Owl Eyes

The Library

"I think that's my address" Mina whispered to herself and handed back the filled out form. He smiled and nodded.

"You're not from around here, huh?" he whispered as he typed away her information onto the computer.

"Yeah, no. I just moved here. Can you tell?" she asked giggling at the fact she was still obviously soaked in water. She felt so embarrased.

"A little" he chuckled.

"I didn't know it rained in Cali, it always looks so dry" she mumbled.

"It doesn't usually rain in this part of California, but when it does. It does so at unexpected times, and usually doesn't rain for long. Here you go" he said and handed her a card for her to sign her name. She signed it and returned back the pen.

"Will these be all the books you will be checking out?" he asked in his professional voice once more.

"Yes" she replied in the same manner.

"Alright here you go" he said putting the receipt inside one of the books. "They are due in three weeks, on the 7th"

"Thank you" she whispered and took the books and went very well on her way.

What a cute guy, those pretty owl eyes she thought to herself as she walked home. This time not getting soaked by the water outside but rather enjoying her walk down her new city

******

"Finally I'm all settled in" she screamed and did a little "happy dance" which involved a little bit of "Sorry Sorry", "Gee", and "Sherlock". The dance looked ridiculous but it was her thing.

She looked around the living room. The house finally looked like a home.

She immediatly called up her best friend hoping the time differences wouldn't affect them.

"Hello?" her friend asked.

"Ya! Jen! You busy?"

"Not at all girl when am I busy?" Jen asked laughing hard.

"True...anyways HEY! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO COME VISIT ME?" Mina screamed into the phone. There was silence for a moment and then laughter.

"YA! MINA! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO INVITE ME IS THE REAL QUESTION?" she yelled even harder, almost making Mina's ears bleed.

The two girls laughed hard and then proceeded to talk about the gossip.

"So Mina, have you found a love interest yet? A rich handsome, buff, hot ab surfer?" Jen asked Mina, emphasizing the buff part.

"Jen, you know you're the one into that!"

"Oh that's right, have you found a ummm- akward...gee really Mina I don't even know your type. Your not the one to fall for someone so easily!"

"Exactly." Mina whispered. There was noise for a moment, the sound of squealling girls.

"Hey Mina got to go! Sheryl just came in with Dana, Karen and Mariko saying she's ENGAGED! OH MY GOSSSH! GOT TO GO! CIAO!" she said and hung up immediatly.

Sheryl. She had been replaced. They didn't even like Sheryl.

Mina was once more left alone, in her solitude.

She sighed to herself and looked through her old pictures on her phone. She didn't even have friends. Not one. She sighed and let her mind drift off.

She then remembered something important.

THE BOOKS.

"Aren't they due today?" she whispered to herself and began hunting the books down around her home. They were no where to be seen.

"What am I going to do?" she screamed. However right under a pile of blankets she found the two books.

She got into her car, that had arrived the day before and sped through the city towards the library. Parked it like a boss and walked in.

I wonder if the cute guy, with the owl eyes is here. she thought to herself as she happily walked inside.

She looked around, and to her dismay behind the counter there stood a geeky, acne filled teenager reading some kind of Anime.

She sighed. This was no fun.

She return the books and began to walk around the aisles.

"What book should I read" she whispered to herself.

Books about rich kids? I live that she concluded.

Books about magic? I hate them.

Books about friendship? Will just depress me.

Fifty shades of grey? Nasty.

She concluded there was no book she was quite interested in.

Something did catch her attention though.

As she passed one of the aisles, she spotted "owl eyes". She smiled, not even realizing her sudden expression.

She passed by the aisle parallel to the one he was in and spied on him for a while. He had already noticed her though and held in a smile.

Silly girl  he thought to himself. He had to admit, he was hoping she would return. It wasn't everyday that a pretty girl walked in to the public library. Just old, old old prehistoric looking people.

He finally couldn't hold it in. He turned around in her direction.

"Do you need help with anything miss?" he whispered, catching Mina off guard.

You idiot! she said to herself and slapped her face and few times. She then put on a awkward smile and greeted "owl eyes".

"Hi, I was just well, looking for..." she began.

"Me?" he asked and smiled. The poor girl was so out of it.

"Yes! Wait...NO, NO I was looking for a book! YES! A BOOK, I, uhg"

"Take a deep breath" he suggested and smiled. Looked at the pile of books he had to return and found his favorite.

"Here, have you read this? It's called the Book Thief" he said handing her the book.

"Book Thief? No...I haven't..." she said taking it eagerly and reading the back of the book.

"Wow! This book sounds really interesting! Thank you!"

"No problem, that's what I'm here for. I AM a librarian" he said and grinned. She nodded.

"I'm Mina by the way" she said putting her hand out.

"I'm Kyungsoo" he said and shook it.

"Nice meeting you, umm Kyungsoo, I was wondering if...ummm" she began, but ended up changing her mind. It was too soon to ask someone to hang out.

"If they open the library on SUNDAY" she asked instead.

What a dumb question Mina! she lectured herself.

"Actually, no we don't open on Sundays. Anyways, i'll see you around!"

"See ya!" she said and checked out the book and got into her car. She felt a little sick.

Is my heart racing? Why am I blushing? What is this? she asked herself.

One thing was for sure, she was happy to have seen Owl Eyes. Or as she had found out today, Kyungsoo.