"Their In Their Finery"

The Library

Just as soon as Mina’s class was over, she walked out with Eun Sang and got into the fancy car.

Mina felt overwhelmed. She hadn’t been around so much luxury in a long time.

Every breath she took inside that car already felt like it was worth a million dollars. When they finally arrived at the Kim residence, Mina began to feel panic. Panic like no other.

“I-I don’t think I can go in, I’m going to go home” she stuttered trying to get out of the car.

“Mina breath” Cha Eun Sang whispered to her. She got out of the car first and helped Mina get off.

“Don’t worry Mina, Kim Tan’s father is not here today. It’s just us.” Cha Eun Sang added trying to calm Mina down.

Mina gulped and nodded as they entered.

She felt like a tourist.

She was “actually” admiring every detail of the home. She hadn’t seen a fancy place in so long. It felt foreign to her.

Mina’s P.O.V

“Welcome, please come inside” the maids said in unison and allowed us to walk in, they helped us take our shoes off and put on the slippers.

“Thank you” I replied back and bowed.

A gesture I had never performed not even around my own maids.

Kim Tan was watching us from the living room. His eye brow was raised.

Cha Eun Sang signaled me to sit down.

I sat down and admired the finery of the sofa.

“It’s been a long time Mina Winters” Kim Tan began. I looked up and nodded.

“It’s been around 5 years since I last saw you, and I mean it, we only saw each other we didn’t exchange a word” I replied back.

He nodded.

“I was 16 years old” he whispered and laughed.

“Yup, I remember it was when your family sent you out to exile”

He laughed even more.

“I met Cha Eun Sang not too long after that, we met in L.A” he said and looked at Eun Sang with a loving look.

“Wait, so when did you two originally meet?” Eun Sang asked confused.

“You were what, like 10?” I said exchanging a look with Kim Tan and began to crack up. Kim Tan wasn’t exactly handsome back in his days.

“Whatever, it’s not like you were model status either” he replied cockily, we were on the same page though, he knew exactly what I was referring to when I laughed. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

“Anyways, to what we are here for…what happened, are you not allowed back in the U.S? What did you do to get your father so mad?” Kim Tan interrogated me. I sighed.

I didn’t really want to tell my story.

“Well first off, you know my brother Justin, he threw a huge party with drug addicts and drunks and blamed it on me. So I was sent to California”

The mention of California made Kim Tan and I burst out into laughter.

“Not exactly the place for punishment huh?” he added and smiled. I shook my head.

“Yeah definitely not, I met a wonderful person named Kyungsoo at a library. The sweetest most humble guy, he reminds me somewhat of Eun Sang, both wonderful personalities” I explained.

Eun Sang smiled, I understood why Kim Tan fell in love with her. She’s a kind soul, like Kyungsoo.

“But what happened, did your father find out?” Kim Tan asked, he seemed to be getting into my story.

I nodded.

“Yeah, he did and he made him disappear from the United States, even his friends. There was no trace of him and I was furious. I wasn’t allowed to go back to NYC but I did it anyways, I drove to Nevada and took the plane from there and renounced my inheritance and fortune…”

“SERIOUSLY?” Kim Tan gasped shocked.

“Even worse scenario than what happened to us” Eun Sang added. It was my turn to be confused.

“You’re not an heir?” I asked Eun Sang.

She shook her head and smiled.

“Not one bit”

“My father actually wanted to send her out of the country too, he sent them to another city in Korea though and I hired people to find her. She never wanted to see me again, I mean my father had caused so much hurt” Kim Tan explained, however every word that was coming out of his mouth reminded me so much of the situation I was in. “I didn’t want to be an heir, but I also didn’t have to renounce my wealth…so how did you manage to live Mina? Your family is beyond wealthier than mine, it must have been hard”

I nodded. Eun Sang seemed to be in shock when he mentioned that my family was of more money.

The way I acted and dressed would have said otherwise.

“I had to tough it out and work at Walmart, I then met Eric and his family and ended up here. I didn’t think I’d see anyone that knew me but I did” I said and laughed a little.

“Wow, so you really renounced everything?” Kim Tan asked still sounding amazed by it all.

“Every little bit of it” I responded feeling proud.

Throughout my life time I had seen so many heirs try and renounce their wealth and lifestyle, but no matter what, they only lasted a month at max. I had defied statistics and had lived without it all for 2 years on my own. After explaining it all, Kim Tan reminded me that if I needed anything I could always let him know. They invited me for dinner but I refused.

If I gave in, the amazing food could have changed my mind about renouncing my inheritance.

I did ask for a favor though. To be dropped off at the S.M Entertainment building.

I knew it was already night time and it wasn’t safe to be out alone but I asked to be left there anyways.

I walked up to the front of the building and just observed it.

I imagined how hard Kyungsoo must have had to work in order to get into the position he was in.

I imagined it all.

None of us had it easy.

I began to feel really cold. There was a slight breeze blowing in. I took one last look at the building and was about to walk away when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

“Mina?”

I turned around startled and frightened.

“Noona is that you?”

I wasn’t sure what to do. I had two options.

I could run, or tough it out like a mature adult.

At this point I couldn’t really tell what was up or what was down, how was I going to make decision with that judgment?

***

Author's Note:

Hello! I was depressed that only one person commented on my last chapter. However THANK YOU to beamitsix for being that individual who did.

Sorry to all of you who might have not liked it but I felt like making tribute to Heirs because that was really the drama that inspired this whole story.

Hope you all continue reading!

oh and p.s the question this time is:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRAMA? :)

-Love Always, The Author :)