Room 205

The Library

Mina sighed as she got out of bed. She was a mess and she couldn’t deny it. She had not taken off her makeup the night before and she had smudged it from all the crying.

“I’m heading out, I left you breakfast on the table!” Eric yelled from the living room.

“Kyungsoo” she whispered to herself. At least she knew he was alive. She wasn’t in the mood of going to class but she didn’t have a choice. It was her responsibility. She looked over to the scattered textbooks on her bed. She had attempted to study but with no result. She walked over to the textbooks and began flipping the pages.

She then had a flashback.

“The books are due on March 26th” the librarian let her know and put the receipt inside her textbook.

“Thank you!” Mina thanked him and was about head out when the librarian added:

“Remember to turn them in on time, everyday it is overdue the penalty is 5,000 won”

End of her flashback. Her eyes went wide, she couldn’t afford not to turn it.

5,000 won, was 5,000 won.

She laughed a little to herself remembering when she was rich, she wouldn’t have ever thought she would be worrying about such things.

“You can do this MINA FIGHTING!” she said trying to encourage herself. She curled up her fists and nodded.

She showered, blow dried her hair, styled it so it would look wavy and did her makeup to cover up her red marks she had created around her eyes because she rubbed them too much.

She got into the taxi but as soon as she realized she was on her way to the University she began to feel sick to the core.

“Ajussi” she addressed her taxi driver.

“Yes miss?” he replied back.

“Can I ask for advice?” she asked him.

The ajussi hesitated but agreed.

“I don’t know how much advice I can give, but sure go ahead”

Mina nodded.

“What can you do in order for someone to forgive something that your family did?” Mina asked. The man looked confused. He didn’t quite understand the question nor the situation.

“Well umm, I think the best thing to do is just to be sincere and ask for forgiveness” the taxi driver responded, it was the best he could come up with.

“What if this person doesn’t want to talk to me or listen?”

“Well, miss be persistent. He will have to listen to you at some point.”

Mina nodded. She was determined to look for him across campus, even if it took hours.

They arrived at the University.

“Keep the change” Mina paid and smiled.

“Thank you miss, have a good day” the taxi man replied. Mina felt happy, she hadn’t been generous in a while.

This time she did not run to the library but walked. A couple of people whispered about her as she passed by. She had caused quite the commotion the day before.

As she arrived at the library, there was quite the huge crowd of girls surrounding the building. They had posters that said D.O and EXO.

“They know he’s here” she whispered to herself and tried to make her way through the crowd.

“HEY! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING?” one of the girl’s complained and pulled her back.

“Excuse me, but I’m trying to enter the library I have a book to return”

“And you think you could just come up here and push everyone out of your way?” the girl said trying to provoke Mina.

Mina was trying to keep her calm.

“What makes you think you’re going to be able to get in?” another one of the fan girls smirked and crossed her arms.

“You kids are pathetic” Mina whispered.

“EXCUSE ME!” the loud fan yelled out.

“I didn’t come to the library to be disrespected by a bunch of kids, if you may excuse me” Mina said and moved out of the large crowd. She got yelled out names but Mina continued walking.

“Watch me get in there” she whispered with a grin on her face. She knew the library fairly well, for she had gotten lost once trying to get into the study rooms. What people didn’t know was that the library had another entrance. There were stairs that led up to the rooftop. From the rooftop if you typed in your student number you could get in to the third floor, from there you had to go down indoor stairs and you ended up on the second floor which was the library. You ended up inside the teacher offices though and you had to be careful not to get caught.

Mina did as so. She was so exhausted by the time she reached the teacher offices. She tried not to cough loudly and looked both ways before crossing the hall. Alas! She was in!

She smiled. Not just any smile but a satisfied smile. Going through this whole process had been so brain draining that she didn’t even notice Kyungsoo staring at her in shock.

“Where did she even come from?” Kyungsoo thought to himself. He watched as Mina confidently walked over to the main counter.

“Mr. D.O, our apologies, I don’t know how this woman got in. We have strict security outside. Should we kick her out again?” the guard ask Kyungsoo.

“No, it’s fine” he said and waved his guard away.

“You’re returning the book?” the librarian asked. Mina nodded and smiled.

“But miss, how did you get in?” the librarian asked as he checked off her book.

“Secret” she said and giggled. Kyungsoo just watched Mina attentively.

“Alright, here’s your return receipt” the librarian said and handed Mina back a receipt. It then hit Mina that Kyungsoo was in the same room as her. How could she forgot such an important detail?

She then turned around and spotted Kyungsoo sitting in a nearby couch, reading a book. Still with shades on.

She began walking towards him but then stopped.

He said he didn’t know her. What would he say this time?

She hesitated for she was anxious to speak to him but after meditating on the subject, she felt it would better if she tried approaching him later.

She sighed and went towards the English book section. There was one book she had been wanting to read.

“Hotel on the corner of Bitter and Sweet”

She picked it up and sat down on the opposite side from where Kyungsoo was sitting.

He noticed her and continued to watch her. Around an hour passed by, Mina decided it was time to go to her cooking class. Mina and Kyungsoo got up at the same time. They both eyed each other suspiciously as they went to return their books, which happen to belong in the same aisle. They exchanged no word. They both headed out of the library. Kyungsoo and his bodyguards took the elevator while Mina headed down the stairs. She hurried as she tried to beat Kyungsoo to the door. The security looked at her in amazement.

The fan girls looked at her in shock.

“But, how in the world did you get in? “one of them screamed.

Mina just grinned.

In the meantime, the security guards asked Kyungsoo about Mina.

“We are so sorry Sir” they begged.

“It’s okay she was no bother, if she wants to come in next time allow her” he told the guards. They nodded and bowed.

He stepped out of the library ignoring the fangirls.

“Guard Cho, where did you say my cooking class was again?” he asked his guard.

“Room 205 sir in the C.A. building”

“Alright, we should be heading out” Kyungsoo suggested.

Meanwhile Mina had already arrived to her class.

“Room 205, I’m so excited!” She whispered and smiled. If only she knew how much fun she was going to have.

Author's Note:

In appreciation of all the comments I decided to write this miserable excuse of a chapter! I will try to write more quality chapters later on. Let's hope I don't get writer's block soon xD

Yes, this strange entrance does exist, minues ending up at the teacher's offices. My college library is cool like that :D