You Can Call It Exile

The Library

“How was school?” I asked Eric as soon as he arrived from my cooking class. I was anxious to know what had happened between Kyungsoo and him. That is if they had even encountered.

Eric looked drained.

“I didn’t know how hard it was to go back to school again” he sighed and flopped onto the couch.

“Your partner in class says he hopes you are doing alright” he added.

My eyes went wide.

“He what?”

“Yeah, you know your partner in class, you know the idol…D.O is that his name?” he responded casually.

“He told YOU to tell ME that he hopes I’m doing alright?” I asked emphasizing the “you” and “me”.

“Yeah, I thought you were close”

“K-D.O and I?” I asked and coughed. I almost called him Kyungsoo, he told me not to call him that.

“Yeah, I mean he was asking who I was and we got into this um conversation” Eric mumbled but began to laugh as if remembering something from class.

“No, no…that’s why I was surprised he umm well even told you to tell me anything. We don’t really get along or talk…” I said trying to make up an excuse. I should have known this would happen.

“Yeah…well he’s a pretty chill guy” he concluded. I nodded and shook my head.

I then remembered.

“Hey Eric, since you practically an idol now…I mean you made it to the top 5 of the show…you’re going to have your debut soon right?”

He looked at me confused but nodded.

“I need to ask you for a favor…can you by any chance…if you ever encounter Krystal or Luna from f(x), can you let me know?” I asked in almost a whisper. It appeared to me that he heard me though because he was nodding. I bowed back in thanks and headed straight to my room sneezing approximately 20 times before entering it.

The week passed by and it was once more another Monday. I remained sick and Eric had to go to the rest of my remainder classes.  I spent almost my whole entire weekend watching YouTube videos.

Krystal and Luna had been placed in a group called f(x). I really couldn’t believe it, all these people had turned into mega super stars. They were so talented too, the only problem was that there was really no way of contacting them. I had hope though, that Eric could meet them and get a hold of them for me.

My deepest desire was to apologize to Luna and Krystal, hug them and tell them how much I missed them, but I knew that with my social status, there was little hope. It’s funny how things flipped around.

I sighed and put on my clothes for the day and left the breakfast for Eric served on the table. He didn’t have a schedule for once and decided to stay home and sleep. I didn’t want to ruin that for him. He would be debuting very soon and would get no break after that. I took the bus to the University and arrived at the front of the school.

 I saw a lot of girls surrounding someone. The strangest part of it all was that they weren’t holding posters that said D.O or EXO. I frowned. Who could it be this time?

I walked over to get a closer look and found Cha Eun Sang trying to get through the crowd.

As soon as she saw me she waved and left the crowd.

“This is hopeless! I can’t get in!” Eun Sang said and sighed.

“Who are the girls surrounding? Do you know the person?” I asked as I tried to get a closer look. I still couldn’t see anyone. I was far too short.

“My fiancé” she said and smiled as if she was shy about it all. My eyes went wide.

“Fiancé? Aren’t you younger than me?” I said in shock, she just laughed and nodded.

“What is he like a k-pop idol or something?” I asked. I didn’t understand the situation but these disrespectful fans weren’t allowing poor Eun Sang to reach her fiancé.

I grabbed onto her arm.

“In the count of three we are going to run through the crowd okay?” I whispered to her. Her eyes grew wide as if what I was saying was crazy. She couldn’t believe we were going to do this. She nodded nonetheless.

“One…two…three!” I yelled out and we ran through the crowd causing the girls to move out of the way so they wouldn’t get bumped into by us.

We laughed hard as we reached the center of the crowd. We had even gotten pass the body guards. That or they had let us pass.

“Cha Eun Sang” I heard her fiancé yell out. I smiled and turned around to see who it was but the sight in front of my eyes caused my smile to fall.

He was hugging Eun Sang with his eyes closed but as soon as he saw me his eyes grew wide as well.

“Mina Winters” he whispered and let go of Eun Sang and bowed. Eun Sang turned around confused.

“You know Mina?” Eun Sang asked oblivious.

“I have to go Eun Sang, I’ll see you in class!” I yelled out in a rush and began to head out of the crowd, the guards allowing me to get through.

“Mina!” I heard her fiancé yell out. I walked even faster, I think they call it running.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh what am I going to do!” I whispered to myself anxiously. I began to panic.

“I should dye my hair! Cut it too, I should have worn shades!” I screamed to myself. I couldn’t believe I had been so foolish to believe there was no one here in South Korea that could recognize me.

I then saw another crowd of fan girls, this time they WERE carrying posters.

“aaaah!” I screamed not knowing in which direction to go.

There were fan girls if I went back and fan girls if I continued in the direction I was going. I yanked my hair in frustration and tried to think of what was worse.

“Mina!” I heard someone yell out. I was about to make a run for it when I realized the voice wasn’t of someone threatening but of Eric’s. I turned around and began walking towards Eric.

“Eric?” I yelled out confused.

“Mina! You forgot your book for class!” he explained and handed me my book. He turned to his left and then to his right.

“What’s going on Mina? Is there like a festival going on?” he joked. I shook my head and wiped the sweat of my forehead.

“I’m kind of in a predicament” I whispered and scratched my head.

“Mina Winters” I heard a voice say to my left. I face palmed myself. I wanted the earth to swallow me. I had no way to run. I had to face him.

“Kim Tan” I bowed back.

Eric looked beyond confused and so did Eun Sang.

“Are you here on a business trip?” Kim Tan asked. Eric looked at me even more confused.

 

“Business trip?” Eric asked. Kim Tan nodded.

“You look very different Mina, is this your body guard?” Kim Tan asked oblivious to the whole situation.

“Body guard? Why would Mina have a body guard?” Eric asked thinking it was a joke between friends. I swallowed my saliva trying to think of the most appropriate way to explain things without giving too much away.

“Kim Tan, I am in exile, I’m sure you understand me. Can we please continue this conversation elsewhere?” I said quickly, giving Kim Tan the “please stop talking” face. Kim Tan understood the situation completely though.

“Exile” Cha Eun Sang whispered, she nodded. It seemed she understood as well but Eric still looked puzzled.

“There’s paparazzi nearby, I suggest we part ways now then. Give Cha Eun Sang your number, I want to understand what is going on. I will arrange a car to pick you up after your class is over” Kim Tan stated. Like always, he was in charge. I didn’t even have a say in the situation but I agreed to it anyway. We parted ways immediately since his fans were catching up. Cha Eun Sang went with me and Eric followed.

“Mina can you explain what is going on?” Eric insisted, he sounded confused and mad.

“I can’t right now Eric, thank you for the book…I-I will see you at home” I whispered and continued walking. Eric was stunned. He nodded and stopped walking. He just watched us as we left.

“He doesn’t know?” Cha Eun Sang whispered once he was far away. I shook my head.

“I didn’t want him to know”

“Are you an heiress?”

“No, more like I was” I mumbled back. She nodded.

“I’m going to stop asking questions since I’m sure Kim Tan will ask plenty. Let’s go to class okay?” she whispered trying to comfort me. For once I actually wanted to go to that rotten Pharmacology class. At least all the medicine labels and calculations would get my mind off of things.

Author's Note:

HOORAY FOR ME! I updated two stories today, maybe i'll update my third one too.

I don't mean to advertise my stories but if you are ever bored check out my story:

The Charismatic Eric Nam http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/707513/the-charismatic-eric-nam-kevinwoo-simonandmartina-originalcharacter-ailee-ericnam

or

Would You Believe?  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/346145/would-you-believe-kyuhyun-superjunior-originalcharacter

which is a Kyuhyun story :)

Thanks to the many subscribers that commented on my story for the first time! and to the story regulars! Love you guys!

-The Author