Eric Nam Goes To College

The Library

Mina's P.O.V

I woke up the next day with an aching body and a runny nose. Eric knocked on my door and came in.

“Hey you okay? I hear you sneezing more than average, do you have a cold?” he asked caringly. I smiled, he was so sweet.

“Yeah, I don’t know why I got sick. Maybe stress? My immune system went downhill I don’t think I should go to my lectures” I said and made a sad face.

“You’re going to miss out on a lot of material though!” Eric said concerned once more. That boy surprised me sometimes, he was like a mother to me.

“Well, I don’t even have classmates numbers so I can’t tell them to take notes for me. I texted Eun Sang but she told me she was going to miss class too” I whispered and sighed. Missing one day of class in college is like missing a week of material.

I looked up and Eric was smiling.

“I’ll go to class in your behalf” he said and grinned.

“You’re willing to go back to that torture for me?” I said in my cutesy voice.

He just laughed and nodded. He was never a fan of college even though he graduated with a bachelor’s degree, yet he was willing to go to my classes for me.

“You’ll go to my cooking class for me?”

“Yes!” he nodded.

“But what about your fans, you know there might be a fan there!” I said remembering how much attention Kyungsoo got. Eric was becoming popular, he was probably going to win the talent scouting show. I was worried he would get some unnecessary attention, or worse, I would get negative attention afterwards.

“No one even has a clue who I am, don’t worry about it I’ll go” he said excited and grabbed my books from my bed and the chapters for the cooking class.

“Thank you Eric” I giggled and smiled. He nodded and headed out on his way. He was just the sweetest thing.

It then hit me though, he was going to confront Kyungsoo…how would that go down?

***

Omniscient P.O.V

Eric smiled feeling content with the fact he was helping Mina out. He arrived at the front of her classroom and then panicked.

He remembered that when he went to college, people would usually get into this strange routine of always sitting in the same place they sat on the first day. Hardly any would switch. He didn’t want to mess up the order. He walked in to class and addressed the professor.

“Excuse me, but I’m Mina’s umm friend and I came to take notes for her. She’s sick and won’t be able to make it but does not wish to miss any important information. Is it okay if I may stay?” he asked respectfully to the professor. The professor gave him a look and wasn’t really motivated to let him stay but he then realized that if Mina was not present, someone would be left partner less.

“Fine” he responded bluntly. “However, you must participate” he added.

Eric nodded excitedly.

“Where does Mina usually sit?” he addressed the professor. The professor pointed to the seat.

Eric nodded and headed towards the table.

He sat down and took out his iPhone so he could record lecture for Mina. He then noticed someone sit next to him. At first he didn’t think much of it, but then he realized who the guy was. He was in more shock than Mina had been when she found out Kyungsoo was sitting with her.

“You-you” he whispered. Kyungsoo looked over at Eric confused.

“Omo, is that Eric Nam from the show? Gosh I was blessed to be in this class!” a fan girl whispered to another girl. For a moment, Kyungsoo’s spotlight had been stolen.

“I’m sorry but someone sits here already” Kyungsoo replied a little irritated.

“Oh, yeah I know. I’m here in her behalf. She got sick and I didn’t want her to stress out about it so I came. Do you know her?” Eric asked questioning whether he even knew Mina. Eric just couldn’t believe that one of the guys Mina had cried over was sitting next to her in class. Why had she never told him?

“Who are you to her?” Kyungsoo said defensively.

“Is that Mina’s boyfriend?” another girl whispered loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear. It then clicked in Kyungsoo’s mind. The guy was Eric Nam the guy from the talent scouting show, in addition, he was also the guy Mina had hugged at the concert. He became even more enraged. What if Mina had come to sincerely just apologize? What if Eric was her boyfriend? He should have let her talk, he regretted it more than ever.

“You didn’t answer my question” Kyungsoo repeated.

“Let’s begin class, shall we?” the professor declared in perfect timing.

Leaving them both with burning questions.

***

Author's Note:

It's AMAZING! How motivated an author can get if someone writes an encouraging comment!

I was inspired my sierra_pearl to update, so the thanks go to her this time around :)

Soooo maybe if I can get more comments this time around and maybe 2 more subscribers at least, I will do another update on Sunday?

Sounds like a good idea?

-The Author