Novice at Dating

The Library

"My son has finally found a girl" Kyungsoo's mother thought to herself. She partially felt that she was to blame for her son's loneliness. Her son always put her first. He would rather work overtime than go party with his friends. Pay the rent than buy himself something. Ever since her husband had died and her eldest son had moved to Korea, Kyungsoo became the head of the family. All the responsibility on him.

She watched as he fixed his hair in the mirror before heading out.

"My son, you look so handsome! I haven't seen you dress up like this since your high school graduation!" Kyungsoo's mother said and laughed. He smiled shyly and rubbed his neck.

"I'll be back home before 10, I don't want you to worry" he reminded his mother.

"Stop caring so much about me and go, your girlfriend is waiting for you" she responded back and smiled. Kissed her son's forehead and waved goodbye.

***

He arrived at her home to pick her up. For once he felt somewhat worthy to be entering her neighborhood. He had borrowed Tao's new car and definitely looked handsome. When he had stopped at a stop sign earlier, some girls were crossing the street and whispered.

"Who is that? He's so cute!"

Do I look that different? he thought to himself. He shrugged and proceeded to wait for her to come out of her home. She finally came out. She was shocked by the new car. She would have rubbed her eyes if it wouldn't have been for the fact she was wearing make up.

She opened the car door and was even more astonished when she saw an extremely rather 'dashing' gentleman sitting on the driver's seat.

"Ky-kyungsoo" she stuttered. He tried to pull an act. He looked back at her smoothly and smirked.

"Ya Kyungsoo! Is it really you?" she asked getting into the car and examining him furthermore.

"It's me" he said laughed.

"Wow, you look even more handsome than you always do. I didn't think you could get more handsome" Mina said and giggled. Kyungsoo turned tomatoe red. He cleared his throat.

"I-I...well where should we go" he asked. She looked down at her hands as if looking for the answer.

"I have no clue Kyungsoo, I...well I've never been on a date" she said almost at a whisper. Kyungsoo stared back at her a little shocked.

"Never?" he asked.

"Never" she replied.

There was a silence between them as Kyungsoo thought.

"Have you been on a date before?" she asked hoping he would say no.

He was going to be honest. He nodded. She looked back at her hands in dissapointment.

Kyungsoo noticed and felt bad.

"It's been a long time though" he added. Mina was too curious now, she wanted to know who the girl he had dated was.

"How come you never dated before?" he asked before she could ask about him. The inevitable question.

"I wasn't allowed to, but how about we go take a walk on the beach and i'll tell you about it. I always wanted to go on a date to the beach" she whispered and smiled. She was trying to lighten up her own mood. He nodded and smiled.

"Mina?" he asked looking at her straight in the eye.

"Huh?" she asked looking back at him.

"I'm really glad you weren't allowed to date"

"Hey!" she complained.

"Hey, I'm being sincere, if you would have been able to, who know's where you'd be right now. I like how things are here and now" he whispered softly and reached for her hand. He held her hand softly. She thought for a moment.

"I had never seen it that way...all of a sudden I'm thankful I wasn't allowed to date...I wouldn't have met you" she whispered back and leaned in and kissed his cheek.

He turned red again. She noticed and giggled.

"You're too cute Kyungsoo, c'mon let's go" she giggled, he nodded and headed towards the beautiful Santa Barbara beach.

*****
Author's Note: 21 SUBSCRIBERS!!!! Thank you so much! This was a lame chapter but felt like updating to show my appreciation! Love you all. Here's a picture of how Kyungsoo looks like on a normal day in this story and a picture I took the other day of Malibu beach :)

uEeScdK.png