The Reason

The Library

Mina's P.O.V

Krystal and Luna had to cancel on me for the night. They both had come home from work tired and asked me if they could come over next Sunday instead. I sighed heavily as I flopped onto the couch. I heard the door bell ring.

"Who in the world is it?.." I mumbled to myself and managed to get up from the couch. Kyungsoo wasn't supposed to arrive until 7. It was 6.

I opened the door. It was Justin and he smelled like alcohol.

"Can't I come in? Oops that's right, why would I ask for permission" he said and pushed me out of the way.

"Justin, you know you're not supposed to be here. What if they find out?" I asked horrified.

"What IF they find out, they will just send you to Singapore or something, somewhere nice and far from us!" he said as he almost tripped. Who is he you might wonder? What led us to this moment?

***Flashback***

"So we are going to be gone for a week, behave yourself kids" Adelia yelled out from the front door of the penthouse.

"Yes mom!" Justin yelled out.

"Okay mom" Mina yelled out from her room too.

Her parents were leaving for the week and she was stuck with Justin. The house all to themselves. They had some crazy party ideas but only one of them would actually fulfill them.

"Oh this is going to be good!" Justin yelled out and took his phone out and started dialing numbers. Mina in the other hand rolled her eyes and decided she wasn't quite in the mood of hearing of his plans and went to her room.

She looked through her tablet and then saw a headline that sparked her attention immediately.

It read:

Son of founder and CEO of Winters dropped out of Harvard

"WHAT?" Mina yelled out.

She ran out of her room and slapped her brother across the face.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD?" her brother yelled. She put her tablet and placed it right infront of his face.

He took it into his hands. Shocked.

"How did they find out" he mumbled already forgetting the fact that he had just gotten slapped.

"Mom and dad are going to be furious!" Mina yelled at her brother Justin and stormed out of the room. Not only would he get it but she would get it too when her parent's came back. She grabbed her wallet and her car keys and stormed out of the building.

After going shopping the rest of the evening with Jen, she decided to head back home. When she arrived at the building though, she saw way too many cars outside. Like if there was a party going on.

Mina senced something bad was hapenning. She got on the elevator and headed upstairs and as soon as she got to her floor and penthouse. The music almost turned her deaf. There was people dancing in the middle of the living room. There was a dj. The lights were turned off and they had used some glowing lights from the DJ instead. It looked a like a club, in her livingroom. She could smell the nasty smell of smoke too, weed.

She coughed loudly as a guy tried to ask her to dance. People were drunk on the couch, the house was trashed. Her room was untouched for she had locked it before she left.

She finally found Justin.

"What in the world are you thinking?" she yelled.

He shrugged.

"I'm leaving Mina, i'm going to leave this country. Tell mom and dad I will be fine." he said and ran before Mina could even catch up to him.

The party was left on her hands. Two hours had passed, she suddenly heard someone begin to yell.

"EVERYONE GET OUT!" she heard a old man say. She recognized that voice. It was her father, the CEO.

Everyone scrambled. The drunks stumbling out of the building. They turned the lights on and saw how crazy it looked inside.

"ARE YOU CRAZY MINA?" her father screamed.

"It wasn't me!" she exclaimed.

"Then who was it huh?" he asked furious.

"It was, it was Justin" she screamed terrified. Her father was not merciful.

"JUSTIN? Don't even mention his name here in this household. He's not even here and you're blaming it on him! He left the country!" he screamed ouraged.

"But dad-" Mina began as she was in tears. She couldn't handle it they wouldn't believe her anyways. She grabbed her coat, her card and keys and stormed out of the penthouse as she could hear her father cursing and screaming behind her. She left as well.

Mina decided to not leave too far and headed to a fancy hotel in NYC. She laid down on the clean bed and closed her eyes. Silence. What a beautiful bliss. She felt like she was home, because the place she lived in, was not even close to that.

Knowing her father would find her, she decided to leave the hotel. Her father had called several times, threatening he would cancel her bank account. However it was fully under her name and he could not do anything to cancel it. She decided to go on a vacation and headed off to Jersey, and Florida. She got to see many places and for once was on her own.

When it had been a week, she was caught my guards her father had hired. She ran and was able to escape. She ended up sleeping in a cheap hotel that night.

Knowing her father would catch her other wise she left too. Since the people of the hotel were nice. She left them a 20,000 dollar tip to fix repairs. She then was caught and sent back to NYC.

When she arrived that day back to the pent house her brother was already there. Her father stood them up against the wall.

"Let's begin with YOU Justin, shall we?" their father yelled in rage.

"How DARE you drop out of Harvard" he said and slapped Justin across the face.

"How DARE you leave the country for 3 days" he said and slapped Justin's face again.  Justin was just as enraged.

"AND YOU!" he said pointing to Mina.

"HOW DARE YOU bring your friends over and trash the house. There were people doing drugs and people passed out from drinking! What if the news had seen it?" he yelled holding back his hand to slap her.

Mina pleaded.

"But father it wasn't me-" she began but was stopped by the slap across her face.

"And then you run off to who knows where for a week! EVEN WORSE THAN YOUR BROTHER!" he said and slapped her again. Adelia just watched horrified.

"BOTH OF YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO EACH OTHER. You are enrolling back to Harvard and will be on parole!" he screamed at Justin.

"AND YOU, YOU WANT TO LEAVE AGAIN? FINE. Your mother will be deciding where you will be moving too. YOU WILL NOT STEP FOOT IN NYC until I SAY SO! AND MARK MY WORD YOU WILL NOT BE MOVING ANYWHERE CLOSE BY!" he screamed and left the room. Leaving Adelia in tears, Mina in shock and Justin in anger.

Mina was then sent to Montecito so she could go to UCSB. That's how she ended up there. That's why she can't speak to Justin. That's why she is so lonely. If only Justin had admitted he had thrown the party....

Life would have been different though, she wouldn't have met Kyungsoo.