Truth Be Told

The Library

2 Years ago, back to the end of Chapter 24.

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V

I kissed Mina’s forehead and watched her go into her home. I smiled, she made me so happy.

I got back into the van and we headed out of the neighborhood.

“Someone’s following us” Kai said to all of us, making us all become silent. We looked back. There was a black car following us.

“Where should we go?” Baekhyun asked getting into a panic.

“Chill bro” I addressed him. He simply nodded but kept on looking back.

“Let’s just head over to my apartment, let’s try and loose the car too” I added. Kai nodded.

We let the other one’s in the other van know.

Kai was known for his fast driving, however, no matter how much he tried he couldn’t lose the car that was following us.

We had to confront them and for the strangest reason, I felt like this had to do with Mina.

That meant it was my business.

We all entered my apartment quickly and locked the door behind us.

The guys began explaining the situation to my mother, when the doorbell rang.

“DON’T ANSWER!” Luhan panicked.

“Oppa!” Krystal screamed. Kai rushed over to her.

“I’ll answer” Tao responded. He was the toughest one of us all and he could defend us in case of an attack. He opened the door ever so slightly.

“Is this the Do residence?” the man asked in a professional tone. They sounded more like tax collectors than serial killer spies.

“Residence?” Tao asked and laughed sarcastically.

“I don’t know who all of you are, but as you can see” he addressed them and pointed to all of the building.

“This isn’t a residence” Tao finished in a bitter tone.

“May we talk to the head of the household?” another man asked.

“May? Head of household? For what?” Tao interrogated. I could sense the men were losing their patience. Tao had a way of doing that.

“This is urgent, we will rely on other methods if we do not speak to Do Kyungsoo in the next 5 minutes” another man answered.

How many men were there?

I decided to be mature about the situation and take responsibility. I walked up to the front of the door and made Tao move.

Tao was mad but I didn’t care.

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, what can I help you with?” I asked trying to sound as calm as possible.

“May we come inside?” they asked.

“I’m sorry but our ‘residence’ is very small and I have 13 other people inside already” I replied. The men all eyed each other.

“I see” the man answered and took out a folder and papers.

“Your Do Kyungsoo, you’ve been dating Mina Winters for a few months is that true?” the man asked taking a lot of pictures from the folder out.

From the moment Mina and I met, to the moments when we hung out. They had it all. I was in shock.

“Well, I think you can answer that question yourselves” I whispered.

“We need you to break up with her immediately” one of the other men said to me.

“Break up with her? Isn’t that our problem not yours?” I asked getting mad.

“Maybe for a normal couple, however we are talking about the daughter of Mr. Winters, the millionaire. Her father asked us to come talk with you. Ms. Winters is to be engaged to another heir by the time she turns 20. Do you think she’s actually taking this relationship seriously? She’s messing with your heart son. You’re just a fling for her and another form of rebellion to her father. If the paparazzi find out about this, there will be serious consequences. Some news paparazzi’s are already onto you guys. You must break up with her…or else” the man with folder said to me and smiled. An evil smile.

I didn’t believe any of it.

“Or else what?” I yelled.

“We know you are in a lot of debt and you have failed to appear to court for several things you owe. You can go to jail for that” he said taking out even more papers and handing them to me. They were debts that we have had for a long time, and no matter how hard I tried to work I was unable to fully pay off. They were right about it all, I could go to jail.

“How about this son, you break up with her. She will thank you for it, her family’s reputation won’t be ruined and their stocks won’t go down. You forget about her, she forgets about you…we pay off all your debt…we send you to another country and you can start life all over again” the man suggested.

But why would I do that to Mina?

“No” I responded back in defiance.

“No is not an answer” the man replied.

“I won’t do it”

“Then we’ll do it for you” the man replied and looked at his guards.

They began to raid our home, taking a lot of things and breaking them. I would have called the police, but we would both be arrested. I looked back and saw how horrified my mother was and all my friends. My mother had begun to cry. I couldn’t stand that.

“Fine!” I screamed.

The men stopped, smiled and came back to the door to talk to me.

“There’s another favor we have to ask of you all though” the man said, but this time referring to everyone in the room.

“Give up your U.S citizenship, we do not want you coming back here to live under any circumstances”

I stood there frozen.

They had to say something horrible like that.

My father had worked his life away as an immigrant.

He achieved citizenship and helped us get our citizenship too.

He worked so hard he ended up neglecting his life and ended up dying for us to have a good life in United States.

They were asking us to give it up as if it was so easy to earn it in the first place.

“If we don’t” I asked.

The man grinned evilly again.

“I’ll call the cops myself” the man whispered and smiled.

I was in the biggest predicament of my life.

I looked back at my mom and my friends.

“Fine, but it’s up to my friends to make their own decision in terms of their citizenship. They had nothing to do with this. I’ll accept my punishment but I don’t believe it’s fair that they have to go through all of that too” I said to the men.

They looked at each other.

“Fair enough” the main leader said.

“As long as you don’t show up here again, that’s fine” he said to me and smiled. At that point I felt like punching the man in the face, but it wasn’t right.

This was their job.

They probably had family that depended on them. They would lose their job if they didn’t do as they were told.

“When do we have to leave?” my mother asked them.

“We already have your flight tickets, you leave at 6am”

“To where?” my mother asked frightened.

“To your motherland”

“What about Mina? Can I write here a letter? I mean does she know about this?” I asked worried.

“She knows, she’s probably leaving this moment back to New York City, if you want you can write her a goodbye letter, we’ll deliver it to her” the man stated back in his professional tone.

I sat down and wrote her a letter and handed it to them.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Winters isn’t an unrighteous man. We will have people come and clear the place. They’ll pack your things and we’ll have them delivered to your new home, he paid for that already too” he said to me.

We nodded.

The rest of the guys had left already too. They were going to be given a little bit more time to leave but were going to be supervised.

They knew they had to discuss this all with their families. In other words, they were going to get threatened in order for them to leave as well.

I couldn’t believe the immense power that the Winters family had.

They could find someone’s deepest darkest secrets and use them against them.

It reminded me of what they had done to my father before. The reason we were broke was because of betrayal from a rich family that claimed they were helping us out. That’s why I didn’t want to associate with Mina, I was afraid. I didn’t know they would go this far.

I didn’t know what to believe.

***

Author's Note:

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO COMMENTED! So so much!

I will be answering all the questions and more!

My next chapter will be long, and will involve A LOT of explanation!

and in request, I will be adding more fluff after that but please be patient! :D

I will also be revising my entire story for grammar errors and such so beware if you receive notice that I updated!

LOVE YOU ALL 70 subcribers!

-The Author :)