Richer Than She Started

The Library

I had around 30 minutes to speak to Kyungsoo’s mother.

I nervously got off the car and proceeded to walk towards the door of their house.

I rang the doorbell and turned around knowing that she would be able to see me if I didn’t.

I was allowed entrance without a word.

She was outside, ready to greet me.

I was frozen.

I couldn’t move and my body wasn’t sure on how to react.

I wanted to run away, or to apologize and burst out into tears.

I wanted to say the right words, I wanted her to see me as a good person. However the words would not seem to come out.

We just looked at each other.

She began walking towards me and she extended her arms out.

She embraced me and smiled.

I began to cry.

How could a person who had been affected by me, still have the desire to hug me?

“Don’t cry” she whispered to me in Korean.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry” I whispered back to her in Korean.

“Kyungsoo told me what happened, and it’s okay. It wasn’t necessarily your fault, you just fell in love with my son” she said to me and laughed a little.

“You made my son happy, and you continue to…that’s nothing to apologize about. You are not your father, you caused us no harm.” She continued.

“I’m going to fix things, I’m suing my father, and I’ll be back because I truly do love your son” I whispered back to her and took a deep breath.

“That’s fine with me, just please take care. I’ll be praying for you” she replied back and patted my back.

She then told me to wait and ran inside her home.

She had a CD in her hand.

I looked at it confused as my mind began to process the CD.

It looked so familiar.

His mother began to smile as she handed it to me.

“I was listening to the CD a few days ago actually. There’s a song in there written about you” she said and giggled some more.

“About me? Who wrote it?” I asked in shock as I took it into my hands.

The flashbacks began pouring in.

The unlabeled CD’s in his room.

“It’s funny, I remember the night before you showed up at our house, he had spent the whole day locked up inside his room singing and playing the piano. I just had no clue the song was about you. Here take it, listen to it when you’re in New York” she said and smiled widely again. I nodded and smiled back.

I felt relief. His mother liked me and didn’t have resentment either.

I said goodbye to her and promised to come back as soon as I came back to Korea.

I got inside the car and headed towards the airport.

I had more confidence than ever.

I walked confidently into the airport with my body guards at my side.

I had never felt richer in my life, but not because of the amount of money I had but because of the amount of people I had that loved me.

****

Thank you so much for reading, hopefully you remember the CD part from back in chapter 9.

It's been a long time, hope you guys are still around! :)

Love Always,

the Author