Unspoken Rule

The Library

Mina’s P.O.V

I walked over to the elevator entrance and got on at the same time as another girl. She looked at me confused but then looked away. The elevator ride was awkward and before I got off she stopped me.

“Do you speak Korean?” she asked in English. I was about to roll my eyes but I decided not to be rude and nodded.

“Oh, are you the girl who saved D.O oppa?” she asked excitedly in Korean.

“I don’t consider it saving-” I began but her eyes went huge.

“What room is he in?”

“I’m sorry but I cannot disclose that kind of information”

This time she rolled her eyes.

“I’ll figure it out” she mumbled and walked away angrily. I have to admit, I felt scared for that moment. I had to be more careful with his fans.

I carefully walked out and spotted Eric at the front desk.

“Eric, my phone” I whispered and nudged him a little. He turned around to look at me and smiled.

“I don’t have your phone but you can borrow mine if you like”

“May I?”

He nodded and handed it to me. I got back into the elevator and reached the floor where Kyungsoo was in.

There were guards outside this time.

“May I go inside, I’m Mina Winters, Kyungsoo’s friend” I stuttered slightly afraid and intimidated by the guards.

They held up their hand for me to wait and went inside.

They came back out and allowed me inside.

“Is everything okay?” I asked as I walked towards the chair next to the bed.

“Some girl tried to get in, but anyways did you look up your family?” he asked sounding not very worried about his own situation.

“I haven’t” I admitted and took the phone from my hands and handed it to him.

“Can you do it?” I begged. He nodded and looked them up. He then told me what had happened.

I couldn’t say I was shocked.

They were doing fine.

They hadn’t necessarily lied but they hadn’t been honest either.

There were articles on me being the rebellious daughter.

That I choose to leave New York and I was meditating on what I had done.

My father was even being praised on his parenting skills by some article.

I shook my head.

There was even a picture of the new happy family.

What did shock me, was that my brother was now a married man.

The picture had a smiling Justin, a girl holding onto his arm and smiling as well. My father and Adelia.

I couldn’t understand what I was feeling.

Whether I was mad, sad or confused, I really couldn’t tell.

Really, I was just glad I had left them because it could have been me, the one married in that picture. I shivered at the thought.

I felt Kyungsoo just watching me as I reacted slowly to the news.

“I’m so rebellious” I joked. Kyungsoo gave me a compassionate smile.

I couldn’t help but stare at Kyungsoo. He had become such a handsome man.

“Do I have something on my face?” he asked, his big eyes staring right at me.

“Can you not?” I asked and giggled nervously.

“Not what?” he asked oblivious.

“Nothing, nothing” I whispered and waved my hands back and forth.

“Are you sure?” he asked sitting up.

I nodded. There was an awkward silence once more. He cleared his throat and looked me straight in the eye. I felt like he was going to say something important, I have to admit that I got very intimidated. I looked down at the ground avoiding his gaze.

“Can we start over?” he silently asked. I looked up from the ground in a slight shock.

“I meant that’s if you don’t already-” he began.

“Kyungsoo” I stopped him and walked over to the side of the bed he was closest to. We looked at each other again. I reached for his face but hesitated. I didn’t want him to reject my gesture. I stopped midway but he reached over and grabbed my hand and led it to his face. He held my hand gently as I put my hand on his face ever so lightly.

“I never stopped caring for you” I whispered and smiled.

“I never did either, but why do you hesitate so much, I’m still Kyungsoo you know?” he whispered softly.

“You still make me nervous” I giggled and leaned in closer. With our eyes locked, I began leaning closer.

I felt so embarrassed, a 21 year old who didn’t even know what a kiss felt like.

I stopped halfway again and looked away ashamed. With his hands he turned my face back around gently.

“This might sound so straight forward” he laughed “but Mina, please kiss me. You know I can’t really move, you’re making this really hard on me” he chuckled.

My eyes went wide, did he just ask me to kiss him?

Your wish is my command I thought to myself and laughed shyly.

I leaned in this time with more confidence and pressed my lips against his.

My first kiss felt sweet and long overdue.

We both laughed it off shyly afterwards.

“Well this was a good day” I joked, he laughed along.

There was a knock on the door.

I was so thankful they actually had good timing for once and didn’t catch us kissing.

“NOONA!” Sehun declared as he entered the room followed by 10 other handsome men.

“Sehun told us you didn’t know, but then what did happen?” Baekhyun added in a very serious tone.

“Is it really you?” Tao asked and observed me. He even rubbed his eyes.

“You changed so much” Luhan whispered and stood next to me.

“You saved Kyungsoo?” Chen asked observing Kyungsoo and his injures. I simply nodded.

“We’re glad you’re okay, I was frankly worried for you as well” Suho addressed me. I was still amazed by how proper he was.

“I can’t believe it’s been 2 years” Xuimin mumbled.

I nodded once more and sat down. I knew I had to explain it all to them.

After I explained what happened to them, they all agreed that I was forgiven. In addition, they were all very shocked that I was no longer rich.

“So what happened with your house in Santa Barbara?” Chanyeol asked.

I shrugged. “I’m guessing they sold it”

 “Your father had nothing on me, yet he still managed to make my family agree on moving…no offence but your father is a jerk” Kris whispered coolly, his arms folded as he leaned against the wall.

 “I completely understand where you are coming from” I replied.

“He missed you a lot” Kai smirked and looked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gave him a look. ,

 “You guys are going to work things out right?” Lay asked concerned for my relationship with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo and I blushed and nodded.

“I don’t see why not” I whispered and grinned.

“We’ll aren’t we glad” Kai joked and laughed. He looked at the rest of the guys.

“It’s time for us to go, we have a schedule” Kris declared and looked at Suho.

Suho nodded.

“We need to hang out once Kyungsoo is discharged. Make sure to get our numbers from Kyungsoo okay?” Suho said and smiled. The rest of the guys nodded. They bowed and headed out.

“I missed them a lot” I said to Kyungsoo and giggled. The guys were so childish but that’s what made them special.

“They haven’t changed huh? Even if their k-pop idols now” Kyungsoo asked. I shook my head.

“Not one bit” I replied and giggled.

“You should go change now, go eat and sleep. I’ll be here tomorrow” he said sweetly to me.

I smiled and nodded.

“Can I kiss you one more time?” I asked. He smiled and nodded.

I was about to lean in to kiss him, when there was a flash. We both turned around to face the window.

It was a paparazzi.

How could I forget?

The unspoken rule of S.M Entertainment.

***

Author's Note:

SORRY FOR THE LAG!

I went ahead and lived for a week.

I went to a Kina Grannis and Imaginary Future concert and got to meet them both!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blR9yZVDTTQ

I saw the guy I have interest in :p

I've been preparing myself for finals this upcoming week!

BUSY BUSY!

But here you go! Better late than never right?

So what is this UNSPOKEN RULE OF S.M ENTERTAIMENT?

-Love, the author