are they even older than me? -___________- I reluctantly followed them as they got out of the car, still confused.

--

I held onto the edge of Heechul’s shirt as we entered the stadium. We were not even reaching the inner part of it and I could already hear the sound of people cheering. Yesung and Heechul had not told me what was going on and I was getting a bit scared. “Oppa you can at least inform me what’s happening.”

Yesung kindly explained, “Idol Star Championship is being held here right now. A lot of idols are taking part in this event. Some of our members are participating too! Hyukkie, Shindongie, Kyuhyunie, Ming and of course Teuki hyung!”

My heart skipped a beat as I heard that name. Heechul glanced at me and meaningfully smiled.

I gulped down my saliva. Jung Soo was here and that fact alone gave me more goose bumps than all horror movies combined.

“Our dongsaengs are here too! Taeminnie, Jjong, Minho, Kibum, Jinki~” Yesung continued.

Oh at least Minho is here! But why didn’t he tell me anything about this event?

We finally reached the end of the tunnel that led into the stadium. I peeked outside to see the crowds... Oh my God. The crowds. I had never been in a stadium before, but this was insane. Not to mention that there were lots of people on the field too... but the crowds, wow. I got inside the tunnel again.

“Think we can’t be seen going outside together...,” Heechul said. He took his phone out and called someone. “Junghoon hyung! Where are you? I am here! Tunnel! Ok, I need your help. Ok, cool!”

Junghoon was one of Super Junior’s managers and I had known him already.

As expected, around fifteen seconds after Heechul hung up the phone call, Junghoon appeared before us. “______-ah? Annyeong!”

“Annyeong, ahjussi!” I tried to joke around. Junghoon was around thirty, I guessed, but dude, the man looked too hot to be just a manager. From what I heard, he used to be a trainee in SM Entertainment too. But too bad he didn’t make it and became a manager to repay his loan. Poor Junghoon : (

“Yah~ Call me oppa just like you call Heechul or Jongwoon. I am not that old!”

Yesung spoke up, “Hyung, you are THAT old.”

Then we all laughed, making Junghoon pout.

“Hyung,” Heechul said. “Can you get ______ with you? We need to go out but she can’t be seen being with me, right? Especially I am quite a newsmaker right now...” I was going to laugh and mock Heechul because he said that he was a newsmaker...LIKE SERIOUSLY?!?! But then I remembered that the man just announced his military enlistment to the public in the beginning of this week and it all made sense. He was the center of attention now. It saddened me somehow...

“Only if she calls me oppa instead of ahjussi~”

Heechul drifted his head to my direction, looking serious, and said, “Say it.”

“Ugh you won, Junghoon oppa,” I unwillingly said.

Junghoon smiled ear to ear like a child. Heechul, Yesung and I rolled our eyes.

“See you out there, okay?” Heechul asked. Then he walked out to the field.

“Ta-ta for now, ______-ah!” Yesung waved at me and followed his hyung’s step.

I looked at Junghoon. “Junghoon ahjussi, I need to go to the restroom.” Pee, I needed to pee!

“It’s oppa!” Junghoon pouted. Omona teasing this man was fuuuuuuuuuuun!

I laughed at his foolishness. “Ok, Junghoon oppa, I need to go to the restroom. May you show me the way, please?” I politely asked him.

He nodded, smiling. “Follow me.”

We walked to the restroom. He waited for me outside while I was taking a pee. “Thank you, Junghoon oppa,” I said once I finished.

On our way back, we met someone... “______-ssi!”

I glanced up to see who just called my name and... it led me to one face. A not so familiar face, because I had only met him once before.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Woohyun-ssi.” I greeted back the tall guy in front of me.

Junghoon smiled at him and they bowed down to each other. “Woohyun-ssi from Infinite, right? Nice to meet you.”

“No, it’s my pleasure to meet you Kim Janghoon-nim. Annyeonghaseyo.”

I asked him, “Oh Woohyun-ssi, are you participating in the championship as well?” He was wearing this blue shirt and sweatpants. Not to mention, he also had name tag glued on the front side of his shirt and was wearing sneakers.

Woohyun nodded. “Ne. Are you here to root for Minho?”

Ah... I almost forgot that what he knew was that I was in a relationship with Minho. “Actually, no. I came here with Heechul oppa and Yesung oppa. I didn’t know that he was here until Yesung oppa told me that few minutes ago.” The three of us walked through the tunnel and towards the field. I was in between Junghoon and Woohyun. “Woohyun-ssi, I am sorry if it offends you, but I am really curious... What are you, Woohyun-ssi? I mean, are you in an idol group? Like Super Junior and SHINee?”

Woohyun’s jaw dropped. Junghoon giggled at me, he knew how oblivious I was to this kind of thing. “Woohyun-ssi is the lead vocalist of rising idol group, Infinite! ______-ah, you should listen to their songs, it’s really good,” Junghoon said excitedly.

“Ah kamsahamnida, Junghoon-nim,” Woohyun blushed, being humble. “______-ssi, I am still a newbie in the industry but I will work hard to make my name well-known!” He continued, “Do you want to meet the rest of my members?”

“Ah, can I?” I suddenly got excited. He was showing decent determination and I wanted to meet this group Infinite. Woohyun nodded, and I turned to Junghoon. “Can I, Junghoon oppa?” I didn’t know why but I just felt like I had to ask for his permission.

Junghoon nodded. “Of course you can. Just don’t go for too long or Heechul will chop me.”

“Hahaha, he won’t, oppa!”

We arrived at the end of the tunnel. Junghoon said to me, “Once you’re done with mingling, find me. Woohyun-ssi, please help her to find me. Thank you.”

I went out of the tunnel with Woohyun beside me. Junghoon walked towards another different direction.

Okay, the crowds were really crazy. It was truly great in numbers. I basically felt kinda uncomfortable.

There were a lot of white tents. TV staffs, cameramen, managers and idols whose faces I never saw and names I never heard of were everywhere. Woohyun led me to one of the tents where some boys and girls with the same outfit as him were standing under.

We approached two guys there. “Myungsoo-ya, Sungyeol-ah!” Woohyun called them.

“Oh hyung,” the one guy said. He then drifted his stare to me and smiled. “Who is she, hyung? You have a foreign friend?” He must have thought that I didn’t speak Korean.

The other guy stared weirdly at me... and suddenly snapped without expression, “Oh! Aren’t you ______-ssi? We met before, right? Taemin’s birthday dinner. It’s me Myungsoo.”

Taemin’s birthday dinner... Myungsoo? We did meet? Um I didn’t remember his name and face, yet I still managed to awkwardly smile. “Annyeonghaseyo, Myungsoo-ssi. Nice to meet you again.”

Sungyeol and Woohyun got shocked; “Oh she speaks Korean!” & “Oh you know each other!”

Sungyeol formally introduced himself and so did I. Myungsoo excused himself to go somewhere.

“So... you guys are Infinite?” I asked these two boys, smiling.

Woohyun nodded. “Yup. There are actually seven of us but I barely know where the others are.”

I beamed at him. “It’s OK. Anyway, you two should sing your song for me!”

“Ah anniyo, I am embarrassed,” Sungyeol said, blushing. But seconds later, after I put my puppy eyes on, he continued, “Okay, okay! Hyung, Naekkeohaja!”

Then the two broke into a particular formation and started singing and dancing. “Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, oh? Naega neol geokjeonghae, oh?Naega neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge~” It was the refrain part of their song, which seemed to be titled Naekkeohaja. It was great. Woohyun’s voice was really good. When they finished I clapped my hands.

“Wow, so cool!”

Sungyeol smiled and said, “Please anticipate the release of our next song!”

Woohyun just shyly smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. “Thank you...”

Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and found Myungsoo looking at me emotionlessly... and he wasn’t alone. Whooa.

“______-ah!” Taemin excitedly shouted. “You are here!!!”

I grinned seeing him. “Ay yeah Taeminnie, I am here. Where is...” Before I finished my question, I saw the person I meant to ask standing behind Taemin. “Minho oppa!”

Minho stepped forward and he smiled at Woohyun, Sungyeol, then lastly at me. He was slightly shocked upon seeing me, I could see that. But the others didn’t seem to realize.

We all chatted for a while and I felt like I needed to go find Junghoon again. “Kay, I think I gotta get going now.”

“Oh, let me accompany you,” Woohyun unconsciously said. Split seconds later, he continued, “Oups sorry Minho-ah. Junghoon-nim told me to help her but there’s no need for it anymore since you’re here.”

Ha-ha-ha -_-

“Huh? Why does it have something to do with Minho hyung?” Taemin spoke up, looking confused.

Before the conversation turned complicated, Minho and I quickly bade our farewell and left.

“Sooooooo,” Minho began talking as we walked away from the boys. “How did you get here?” His eyebrows were furrowed, the sign of him being confused.

“I was on my way from the toilet with Junghoon oppa, and then I accidentally met Woohyun and he dragged me there.”

Minho pouted. “That’s not what I meant! How did you get here? In Jamshil Stadium?”

“Ah... that. Um, you can say that I was being kidnapped by Yesung and Heechul.”

“Oh, hyung...” Minho softened. He was getting more laid back than before. “Let’s go.”

I...I wanted to follow Minho, but a certain view held me in my place. I saw a guy standing there...there on the outer side of the field. He was interacting with the crowds,  while eating ice cream. Looking incredibly, ridiculously handsome in ordinary T-shirt, Jung Soo smiled to his fans.

My heart. My poor, poor heart.

If I didn’t remember that we were in public place, complete with the presences of fans, paparazzi and cameras, I would have run into him and hugged him, telling him how much I missed him and even though our relationship was in its low position, I still loved him.

I took out my phone without thinking and pressed his number, calling him. From afar, I could see him fishing his phone in his pocket. He examined the phone screen, and put the phone back in again.

Jung Soo didn’t want to receive my call... and that hurt. It hurt more than all the previous rejections combined. Why? Because I could clearly see his facial expression while doing that. I could see how cold, how hurt he was. He was badly hurt, but insisted to put “What?-I-am-perfectly-fine” kind of expression on his face. One question popped in my mind for the hundred times: what have I done to make him this way?

My heart ached. Not only I had to deal with my own heartbreak, I also had to painfully watch Jung Soo slowly broken.

Refused to give up, I sent Jung Soo a text message. “Turn to your left.”

The same scene appeared before me. Jung Soo took his phone out and read my message. He was putting it back into his pocket again... and that was where my heart broke for real. He would never turn to see me, he would ne... but slowly, slowly that man drifted his head towards my direction. Oh no. He... it took him two seconds before spotting me in the crowds.

Eye to eye... we stared at each other in the eyes. All the gloomy days, all the sleepless nights, all the painful call dismissals, all the reasons behind the actions, all the heartbreaks, all the forced smiles, all the excruciating pain behind an “I’m fine” and all the tears rolling down the cheeks... it all collided and burst together as we shared the moment. No words needed, everyone didn’t have to recognize us... I knew he was still mad. Mad at me. For unknown reasons. Therefore, I, through the stare, sincerely apologized to him. Without knowing my fault, I apologized to Jung Soo.

And I sensed that he was softening a bit... because he pulled out his phone, and I knew that motion meant he was ready to talk to me. I was about to smile, thankfully smile at his understanding, when suddenly he dropped his hand to the side part of his body, and drifted his stare to something beside me.

I followed his stare in horror, afraid that he found another unsatisfying thing and got pissed again. My heart raced... but, oh well, it was just Minho beside me. So why did Jung Soo look so awfully annoyed, or even worse than that, he looked broken. It’s just Minho, Jung Soo... So why are you freaking out like that? It was only Minho and... and his hand was just accidentally clinging onto my shoulders. Oh well, I got it. Same old reason, uh Jung Soo?

“Dude,” Minho said. “What are you doing here? Follow me. Duh.” He stared at me as if I was an alien.

And I knew I had to do something.

“Minho oppa, I have something to tell you,” I spoke up.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows. “Just talk then.”

“Don’t be surprised.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Depends on what you will say though.” He continued impatiently, “Just say it.”

I turned his body to where Jung Soo was and bravely pointed my finger at the old man in the other side of the field. “See him?” Jung Soo was still there and he looked at us with a weird facial expression.

Minho followed the direction I pointed. “Jung Soo hyung? Yup. Why?”

With strong, bold voice I announced to Minho, “He is my boyfriend.”

Unlike my expectation, Minho burst into laughter. "Hahaha! Oh dear, sometimes you're so funny it hurts!" Minho laughed his off.

I sulked and just looked at him.

"Wait, you're only joking right?" He had stopped laughing. "J-Jung Soo hyung is like ten years older than you! And why did I not see it coming?!" He half shouted in disbelief. "I don't believe you."

I gulped down my saliva. "You can go ask him."

"BUT WHY DID YOU NEVER TELL IT TO ME?" Minho shouted.

I was shocked. But that didn't last long. I shouted back at him. "I AM TELLING YOU NOW!"

Minho snorted. "I still don't believe you."

"I told you," I said. "You can ask him."

Minho shook his head. "K." Then he pulled me to where Jung Soo was. Ouch my wrist ;A;

In front of Jung Soo, I could see his face much more clearly. Oh how I missed him. He didn't put his annoyed face, just a bit shocked. But nah, he didn't seem to be mad nor jealous. Donghae was right, Jung Soo was the master when it came to hiding feeling in public.

"Minho-ya, ______-ssi. Annyeong," he coolly greeted us, slightly bowing.

Haha why so formal...

"Jung Soo hyung, ______-ah told me that you guys are dating, isn't she just so funny?" Minho said expressionless.

Jung Soo got shocked at first. But he managed to hide it again and frowned at me instead. His glare was deadly and if could really kill, I would have been history by now. Not to mention that his eyebrows were furrowed too, adding the sign of confusion.

"M-Minho-Minho-ya...," Jung Soo stammered. "That..."


Oups cliffhanger ^^

I'm in rush rn so I'll reply comments later ok? :)

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing I love you all :D