Mother

To know, To meet,To love, To part.

The lesson ended rather quickly and everyone went home, all except for me and a few other slowpokes.

I am not implying that I am something like that. I just had to sit down patiently and wait for L. Ya, you know...

I knocked my knuckles on the table and create a rhythm as I was bored.

Yoseob: Suzy.....

I looked up from my table and my fingers froze.

I hate the way he always calls my name. It sounded like creepy when it came out from his mouth.

I stood up immediately, pushed my chair in and backed in a few steps.

Me: What do you want?

I tried to make my voice strong, although deep inside, I was so frightened. I shivered in disgust as I thought back of the earlier scenes that happened a few days ago.

Yoseob: Are you free today?

Shucks! I hate this guy! He has the audacity to ask me such question after what he had done to me? Doesn't he feel shame or awkward?

Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I saw L breathless at the door. I knew that he had run up again.

I was glad as a wave of relief ran over me. I grabbed my bag immediately and ran over to L's side.

L: What do you want again?

As he shouted that out in a strong and clear voice to LiWei, he took my small hand over his automatically, as though it was a very normal thing. I felt secure, safe and loved.

Yoseob: Mind your own business...

Yoseob spoke in a small voice and took his bag. He was about to stepped out of the door when A.K stopped him.

A.K: You haven't answer me

The gentle eyes of L suddenly turned into a cold and icy stare as he pierce that into Yoseob's eyes.

Yoseob: Nothing... Let me go

L: Just tell me what you 'wanted' to do and I'll let you go.

Yoseob tried to struggle away from his grasp. I didn't want a fight to break out here... I mean there was no point for a fight...

But, before I knew it, I as standing at a side and L had already given him a punch right in his face.

Just as he was going to retaliate, a group of guys came and pulled Yoseob away from L and started beating him up.

L came over to my side as I stared in awe.

Me: Who are these people?

L: My friends

Me: . if they continue to beat him up at this rate, he is going to die....

L: Who cares?

Me: YAH!!! call them to stop, will ya?

L: Why do you care so much for this jerk?

Me: No... I don't 'care' for him!

I focused on the 'care' word, because I wanted him to know that was not what I mean when I call him to stop the fight.

L: I am just getting back at him for you! You forgot what he did to you?

Me: No... but what will happen if you get caught?

L: I don't give a damn about that

How come I can be together with someone with no compassion at all? Why in the hell did I fall in love with such person?

Me: Fine.

I gave him a cold stare which I didn't really meant and walked out of the class through the back door.

L: Stop!

I heard him command and I heard the sounds settled down as Yoseob groaned in pain.

He then ran out of the class and caught hold of my arms.

L: OK, I stopped already.

After he said this, I stopped in my tracks and turned back to him.

L: Let's go now, or do you want to go and see if he is alright?

Me: No, I think he's ok.

We walked to the court and sat at the bench watching a bunch of guys play basketball. On the way we walked there, we were at least half a metre apart. I say AT LEAST, so it means it is more than that. Ya, so we didn't had any physical contact

I felt a distance between us which I can't explain.

L: Sorry my dear.. still angry?

Finally he spoke...

Me: No

I pouted and look away from him.

He put his palm over my left hand and held it tightly.

L: I apologised already.. so please dont be angry?

His voice sounded so soft and gentle and as I turned and looked into his eyes, it was the L that I had always known again. The guy that was exceptionally good to me.

Me: But why do you beat people like it is the most natural thing for you to do in the world?

I asked him as I tighten my hold on his hand. I wanted to feel close to him, because that feeling I get is very nice.

He sighed deeply and started to speak.

L: Do you know that I am a gang leader?

Me: Ya... but that cant be the reason. But why do you join gangs? It's no good!

L: You don't understand... I am an adopted child..Since Young I was often abused and bullied by My foster parents, also known as yoseob's parents..they looked down on me, and I had no nice clothes to wear, no nice toys to play, no proper  education. I didn't have everything... Until I met this person...

Me: Who?

L: His name is Phoenix. He should be 25 this year, but he died. He is the gang leader of The Phoenix actually. But, he wanted me to take over. He was the best person to me in the world.

Me: No, L. I have never heard that gangs are good.

L: It's just that you were not me, that's why you don't understand. I met him when I was 10. He brought me many friends and was loyal to friends. He was almost like a father brother to me... He gave me food to eat, took me in, taught me how to defend myself and gave me money so that I could go to school. After he died, he left this gang with me, saying that I could count on the older ones to protect me. I don't want to be bullied by people, you understand?

He spoke so much at one breath and I caught it all. I nodded my head as I snuggled into his arms.

Me: And you got into some fight yesterday?

L: Ya...

I kept quiet. At least he told me the truth... I turned slightly over and saw his eyes red and puffy.

He rubbed away the tears as he looked away. Why does guys have to think that crying is a sign of weakness? Even if he does cry, he would be the strongest person I have ever seen.

I took out some tissue and clean his tears away. I I wrapped my arms tightly over him, and hugged him..

Me: I'm sorry that I didnt understand you ...

We didn't spoke for quite some time and as the light breeze blew gently on my face, I fell asleep in his arms, safe and warm.

Wow... seems that I like sleeping on this bench alot. I remembered the last time I slept here. That was when I still liked Ljoe..... haha!!

.

.

.

I opened my eyes and saw the blurry image of L turning clear. I was so happy to be able to see him the first person when I woke up. How I wished it could be like that everyday.

I stood up and was ready to go.

L: Yahh Wait awhile..my legs are numb....

I giggled at his pouting face and sat beside him for a while, then stood up again and pulled him up.

He smiled and laughed at me as his mouth spead into a wide grin. That radiant smile, I love to see him smile.

That was the cutest guy with the best smile I could ever find. Maybe he can sign up for some competitions for smiles or something like that. Heh, I know I'm getting lame, but he's really cute, ya?

But of couse, I won't want to share this with anyone else.

I want it all for myself!

We walked hand in hand and chatted happily as he see me to my block.

Finally, we reached. We swung our arms to and fro and stood in front of the lift as people come and go.

I just can't bear to go home yet. I haven't see enough of him...

Suddenly, I heard my name.

"Suzy!"

I turned to the direction of the lift as I saw my mom stepping out...

I let go of his hands immediately and backed off a metre away from L

...