Chapter 97

False Awakening

                Minho insisted on dinner, but Taemin wanted a simpler evening.

                He decided on going to the mall.

                He also decided to invite the whole gang along.

                Because apparently he didn’t realize it was a date.

                That was probably why Minho was pouting the whole drive there.

                Not only were then in a group, Taemin was sitting in the backseat with Jongin and Heechul while Ruki took up the space beside him.

                Glancing up at his husband through the rear view mirror, he noticed him asleep against Heechul, making him a little jealous when he spotted the elder’s hand on his husband’s waist.

                “Heechul.”

                “Yeah?”

                “Keep your hands to yourself.”

                The elder snorted, holding him closer. “Don’t be a baby.”

                “I’m not being a baby!”

                This whole problem with Yujin has been really stressing him out, and he hoped that a date with Taemin could de-stress him, but now that there seemed to be a hold on that idea, it didn’t help at all.

                He also noticed that since the past couple of weekends have been spent with Yujin, Taemin seemed to opt for hanging out with friends rather than spending evenings alone. Heechul’s motherly instinct must have kicked in too because the boys were making a lot more plans together.

                “Kitty cat, wakey wakey…” He heard the eldest coo into the blonde’s ear, softly nudging him awake.

                “No… You called me at three last night… it’s your fault I’m tired…” Taemin mumbled back, burying his face further into the elder’s chest.

                Minho knew he shouldn’t be jealous and upset, but this was supposed to be his date. This was his time with Taemin so why was Heechul stealing it away?

                Driving up the spiral, passing floor after floor, they finally managed to find a free spot in the parking lot.

                Taemin was riding shotgun on the way home.

                “We’re here.” He announced, although the fact that they parked made it pretty clear.

                Filing out of the car, they walked towards the entrance and Minho made sure to grab Taemin’s hand the moment he could.

                “Hey, what’s up?” The boy asked in a concerned tone.

                “What do you mean ‘what’s up’? You’re my husband. I can hold your hand whenever I feel like it.”

                “It just seemed sudden, is all.”

                He nodded, choosing to walk a little slower and keep Taemin at his pace, falling behind the group by a few meters.

                “Hey, we’re going to get separated.”

                “I wanted to spend today with you.”     

                “You are spending today with me.”

                “Just you, Taemin. Just you. I wanted to go on a date today!”

                “We can go some other day-”

                “I was looking forward to it today…”

                “Y-you never said anything about it. You didn’t mention it at all…” Taemin stuttered, trying to refresh every conversation they had the past day.

                “I figured that when I asked if you wanted to eat out for dinner today, that that could be a date. Then you said you wanted to go shopping, and I said okay, and five minutes later, you invited Jongin, Ruki, and Heechul along!”

                “I thought you just wanted to hang out…” The younger boy shrugged back, expression changing to one of guilt. Minho was feeling pretty guilty too recently.

                “Don’t worry, I should have been more upfront about it… You know what? I just got an idea.”

                “What is it?” Taemin asked, excited, face brightening in a instance.

                “What if we, theoretically, reserved the small pool for around… midnight and, theoretically, went… Oh, I don’t know, skinny dipping?”

                “Oh my god!” The younger boy snorted, cupping his mouth. “No way!”

                “Yes way!”

                “Okay!” He quickly nodded, smile stretched from ear to ear.

                “Then that’ll be our little date.”

                With a kiss, they caught up with the rest of the group.

               

 

 

 

               

                “What do you think?” Jongin asked, modelling a cardigan.

                “Someone looks handsome.” Taemin smiled, stepping up behind him, wrapping his arms around the younger boy’s waist.

                “Good, then I guess I’ll buy it. I was on the fence about it, but thanks to your comment, I’m sold. You should work retail.”

                “I’ll stick to modelling the clothes, not selling them.”

                Glancing down at the carbonated drink that Taemin’s paused to take a sip from, two straws poking through the lid, he decided to claim the remaining one for himself. The elder blushed and giggled as they got uncomfortably close, head-butting Jongin playfully before pulling away. “If you’re thirsty, just say so.”

                “But you’re my best friend, so it’s okay to shared drinks like this.”

                “Best friends? Why aren’t I being counted in on this fun?” A third voice suddenly interrupted, stealing the drink from them, putting his lips around both straws and taking a long drag, emptying half of the drink.

                “Heechul!” Taemin whined, smacking his shoulder.

                “Oh, I want some too!” Ruki came along, finishing the drink off, leaving only a few droplets.

                “You guys are such bullies.” The blonde pouted, twirling around to go find his husband, giving his drink up to the crowd. Spotting the boy staring at his phone with a strange expression, he tapped his shoulder, “Is everything alright?” Escaping his lips.

                “Y-yeah! Sorry!” He quickly smiled, correcting his face, “I just, uh, got a text. That’s all.”

                “Who’s the text from?” There seemed to be hesitation and Taemin guessed it had to do with the thing Minho wanted to handle on his own, so he waved the idea off. “You know what, never mind. Forget I asked.” He smiled, trying to convince the elder, although as time passed by, he was getting more and more anxious.

                “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to worry you, I really don’t.”

                “I know. They stole my drink so I might start passing out once the dehydration kicks in.” He explained, stabbing his thumb in the direction of the group who were all around twenty but acted eight.

                “Should I get you another one?” Minho snorted, but Taemin just shook his head.

                “They’d take that one too. We should just stop by a fast food place. Let them get their share of whatever they want, food, drink, dessert.”

                “Then we might as well just go to dinner. What are you craving?”

                “You should ask them. I’d be able to hold off for a few hours, but I can’t say the same for them.” Taemin smiled as they both turned towards the group, walking in their direction.

                “Hey guys, how about another hour of shopping and we’ll go grab something to eat?” Minho offered, watching all of them nod in sync.

                “Minho, that’s a great idea! You’re so smart!” Heechul praised, stomping over and wrapping his arms around one of the boy’s leading him away with love and care, leaving Taemin to laugh at the sight.

                “Well I have two arms and their both cold.” He stated, waiting less than a few seconds for the remaining two boys to link arms with him, following the other two.

 

 

 

                They walked around the mall, making a few more rounds before deciding that their stomachs couldn’t handle it anymore and making their way outside. Any restaurant would do, so they looked some up and stopped by the nearest one.

                “Sit beside me.” Heechul smiled, his hand landing on Taemin’s lower back.

                “Hands off.” Minho answered for him, smacking the elder’s hands away only to move the blonde to the other side of the table, sandwiching him between Jongin and himself, leaving Ruki and Heechul to sit on the opposite side.

                “You’re so possessive, Minho. Learn to share.” Heechul pouted, looking over the menu.

                “Maybe I’d consider if I didn’t put a ring on it.” The boy snorted.

                “You’re just lucky that I’m a considerate friend. Otherwise, I would totally seduce Taemin and steal his heart and he could be my cute little baby boyfriend and I’d pamper him. He’d love me you know.” Heechul warned, the statement making Taemin smile.

                “Well, did you hear that Kitten? He’s offering to give you the world and everything around it. Do you feel like trading up?”

                “It does sound pretty appealing.” The blonde shrugged. Minho leaned over, lips puckered, receiving the kiss he asked for.

                “You’re not going to get away with making out in public when you’re old and wrinkly.” Heechul commented, getting a nudge in the side by Ruki.

                “Let them do what they want to. Love is love, so don’t pick at it.”

                “I’m just teasing them.”

                “You’re being a .” He corrected, flicking Heechul’s forehead.

               

 

                Minho watched all of them argue around him, making jokes, sharing food, telling stories. Maybe Taemin was right. Maybe they should share their time with everyone instead of being selfish and keeping it to themselves. After all, they spend a lot of time together as it is.

                Sharing was good, but it never beat having Taemin to himself.

                Their footsteps echoed as they walked through the dark and empty halls, mood lighting providing them with their only vision of the tiled path.

                They could hear the Jacuzzi’s bubbles popping, their excitement building up.

                “There are… probably a bunch of cameras in here, aren’t there?” Taemin asked, glancing up at the high ceilings, tall windows on both sides.

                “Probably. Are you worried?” He asked back, hands landing on the blonde’s tiny shoulders, fingers slipping beneath the soft robe.

                “A little… the windows… people can see in from their balconies…”

                “Then we better hurry up and get into the water.”

                His hands wandered further, disrobing him slowly, teasingly, fingertips brushing over his s.

                Between the water and the shallow breathing, it was dead silent.

                The blonde locks that hadn’t been cut in a while comfortably rested on his shoulders when he straightened them, leaving Minho to split the hair down the middle, kissing along the back of Taemin’s neck.

                “I… I can’t stand while you’re just feeling me up like this…” He managed, Minho’s hands wandering lower and lower until they massaged his inner thighs, the robe becoming nothing but a nuisance. So was gravity because his legs were failing.

                “Kitten, let’s get in the water.”

                “O-okay…” He turned around, grabbing onto the belt around Minho’s waist, pulling it apart. The elder did the same for him, leaving both of them completely . Within the blink of an eye, Minho’s hand cupped him mercilessly, causing his to grow and knees to buck. “W-wait! Skinny dipping is about swimming, isn’t it? It’s… not about having in a pool… a public pool… Oh God…”

                “Let’s start with the pool, hm? Some cold water to help cool you down? Then we can maybe get into the hot tub, warm you up a little, get a little closer.”

                “Minho, you’re torturing me here…”

                “Let’s get you on a floatie.”

                He walked away to the supply closet, leaving Taemin to drop to his knees, a pout on his lips. Minho was such a tease. How unfair.

                Coming back with a ring shaped floatie, back rest attached, he threw it in the water. Going back for one more thing, he brought back a bottle.

                “What’s that?”

                “Vanilla scented massage oil.” Minho smirked, sitting down as well, pulling Taemin in between his legs. Waiting in anticipation, listening to the pop of the cap, he shivered when Minho’s fingers traced his scapula, cold oils dripping down his back. It arched and his lips parted to take in a shaky breath.

                The service soon extended to his arms, waist, abs, thighs, crotch, cheeks, entrance. Before he knew it, one set of digits pumped while another set penetrated him at a painfully slow pace.

                , sweating, shaking, and gasping, Minho decided Taemin was on the verge of suffocation.

                “We’re going to move to the floatie now, okay?”

                The blonde shook his head, attempting to peel away the arms that lifted him and carried him towards the water, failing miserably. Minho jumped in, getting comfortable before moving Taemin into his lap, having the boy straddle him.

                Taemin nearly screamed when he was finally penetrated by the thick member, wondering why he couldn’t have it fifteen minutes ago when he started dying. The idea of people watching them from outside made him so weak.

                The elder’s heartbeat sped up tenfold as he watched the blonde struggle, eyes watery and cheeks red, arms shaking as he tried to support himself. If that wasn’t beautiful, nothing was. “You’re beautiful.”

                “You’re the devil… But I love you so much…”

                He smiled, over his lips as he cursed himself for not bringing his camera. Was he just going to let a moment like this slip away?

                “Minho, I can’t do this anymore…” He managed, a quiet sob escaping his lips as he gave up on supporting his body, too frustrated with the excess weight that wasn’t cooperating. Dropping against Minho’s chest, he buried his face in his hands.

                Smiling, he wondered if Taemin would always get cuter with every little thing he did. He wondered if Taemin would somehow reach the limit of cuteness. He wondered if Taemin would ever cease to amaze him and leave him breathless. He wondered if he’d ever stop falling deeper in love. He wondered how he ever got so lucky as to meet someone like Taemin and on top of all of that, make the blonde his.

                Taemin was definitely the only person for him.

                “Let me do all the work, Kitten. You just enjoy it.”

                “Minho, please, this is too much…”

                “Taemin, I’ll take care of you…”

                With a useless body and brain, he gave up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                “Let’s get going.” Minho whispered, wrapping himself in his robe as he watched Taemin, the boy half asleep in the hot tub, under the mercy of the jets.

                “I can’t stand up…”

                “Can you at least get out of the tub? I’ll carry you.”

                Taemin shook his head.

                “You’re a bit of a princess, aren’t you?” Minho chuckled, using every muscle to haul the dead weight out of the water. “Stand for two seconds, okay? I’ll dress you.”

                Nodding, he allowed Minho to dress him and pick him, along with their bags, up, carrying him upstairs like the princess he was.

                “You’re so mean to me, Minho… how am I supposed to function like this?”

                “Function? Kitten, you don’t need to do anything. Just enjoy being with me. Let me love you. That’s all you need to do.”

                Taking the elevator up, they crept into their apartment, wondering if Jongin was asleep.

                “You can put me down here.” Taemin said, gently lowered to the floor my the elder’s trustworthy hands.

                “I’ll make you some tea.”

                “Okay, thanks.” He smiled, heading upstairs, wondering if his legs would hold up. They did. Noticing a dim light coming from Jongin’s room, he decided to take a chance and walk in without knocking. Luckily, he didn’t interrupt anything. “Hey…” He whispered.

                “Hey. Back already?”

                “Yup. What have you been up to?” The blonde smiled, walking over and sitting down on the edge of the bed where Jongin was lounging, watching a movie on mute.

                “Oh, well, you know, private single guy stuff.” He explained, leading Taemin to notice the trash can that was filled with tissues. “How about you? Did you guys have fun at the pool?”

                “Oh, well, you know, we just did some private couple stuff.” He mimicked, running his fingers through the younger boy’s hair. “What are you watching?”

                “I have no clue, I just turned the television on a few minutes ago and all that was on it was this. I was adjusting the volume, but even the lowest volume seemed too loud so I muted it.”

                “Let’s watch some of it together then.” Taemin decided, pushing himself further up on the bed and laying down beside his best friend. “But not for too long, it’s already late.”

                “Okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

                Minho stared at his phone, a yellow light flashing at the corner. He had a few texts. From the notification, he could see he had a few from Heechul, Ruki, Chansung, a few other classmates, and a number he didn’t save to his phone but knew all too well.

                Anxious, heart sinking and stomach in his throat, he unlocked his phone to read what all these people had to say.

                The messages from his friends were harmless. Stupid, but still harmless. The ones from his classmates mostly regarded school, assignment due dates, homework questions, and requests for other’s phone numbers. Now it came to the unknown number which didn’t leave him hopeful.

                Tapping on the header, it opened up a thread. It contained a couple of new messages.

                ‘I’m really excited for our date this weekend.’

                ‘I went dress shopping.’

                ‘What do you think?’

                A photo. Against his judgement, he enlarged it. There she was in all her glory. Yujin modelling an unbelievably tight, unbelievably short, and unbelievably low cut dress. She had her makeup, nails, and hair done, looking as good as possibly under soft lighting. Behind her, on changing room doors, he spotted the logo of a store where plain tee shirts don’t run anywhere under two hundred dollars. She must really be rolling in money. Backing out of the message, he shook his head. There were still a few more messages to go. These were sent half an hour later than the first batch.

                ‘You know, I wasn’t going to bring this up, but I changed my mind. I’m feeling a little crazy tonight. Must be the wine I had earlier!’

                ‘When I went shopping, I also bought something else.’

                ‘I can’t send you a picture, but I’ll link you to the product online.’

                ‘As much as I’d want you to see it on me, I can’t get caught blackmailed or in any scandals, can I? Haha!’

                ‘Although I’m sure a charming gentleman would never do anything like that, now would you?’

                ‘Anyways, here’s the link.’

                Once again, he went against what his gut told him and clicked on the link, his phone opening up a new window. Connecting to the website of a famous lingerie brand, one of their products loaded, jaw dropping price being the first to pop up. Then the photo came. A tiny bra mainly composed of ribbon and wiring. The top was decorated with bows although most of the cup was a sheer material, only keeping its shape thanks to the wire. The were the same, two bows on both sides of the hips, the rest of it completely sheer. From the product’s name, he also learned that the were ‘crotchless’. This was too far now. This was way too far.

                He still had two messages to go, returning back to the thread.

                ‘Anyways, enjoy it on the model for now. I might be able to strut it for you as a special occasion. ;)’

                ‘That’s all! Hope you’re as excited as I am! Good night, Oppa! See you soon!’

                He was going to reply, tell her she needs to stop, but maybe he was better off pretending he never saw the messages. After all, he was already being blackmailed with his parents’ careers, he didn’t want to add some stupid message he sent in the heat of the moment to be added to all the drama. Biting the inside of his cheek, he turned his phone off.

                He wouldn’t let something like this ruin the beautiful evening he just had.

                “Taemin?!” He yelled.

                “Yes?!”

                “Come down, I’ll blow dry your hair, okay?! Your tea is ready too!”

                “Okay! Thank you, honey! I’ll be right down!”

                Rubbing his temples, he hoped he passed out after the amazing and this was just a dream. That he never got any of these messages, that she never sent them. That maybe she cancelled the whole thing, called this stupid charade off.

                But he knew better.

                Life wasn’t like that.

                Life wasn’t that easy.