Paparazzi

The Library

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V

“Oh my gosh Kyungsoo! I’m sorry!” Mina screamed and moved away from me immediately. She ran to the window and closed the blinds.

The paparazzi had already left though, it was too late.

She covered her face in shame.

I was still in shock, how had the paparazzi’s found us?

I was going to get in so much trouble, I could only await my sentence.

“It wasn’t your fault Mina, I’ll talk to my manager about it-” I tried to console her.

“I know it’s going to affect your reputation, I know it all...is there any way to stop it?” she begged, she really looked ashamed and worried.

“I’m afraid there isn’t…let me call my manager, okay?”

She nodded and continued to sit on the nearby couch.

I called up my manager and explained the situation, he yelled at me but I took the lecture humbly.

I should have been more careful.

We could only await the article.

“Mina, it’s going to be okay” I whispered calmly.

She took a deep breath and nodded.

“I’m going to go change” she whispered and stood up. She walked out with a sad expression.

I grabbed the phone I perceived to be Eric’s and looked up any news on us.

So far, nothing.

I wanted to see if there were a lot of paparazzi’s outside.

Slowly, I began sliding out of the bed and standing up.

I winced in pain but continued walking towards the window.

I felt like it literally took me 10 minutes to reach the window that was 3 feet away. I peeked through the blinds to see what was down below.

I was in shock.

The hospital was surrounded by paparazzi’s, I was just surprised that one of them risked his life and climbed all the way to my hospital room.

I heard the door snap open. I thought it was Mina, but it was my manager.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” he demanded.

“More importantly, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” he screamed. It was the first time in my career that I had seen my manager so angry and bothered.

“Hyung” I replied trying to get him to calm down but he just shook his head and began to pace back and forth.

“Where’s the girl?” my manager demanded.

“She went to change-” I began.

“SHE WASN’T WEARING CLOTHES?” he screamed horrified.

“No, that’s NOT it, she was in a hospital gown…she’s the one that saved me” I replied immediately before manager hyung got a heart attack. He sighed heavily in relief.

“That better be the case Do Kyungsoo, anyhow, I need to speak to her”

“I understand” I replied.

The door clicked open.

“Kyungsoo why did you-” Mina began but then spotted my manager.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry” she said to him and bowed twice.

“You are the girl?”

Mina nodded.

“What are you...An average person? You’re not a celebrity are you?” he interrogated Mina. Mina looked down at the ground nervously and shook her head in no.

“What were you thinking Kyungsoo? The fans are going to be enraged!” my manager exclaimed and slapped his forehead.

“I’m sorry it’s all my fault” Mina begged.

“Are you in a relationship?” he demanded.

“I-I” Mina stuttered. I felt beyond guilty about the whole situation. She didn’t deserve to be yelled at.

“I’m in love with her” I blurted out.

They both turned around to look at me.

“You can’t be serious…how long do you even know her?” my manager replied frustrated.

“I’ve known her for 2 years”

“HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?” manager screamed.

“Before my debut, we were dating” I managed to utter.

There was a notification on manager’s tablet.

“Let’s see, the first article was posted” he muttered.

He began reading as we just waited for the news.

“You’re the daughter of a billionaire?” he then asked Mina. Mina gasped in shock.

“WHAT?” she screamed and took the tablet from manager hyung’s hands.

She skimmed through the article while shaking her head.

“How can everything turn upside down in one day?” she whispered and then handed it to me.

I read the article quickly.

The headline was:

Exo’s D.O in a romance with the daughter of the CEO of Winters Company

There was a huge picture of Mina leaning in to kiss me.

They went on rambling about the no dating policy for EXO and about Mina fooling around instead of accepting her punishment from her parent’s.

“But how did they know?” Mina asked and walked over to me.

“Their paparazzi’s, c’mon even you should know that” my manager mumbled.

“I’m going to go talk to the CEO, I’ll be back. Please kids don’t do anything stupid” he pleaded and headed out the door. I rolled my eyes, what we had done wasn’t stupid. It just wasn’t well planned.

 

Mina’s P.O.V

I felt completely guilty.

I knew how important reputations were.

How could I forget that S.M did not allow open dating?

People were allowed to date, as long as they were not caught.

It reminded me so much of the dating I was allowed to have back at home. You could only date for fun.

Now if it was found by the paparazzi’s, you would either have to marry the person, or completely disappear from the face of the earth.

Kyungsoo was lost in his thought.

I got up once more and made sure all the windows were closed and the so were the blinds.

I walked over to Kyungsoo with a sad smile.

“It’s not a big deal” Kyungsoo said to me, but I knew more about this business than him. It was a HUGE deal.

“Have you read the comments?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“Our company isn’t really big on letting us read the comments-” he began but I cut him off.

“I already know exactly what they say, without even having to read them” I whispered and sighed.

I took Eric’s phone from the table and began looking up the articles, just as I suspected, the comments were spot on.

“Your fans are wondering why out of all people you had to date me” I whispered and laughed a little. It was the nicest comment I had found. It had no cuss words or direct insults. I continued:

“Don’t worry, most comments are on me rather than on you…all you have to do now is break up with me and say that I wasn’t going to kiss you but instead I was looking you in the eye with anger because thanks to you I passed out while trying to save you and missed a job interview. They will believe it” I said to him. He looked me in the eye with a slightly bothered expression.

“Don’t joke around about that” he whispered. I couldn’t tell if he was mad or sad by what I had said.

“It’s not a joke Kyungsoo, your company is probably plotting that this instant-” I began but this time he cut me off.

“Mina” he begged. He wanted me to stop, but it was the truth. I knew this situation all too well.

Then it hit me, my father was involved in this too. He had probably found out about it right this moment. It was his reputation too.

“Kyungsoo I’m really scared for both of us right now. Please forgive me for my rudeness” I said to him and sat beside him again.

“It’s okay, I’m just bothered by the fact that today we met again, we worked things out and yet today we become involved in a scandal. I couldn’t even enjoy the moment”

“Right?” I sighed heavily and reached for his hand.

My life was a tragic movie.

Kyungsoo’s manager came in once more, but this time he was calmer.

“You’re going to have to stay inside the room Miss Winters, there are currently a lot of paparazzi’s outside the room. We are trying our hardest to get them out…sorry if I was rude earlier by the way…It’s just really stressful!” Kyungsoo’s manager said and wiped the sweat of his forehead.

“I completely understand, it’s fine. Thank you” I replied humbly. He nodded and then his eyes went wide.

“You need pajamas if you’re going to stay here tonight! I will call for extra blankets and pillows” he said thoughtfully.

“Thank you so much!” I replied in return and bowed.

After a few minutes, his manager arrived with the nurse and certain things. I changed in the bathroom while they bandaged Kyungsoo.

“You’re not going to do anything crazy if I leave you two alone in here all night right?” Kyungsoo’s manager said a little uneasy. I laughed and shook my head, Kyungsoo did too.

“We will behave” we replied and laughed a little awkwardly.

“The door will be locked and only opened with your permission. Sorry if the nurses wake you guys up during the night. They might ring the bell to ask if they may come in and check on Kyungsoo” the manager said still very uneasy. We nodded and he headed out.

There was a silence between us.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Kyungsoo whispered with a grin. I looked at him confused. He winked. We both began to laugh hard after that.

“Well…I’m not really tired” I whispered and scratched my head.

“Me either” Kyungsoo replied. We looked around the room.

The T.V was calling our names.

“Have you watched My Love From Another Star?” he asked, he sounded shy about it though.

“HECK YES!” I replied and grabbed the remote control from the nearby table.

“Leave me some room” I demanded. His eyes went wide.

There was plenty of space next to him on the hospital bed.

I the T.V and put on a random episode from the drama on demand.

I sat next to him in bed, but I sat on top of the blankets so there was still some kind of division. If the nurses were to come into the room, they couldn’t say anything about it.

“Your stranger than I last remember” he whispered and laughed.

“You’re squishier than I last remember but hey, I’m not hating” I said defending myself.

We sat in silence as the drama continued and for some reason, it didn’t feel awkward at all.

We had to enjoy the moment before we had to deal with life in the morning.

***

Author's Note:

The only comforting part of this writing process is that I might completly

detest the chapter today but re-read it a few months from now and love it.

Let's hope that happens with this one!

Don't forget to UPVOTE the story so that it can get a little more recognition and comment :)

I love you all!

-The Author