"I'm Only Human"

The Library

Omniscient P.O.V

Mina took a step back ready to run. However she felt something within her stop her.

“I can do it, I can do it” she chanted to herself in her mind. She hesitated but she managed to take a step forward. She didn’t know what she was going to say or what was going to happen but she felt it was only right to be respectful and not run away.

“Mina? Is it really you?” Sehun asked once more. He couldn’t really tell in the dark if it was her or someone else. To Sehun’s eyes she looked beyond different. Every inch of her was not the Mina he knew from 2 years ago.

“It’s me” she managed to utter. He walked up closer to her and in the dim streetlight, was able to see her face. He knew most definitely that it was her then.

“What happened to you noona?” he asked concerned.

“Do I look that ugly?” she joked, however it sounded more like she was in the verge of tears. Which she was in a sense.

“No noona, you just look different. You look worn out. Is everything okay?”

Mina shook her head.

“I’m really sorry Sehun, for everything. I’m so sorry” she whispered. She began to sob. She was sick of being a cry baby but no matter what she sincerely felt apologetic. The feelings overwhelmed her to the point of tears.

“Let’s go to the boba place nearby. Please don’t cry noona. I don’t have resentment” Sehun whispered trying to comfort Mina. She nodded and they walked to the nearby boba shop.

“Will you let me explain everything to you?” Mina begged. She had tried explaining everything to Kyungsoo before but he was stubborn and didn’t want to hear it. Mina felt like she was going to explode if she didn’t let it all out.

“Sure, I have time” Sehun replied and nodded.

“Well. Like I said I’m really sorry. I had no clue about what happened that night. I woke up and all your numbers were gone and I checked everywhere and you were gone…” she began. Sehun’s eyes went wide.

“Wait” he cut her off. “You didn’t know about it?”

Mina shook her head.

“No, I had no clue. Did you guys think I knew?” she asked in shock.

“Yeah we did. Your father’s men said that you were just messing around with Kyungsoo. In order for the news not to spread and ruin your reputation they had to send us abroad and they forced us to renounce our American citizenship”

“Did Kyungsoo believe it?” Mina asked horrified.

“At first he didn’t but the more the struggles came and the fact that you didn’t show up made him unsure”

“I didn’t know where you guys were though. Oh gosh poor Kyungsoo!” Mina yelled horrified,she buried her face into her hands.

“I know now, but at that point the guards mentioned that you knew…I’m sorry Mina” Sehun said disappointed with their false belief as well.

“But noona where were you then?”

All of a sudden there was a high pitch scream in the room.

“AAAAAH! IT’S SEHUN FROM EXO!” the girl screamed. Before they knew it there was a swarm of girls.

-Mina’s P.O.V-

“I’m so sorry Mina I didn’t think this would happen. We are going to have to part ways. I don’t want the fangirls to target you. You go through the back entrance, I’m going to call my manager!” Sehun yelled. I nodded and ran.

The owner of the shop allowing me to go.

I was relieved, I knew how crazy the fan’s got.

However I was left without being able to contact Sehun and once more I did not get to explain myself and he didn’t tell me more details.

I was going to walk home but called Eric instead.

The ride back home was the most awkward one yet.

“Look I’m sorr-” we both began at the same time.

“I’m the one sorry Eric. You deserve to know the truth” I said in almost a whisper. He pulled over immediately and stopped the car.

“What truth?”

“Who I am”

He sighed, he looked hurt. We were close friends and yet what I was going to tell him was going to surprise him and change all he knew about me.

 

“My name is Mina Winters. I’m going to turn 21 later on this year…I-” I began but Eric cut me off.

“I already know these things about you” he said in an irritated and hurt tone

“I know, please just let me finish” I begged. Eric sighed heavily but nodded.

“If you look up my name on the internet, you will find a lot of things about me. From my great grandparents to pictures of me on my past vacations in Cancun to the pictures of me when I was a little girl”

“Why?”

“Would you like to search my name?” I asked hoping he would say no. However he nodded. I handed him my phone with shaking hands.

He took it immediately and google searched it.

He stared at my phone for a while and scrolled down the pages. He then exited the internet, locked my phone and handed it back to me.

“You’re a millionaire?” he whispered as he turned the car on again.

“No, I was”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked harshly.

“I renounced my inheritance and wealth. I asked my father to disown me.”

“So you’re broke? Is that the only reason you befriended my family and I? Would you have done differently if you wouldn’t have been broke?” he asked angrily.

“Eric, you don’t understand. I never took advantage of your family. Your mom knew about all of this all the time…I just…I wanted to be treated like a normal person…I had to start my life over Eric. You even saw how much I had to go through” I said trying to explain but it seemed like Eric wasn’t in a listening mood.

“But why did you do all of this in the first place?” he demanded.

“My father…he made the guy I love disappear and every single person that knew him. He abused of his money and hurt my friends. How could I live with a family like that? You understand me right?” I begged.

“Is that guy that you love…Kyungsoo?”

It was the first time I heard so much hurt in a man’s voice.

Never did I think that maybe perhaps by chance Eric might have liked me. Not until that moment. I had to be true to myself and honest to the most amazing friend I had ever had.

“Yes, that’s him”

There was a moment of silence.

“Thank you for telling me the truth” he whispered in return. His voice sounded calmer. The rest of the ride home was just silence, it wasn’t until we got home that he decided to ask one more question.

“But Mina, what’s going to happen now? Have you explained it all to him? What about your family?”

If only Eric knew, that they were questions that were constantly running through my mind. Questions I had no answers for.

Author's Note:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE COMMENTS! I appreciated every single one of them so much!

This chapter is dedicated to the 8 people who commented!

sierra_pearl

DewDrops0330

Mariianela

beamitsix

DarcyD

Neighbourhood96

ruthysweet

and last but not least adgirl :)

This chapter was inspired by Christina Perri's song Human if you guys want to check that out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE