Treasure

The Library

After staring at the sky for a while, Mina hurried to grab her list of the things she needed. She stepped out of her room closing the door behind her.

“I’m ready!” she said cheerfully. Eric and Emi were waiting for her in the living room. Emi had been smiling before Mina came out, she now had a frown upon her face.

“Alright, let’s go!” Eric responded with the same enthusiasm.

“Oppa!” Emi complained and crossed her arms once more. Mina smiled, remembering what the word oppa meant.

“Emi, chill” Eric responded and opened the door for Mina to step outside. Emi pushed her out of the way and exited first.

“Don’t mind my sister, she can be a handful” Eric whispered to Mina. Mina just smiled and stepped outside. They got inside the car and Eric began to drive. He the radio and the song Treasure came out.

Mina looked over his way to see if he would start singing again. It looked like he was holding back. She unwillingly began to laugh. She couldn’t hold in the laughter.

“Everything okay?” Eric turned to face her quickly and then focused on his driving again.

“Aren’t you going to sing?” Mina said and giggled she covered to try and stop herself from cracking up.

“Huh?” he said clueless. He then thought about it.

“I thought you liked this song, my bad” Mina said and looked away. She was still smiling like crazy.

“Treasure, that is what you are” Mina began to sing. She then looked to face Eric again.

“Hey! Did you hear me singing earlier?” he asked and started to laugh. Mina nodded and continued singing.

“Pretty girl, pretty girl, pretty girl you should be smiling” Mina said turning around to look at Emi in the backseat. Emi gave her the death stare but it just made Mina laugh and continue singing.

“A girl like you should never look so blue!” Mina and Eric sung together.

“You’re everything I see in my dreams, I wouldn’t say that to you if it wasn’t true” Mina said and turned to face Emi again and winked at her. Emi just rolled her eyes as Eric and Mina continued singing eventually she too also joined in to sing and clap. The song finished and they all just laughed it off.

“You have a really pretty voice, but don’t think I like you” Emi said and got out of the car. Mina on the other hand felt she had succeeded.

“You have an amazing voice” Mina said completing Eric. He smiled and scatched his head.

“You think so?” he asked shyly. Mina nodded.

“Definitely! You should post some videos on youtube!” Mina suggested. Eric thought about it.

“You’re right, maybe later on. C’mon let’s go get the things you need” he replied and locked his car. They headed inside the Walmart and Mina was amazed.

“So this is what the Walton’s have to brag about” She thought to herself. She knew the family very well. They were quite wealthy and even wealthier than her. They were nice to her though because she was different from her father, she felt privileged entering a Walmart. I’m sure no one else in the world would feel the way Mina felt entering their neighborhood Walmart.

“Have you really never been to Walmart?” Emi asked looking at Mina like she was crazy.

“Never” she replied while she continued to admire the store.

“You’re so weird” Emi said and grabbed a hold of her brother’s arm.

“C’mon oppa, let’s go you said you needed to buy a new camera” Emi said and without allowing Eric to say a word, she had already pulled him away.

“We’ll meet back here!” Eric yelled as they left.

“Alright!” Mina replied and smiled. She didn’t even know where to start. She was glad there were signs on the roof.

After picking up her numerous things and asked for help to have the cart loaded with the mini fridge she headed over to where she was supposed to meet Eric and Emi. The only thing she wasn’t able to obtain was the bed/couch. She waited patiently tapping her foot. She then heard someone say:

“What in the world!”

The voice sounded that of Emi’s.

“You’re going to buy all of THIS!” she said wailing her arms around the cart.

“What’s so wrong about that?” Mina asked not understanding.

“Do you have like, A LOT OF MONEY?” Emi screamed, it seemed like she wasn’t very convinced.

“Nope” Mina simply replied. Eric just looked at her and smiled again. The girl had a way of making him smile frequently.

When they went and paid for all the things, the price was roughly 400 dollars. Which wasn’t a lot to Mina, she was actually proud she got so many things for just that price. Emi on the other hand was still in shock. Eric decided to give Mina the benefit of the doubt.

Before they headed home she decided to ask for a job application. The manager told her to go online, but as soon as he really looked at her and the way she was dressed and talked, he offered her the job.

“You know what, you don’t need to put in an application. Just come discuss the hours with us, we are in need of employees and you look decent and well mannered” the manager told Mina. This left Eric and Emi even more impressed. The girl even got a job that quickly. Mina thanked him and they headed home.

“Mom, mina is a weirdo. She even got a job already and she bought 400 dollars worth of things and she paid cash!” Emi whispered loudly.

“Please don’t mind my sister” Eric asked of Mina, he didn’t like the way his sister behaved.

“No, no it’s fine. She’s honest” Mina said and smiled.

“Well, I’m going to go shower…thank you” she whispered to Eric. He just nodded and smiled. She headed over to the bathroom. However she was left confused when she looked at the shower. There was just one knob in the middle.

“What IS THIS?” she yelled out loud. She then stormed out of the bathroom into the kitchen.

“Eric, there is something wrong with your shower!” she exclaimed. Eric raised his eyebrow and ran to the bathroom with her. He didn’t understand what was wrong.

“What is it Mina?”

“I think one of the knobs fell off” she whispered. He looked at her like “What?”

“Well I don’t see the touch screen where you can change the water temperature and the only other shower I have used has two knobs! How do you even use this?” she rambled confused. Eric just looked at her.

“A touch screen?” he asked. She then realized her mistake.

“Just explain to me how to use it, please?” she begged. Still looking at the knob.

“Well, when you turn it this way, you will get cold water, the more you twist it the hotter it will get” he exclaimed camly.

“Wait, so I’m supposed to figure out the temperature on my own?” she asked hoping he would say no.

He nodded as if it was the most obvious thing.

“Yes Mina” he said and laughed looking at her confused and scared face.

“Okay, alright I’ll try it, thank you” she said and shooed him out of the bathroom.

“Silly girl” Eric thought to himself and smiled. Mina was surely not an average girl.

****

Author's note:

THANK YOU TO MY 42 SUBCRIBERS!

One more chapter until the return of Kyungsoo, I'm so excited!!!!!!

I'll leave you guys with a clip of Eric Nam and Kyungsoo in the same room. When I saw the entire episode I have to admit, I almost died. Kyungsoo is just too cute! But watch it for yourself :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0PraUhezVs

P.S here are some pictures of the showers!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyi0lNFHhJlHruS98YWbx The one knob shower....

2013-06-05-WatermarkShowerSystemHP.jpg The touch screen one Mina is used to x)