Kyungsoo's Mind

The Library

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V

Even as a man, I couldn’t hold back my tears as soon as Mina left the building. I ran straight into the restroom and cried. I covered my mouth so people wouldn’t be able to hear me but it was hopeless. I was crying hard and my heart ached so much. I sat there on the cold ground of the restroom for what seemed like 30 minutes. My guards came into the restroom and found me on the ground.

“Mr. D.O, are you okay?” the guards addressed me startled. I was motionless. I couldn’t believe what I had done, or why I had done it in the first place. As humans, we were so capable of saying the stupidest things and regretting them later.

“Mr. D.O you are so pale, we need to take you back to your dorm” the main guard said concerned.

I nodded and stood up and began my walk to the front of the University where the car would be waiting. I had never felt so horrible in my life, not even when Mina’s dad sent us out.

When I arrived to the dorm I was displeased to find out the rest of EXO was home. I was not in the mood to have to explain myself again.

The members of EXO-M began to whisper to each other as they saw me enter the dorm and head straight to my room. From my room I could hear Suho explaining the situation. I began to fall asleep but was interrupted by the person who entered the room.

It was surprisingly Chen.

“I know you, you obviously want to talk to someone about it” he whispered and sat down next to me. I rubbed my eyes and gave him an angry look. He thought nothing of it though.

“I don’t know what you are talking about” I whispered back in a cold tone. Chen stood up with a smile on his face and began to walk towards my closet.

“What are doing?” I demanded. He began to rummage through my things.

“HEY!” I yelled and walked towards him. Chen turned around and smiled. He had something in his hand.

“You really don’t want to talk about it?” he asked once more.

“No!” I yelled in return.

“Do you still care about Mina?” he asked me, he stood up this time and held the object behind his back.

“Chen, can we stop this?” I protested.

“Answer my question” Chen spoke firmly this time. I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t care about her” I replied bitterly. Chen nodded. He then took out the object from behind his back and showed it to me.

It was Mina’s library card.

“How come you kept it all this time? You don’t mind if I destroy it now right?” Chen challenged. My eyes went wide.

“I-I” I stuttered. The library card was something special to me.

I remember when Mina first came into my life and I gave it to her.

The reason I had the library card was a long story.

 “This plastic seems pretty fragile, I think scissors will do” Chen declared and began to look for scissors. In a matter of seconds he found them and he was ready to destroy the library card.

“Chen, STOP!” I yelled. Chen paused and looked at me.

“Why?”

“I-I”

“You have no reason to stop me”

“Chen, I just…AISH!” I said frustrated and messed up my hair.

“Stop running away from your problems Kyungsoo, you’re being a fool. You’re not the Kyungsoo I have known for all these years” he snarled.

“YOU DON’T THINK I LOVE HER? I thought about her EVERY miserable day. I’M NOT MEANT TO BE WITH HER THOUGH WE ARE FROM TWO DIFFERENT STUPID WORLDS!” I growled.

“You’re really going to let that get in the way? YOU’RE PATHETIC!” Chen snapped.

“She’s a MILLIONAIRE! I’M JUST A K-POP IDOL. NOT EVEN NOW AM I AT HER LEVEL! I don’t even know what SHE’S ROTTEN DOING HERE! She should have stayed home in her perfect rich life!” I said furious.

“HEY CALM DOWN!” Kai came into the room. Chen and I stopped yelling.

“I’m just being honest, you’re screwing up. I’m leaving” Chen muttered threw the library card at me and headed out the door.

“You need to talk to her” Kai whispered.

“I don’t want to” I retorted.

“You’re a mess”

“My life was better when she wasn’t around”

“Yeah but it’s too late for that now, she’s back in your life. SO DEAL WITH IT” Kai snapped back.

He stood up as well, and closed the door with force.

I fell asleep with their words in mind.

When I woke up, things were much clearer in my mind.

I HAD screwed up. I did have to deal with it, I just wasn’t sure how