Chapter 56

False Awakening

“We’re leaving now!” Minho announced being the last person to go through the door.

                Taemin kissed his parents as they left and waited for everyone’s eyes to be away from him before giving Minho a kiss too.

                “Happy anniversary, Kitten.” He whispered, leaving peck after peck on Taemin’s lips.

                “You already said that, Hyung.” Taemin giggled, rushing him out.

                “I’ll tell you all day. See you later?”

                “See you later. Now go!”

                Closing the door, Taemin smiled.

                Today, a year ago, Minho grabbed him in the rain and took his breath away in one swift movement.

                Today, a year ago, they became a couple.

               

 

                Minho woke up as early as he could that morning and woke Taemin up as well.

                “Kitten… Kitten, wake up.”

                “Hyung…”

                “Do you know what day it is?”

                “The 25th…”

                “Try again.”

                “Christmas?”

                “One more time.”

                “Garbage day?”

                “Oh, now you’re doing it on purpose.” Minho growled, tickling the blonde’s sides.

                Taemin laughed, smacking the elder’s chest. “S-stop, you’re going to wake Jongin up…”

                “Well if you kiss me, I won’t be able to talk.”

               

 

 

                “Minho, I love you.” Taemin whispered to himself as he got several pots out of the fridge.

                Placing some on the stove, he put the rest aside and began cooking.

                All sorts of meals were in the process of being made and the scents flooded the room. He wondered why he wasn’t a chef and found amusement in the idea.

                His phone buzzed in his pocket at an inconvenient time as he was working with boiling water. Nevertheless, he checked it moments later, seeing that he got a text from his boyfriend.

                “Please check your phone for a video~” It said, followed by several hearts.

                his tongue, Taemin rolled his eyes and opened his gallery to find that a new video was on his memory card.

                Pressing the play button, he turned up the volume and propped the device up in a safe place, watching as Minho’s face took over his screen.

                “Taemin…” The elder whined.

                It was difficult to make out too much since it seemed to be filmed in the dark.

                “Taemin, it’s pretty late right now. You’re finally asleep. See? This is you.” Minho whispered, poking a shoulder that just barely found its way into the frame. “I actually tried my best to look back into it with detail, and I think we got together pretty early in the morning. Remember last Christmas? My parents really liked you, you know.”

                The older boy suddenly shivered, leaning over on what seemed like a whim, and planted a dramatic kiss on the sleeping boy’s cheek.

                Blushing, Taemin’s hand ran over the spot where Minho had apparently kissed him without permission. Needless to say, he would have gotten it anyways.

                “I know that probably seemed pretty weird, but I just remembered our first kiss and- wow. All the emotions came rushing back at once… Your lips are were so soft and kissing you made my chest feel like it was going to explode.”

                “You’re such an idiot…” Taemin mumbled to himself, throwing some spices into a sauce.

                “Did you know your lips are just as soft now? I don’t know how you do it. Your hair is getting longer. It’s on your shoulders now. I remember how it went halfway down your back. You always look good. You’re beautiful. I mean, look at you.” Minho stated, tilting the camera to show Taemin his past self. He then went on to taking the blonde’s hand and kissing, earning a whine.

                “Minho, what are you doing?” His asked, although Taemin had no recollection of waking up at all last night. “Ah, I’m making a video for you to see tomorrow. Go to sleep, okay? Shh, shh!” Minho hushed managing to get the boy back to sleep. “Even this late at night, you’re still so lovely.”

 

                The video went on for another half hour while Taemin waited for things to bake, things to sit, and things to cool.

                The time he had to spare was spent watching how Minho articulated each word, how his lips formed around each syllable.

                Speech after speech, serenade after serenade. Just when Taemin thought the video would end, Minho went on another rant about what he loved so much.

                “Taemin, I want to have a special night, but we can’t do that at home with all our parents here. Let’s do something rebellious. I was thinking about it and you know what? Let’s sneak out! If you say no, you’re going to waste my money.” He chuckled, “I rented out this room at a lover hotel. I know it sounds sketchy and gross, but it’s a really good on and it was one of the most expensive rooms. It’s galaxy themed. I went to see it beforehand and it’s really gorgeous. Just give it a shot, okay?”

                Taemin had never been to a love hotel. He barely knew anything about them at that. All he knew was that people went there to have .

                It made Taemin happy that Minho would go out of his way to lavish him like this instead of waiting for everyone to leave.

                Stirring some broth, he picked up his phone.

 

 

 

                It was difficult keeping the whole group together as crowds upon crowds took over the streets. It was early, but everyone was already busy, starting their Christmas plans.

                Minho led all the parents and Jongin around the largest temple. He had come here enough to feel confident as a tour guide, talking about some of the stories the area had to offer.

                Everyone seemed greatly amused and asked questions constantly, including his parents who seemed to do it more so to test his intellect than out of sheer curiosity.

                Once they finished there, they headed for a nearby restaurant, making sure to get some food and warm up.

                Sitting around a large table, they made their order and waited patiently as it arrived. Dish after dish was set in front of them and although it looked delicious, both Minho and Jongin vocalized that it was nothing compared to what Taemin had prepared.

                “You boys always speak so fondly of him.” Minho’s parents brought up, cutting through some meat.

                “He’s amazing! Really! He always takes care of me and he makes lunch for me and Minho every single morning and sometimes we go out for dinner but when we don’t, he makes that too. He also does the laundry and I share a room with him but he does most of the cleaning and never asks me for help. And also-”

                “That’s enough, Jongin.” The younger boy’s parents said, patting his shoulder.

                “But mom, you don’t understand how amazing he is! He’ll always be my best friend.”

                “Now how did you end up raising your child so that everyone instantly falls in love with him?” Minho’s parent’s asked, laughing. “We could use some for this son of our own.”

                “Mom…”

                “Actually, we’re quite guilty of not being the best parents. We started travelling for work a lot when Taemin was about ten so he was just dropped off at babysitters constantly until we figured he was mature enough to take care of himself.”

                Minho heard his phone ringing and excused himself, picking it up.

                “Hello?”

                “Hyung, it’s all your fault.”

                “Sorry?”

                “The end of that video put so many dirty thoughts in my mind.”

                “Is that so? What kind of sauce do you need us to pick up?” He asked, feeling himself lured in by Taemin’s tone.

                “Hyung, I want your tongue between my thighs. I want you to tie me up and use me until your satisfied.”

                “You need some carrots too?”

                “I want you to take me in every pose you could think of and ravage me and make me scream.”

                “I see. Should I drop it by earlier?”

                “I’m looking forward to tonight.”

                Minho nodded happily; thanking Taemin for not going too far as his thoughts were already getting excited.

                “Who was that?” They asked.

                “Oh, it was Taemin. He just asked me to pick up some things on the way home.” He lied as confidently as he could.

                “Does he need it right now?”

                “No, it’s fine. He said he’ll wait for it later. Should we continue eating so that we can continue with our day?”

 

 

 

                Taemin finished with everything he needed to do and got ready to join everyone else. Clipping his hair up into a small ponytail, he got dressed in several layers to fight the coat and left.

                He was informed that they were now heading for the skating rink. Minho wouldn’t skate until Taemin got there though, he promised him that.

                So Taemin tossed his skates over his shoulder and hurried.

                Texting Minho the whole way there, they exchanged messages like ’19 minutes’, ‘I’m waiting for you’, ’18 minutes’, ’That’s 18 minutes too many’.

                Hopping off the subway, the blonde was surprised to be lifted off the ground and spun around.

                “I couldn’t wait so I came to pick you up. Literally.” Minho said.

                “You left them alone?”

                “It’s across the street. I told them I didn’t want you to get lost along the way. Now let’s go.”

                Their fingers interlaced but only before they shared a kiss.

                “I’m really excited for tonight, Hyung. I’ve never really… snuck out like that.”

                “Actually… there’s a catch… I asked and, um, they don’t allow same couples. But! I had an idea. Do you still have those clothes from, I guess, about a year ago? I mean, you used to have some more or less girly clothing and I think if you did your makeup or something, you could definitely sneak past. I mean, you’re really pretty.”

                “I have to dress like a girl? I… I might have some pink things and I can just use the makeup I use every day… Whatever, I’ll do it. I’ll find a way.”

                Once they entered the rink, they sat down on one of the benches and took their shoes off.

                “Here, let me.” Minho offered, getting on his knees and helping the blonde with his skates. He delicately handled the laces, making sure to tie them tightly enough for him to have support. He left kisses on Taemin’s knees as he moved to the next skate, repeating the process.

                “You’re kissing the wrong place.” Taemin whined, pouting his lips.

                “There are too many people here. Besides, they’re looking.” The elder whispered.

                Minho spent a lot less time tying up his own skates, taking Taemin and pulling him onto the ice. Everyone else was on the other side so they had a bit to go in which the two linked arms.

                “So you can’t kiss me, but you can just… steal my arm as you like?” He asked in an overly dramatic tone dipped in sarcasm.

                “Well maybe I forgot how to skate? Maybe I’ll trip if I don’t have something to hold on to.”

                Catching up, Taemin greeted everyone with a huge smile. “I’m sorry I’m late,” He said, “Everything is ready at home, though! Whenever you’re ready to go home, the dinner will be ready too!”

                They all decided that six would be a good time to go home.

                Everything was going so well. All the parents were talking and all the three were enjoying themselves just as much.

                At one point, Jongin took Taemin and they split off from the rest, racing in circles.

                “Three laps, Taemin! Whoever loses has to buy the winner hot chocolate!”

                They both got into it, surrendering to their competitiveness. Both of them started off at the same speed, eyeing each other as they tried to get ahead over and over again.

                A lap and a half into their game, Jongin started gaining distance on Taemin and it annoyed the blonde because no matter how much he tried, he was falling behind.

                Luckily for him, a group of children found their way in front of the younger boy, causing him to slow down and zigzag, allowing for Taemin to catch up.

                His hair was behind him, his smile growing as he passed Jongin.

                “That’s not fair! You need a handicap!” The younger boy yelled behind him.

                “I guess that’s just too bad!”

                He was now on the last quarter of the third lap and could basically taste the victory. There’s no way Jongin could catch up to him now. He’d get within an arm’s length, but that’s all. Then again, that arm’s length could change everything, especially when the length of Jongin’s arm was enough for him to grab the back of Taemin’s coat and pull him over.

                Losing his balance, the blonde fell over in front of Jongin’s legs, causing him to fall over as well, both of their tangled bodies sliding into one of the walls.

                “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!” Taemin whined, laying on the ice with Jongin on top of him. “You’re such a sore loser!”

                “You’re such a sore loser!”

                “I’m not the one who tried to pull the person in front of me down! You’re an idiot.”

                They sat on the ice, arguing while ignoring the fact that their bottoms were getting wet, too caught up in who won.

                “I don’t care, I’m older than you so just be quiet and help me up!”

                “That comes with a price!”

                Resorting to another tactic, Taemin looked down at the ground, pouting. “Why are you so mean to me? You make me fall over, hurt me, and then refuse to help me at all. I really love you a lot but you’re making it so difficult for me to feel this way…”

                Rolling his eyes, Jongin blushed. He leaned closer and helped Taemin up, using the closeness as an excuse to give the boy a peck on the cheek.

                A few more hours and places later, they decided to head home. Taemin finished up the rest of the dinner and set the table while everyone touched and changed.  As they all sat down and dug in, he himself went and got ready, trying to attain physical perfection.

                When he felt worth of attending the dinner, he went downstairs.

                He noticed Minho had sat to the left of Jongin and had an empty seat to his right. Walking up, it was made clear by the elder’s stare that the seat was for him.

                “You look gorgeous.” Minho whispered, his hand sneaking underneath the table and landing on Taemin’s thigh.

                Moving his fingers to the elder’s, he held them tightly.

 

 

                After dinner, they all gathered around the Christmas tree and got down to opening presents.

                Although not everyone knew each other prior to getting here the day before, they all got each other gifts.

                The boy’s all got each other what they said they would, happily opening the boxes.

                Taemin watching in anticipation as Minho opened his present, pulling out a cologne bottle. He raised the tip of it to his nose, sniffing it, and nodding in satisfaction.

                “Thank you, Kitten.” He said, surprised by his slip up which caught a few people’s attention. “Ah- well, err, thank you, Taemin. I love it.”

                “You’re welcome, Hyung. I’m happy you like it.”

                “I actually want to give you your present later.” Minho told him.

                “It’s okay, you can tell him it’s .” One of the father’s joked, earning laughs from the others.

                “Ah, maybe it’s a bit more first hand?” The boy joked back, amusing them even more.

                “Minho, you better not be bringing a e in here if you still want to live tomorrow!”

                “Relax mom, I’m just kidding.” He assured her.

                “Don’t nag at the boy. He’s just joking. Besides, he’s an adult, a single university student! If he wants to do something like that, who are we to stop him? As long as it doesn’t get out of hand, I don’t see a problem.”

                “I don’t care if he’s the loneliest man on earth! I will not tolerate that sort of behaviour!”

                “Don’t worry, mom. It’ was just a joke.” Minho repeated, sending her one of his signature smiles, but in no way was he anywhere near lonely. In fact, he was almost a bit guilty of every last drop out of Taemin when it came to lust. No, lonely was the last thing on his mind.

               

 

                Taemin decided to head ‘to bed’ early that night, sneaking to his and Jongin’s room to search through the closet. He grabbed out anything pink he could find.

                Fishing out an oversized pink cardigan, something that may or may not have been a long skirt, leggings, and a pair of high heels he didn’t remember buying, and his makeup bag, the boy ran back downstairs, hiding in Minho’s office where they currently slept.

                From then on he recognized that the worst part would be waiting.

Hour after hour went by, and the drunken parents finally went to bed. Jongin was asleep long before them, but Minho still insisted that they wait just in case anyone decides to get up for a last minute drink. When he gave the heads up, Taemin began changing into his disguise.

All the clothing came together and really made Taemin feel like maybe he was meant to be a girl after all. The cardigan was oversized; the skirt was long and delicate, flowing behind him as he walked. The leggings made the look suit the season more and the boots finished it off. Now sitting in front of a dim light, he finished his makeup.

“Don’t put so much effort into it.” Minho advised, “I’ll just end up ruining it later.”

Taemin nodded, settling for eyeliner and lipstick.

When their breathing seemed louder than a jet, they snuck out and, hand in hand, ran for downtown.

Minho made sure that they took the fastest route there because if not, he might as well end up ripping Taemin’s clothes off on the bus.

“I have this funny feeling in my stomach. Ah, God, this is so exciting!” Taemin cheered.

“When we get there, don’t talk, don’t look, don’t do anything. I’ll get us in there as soon as possible.”

 

 

N/A: This chapter actually had more in it but it got so long that it was two chapters worth so I just decided to split it and upload the other half next week. Sorry guys~