Chapter 30

False Awakening

***Sorry guys, this is a short and pointless chapter but omg I have SO MUCH GOING ON IN SCHOOL RIGHT NOW. I'm sure you guys know these feels. Winter break s quickly approaching and so are plenty of tests and assignments like I have a presentation tomorrow with 5000$ on the line... omo... please forgive me. Ill get a better chapter up next sunday its just its not do-able this week. Fighting...

 

                Exams hit Minho hard as the boy buried himself in books and papers. Taemin noticed the affects as wrinkles surfaced on the elder’s forehead and a frown stained his lips. Watching his profile as his eyes were stolen by a previous test, Taemin saw the dark skin under Minho’s lids. “Hyung, you should be getting more sleep.” As if awakening from a deep sleep, Minho acknowledged the younger boy. “Taemin-ah, you don’t have to worry about me. What time is it?” He looked over at the wall and sighed. “I’m sorry, you came over and this whole time I’ve been studying.” Taemin smiled, reaching out to caress the elder’s cheek. “It’s okay. I knew you were busy. I just wanted to be near you. Are you hungry? I can make you something.” Taemin received an appreciative nod before Minho leaned in and snuck in a kiss on the younger boy’s lips. “Tea sounds great.” Finishing his sentence, he stole Taemin’s lips once more. The younger boy closed his eyes because he knew this kiss was going to last a little longer. Since preparations for the exams had started, Minho had changed a little too. Each kiss was longer and each touch became much more. If Taemin came over, Minho wouldn’t let him leave until next morning. Grabbing Taemin’s neck, Minho lowered the boy to the ground. Smiling, Taemin pulled away, leaving Minho’s lips to scavenge what they could from his neck. “Hyung, I’m going to go make you tea, I have to get up.” Minho mumbled a ‘no you don’t’ against his neck, restraining the boy’s body with his own. “That can wait.” Silencing the younger boy, he snuck his tongue past his shut lips. Giving in, Taemin wrapped his arms around the boy now hovering above him. Taemin knew by the tenseness of Minho’s muscles that he was stressed, and he guessed this was his way of blowing off steam. If there was any way that he could help, he would, so he did. He lost his breath when he caught Minho’s unexpected fingers trailing up his spine, forming an arch. With their chests pressed together, heaving in a synchronized motion, Minho pulled Taemin’s shirt down over his shoulder. He outlined some invisible design on the younger’s milky skin before leaning down, leaving a red mark. Taemin was covered with marks; red marks turned purple turned brown. They were all Minho’s marks though. This way, the stress took a physical toll on both of them. Taemin didn’t mind the ones on his chest and lower back, but the ones on his neck and jaw were proving themselves harder to cover up. Minho had sat up with the inferred motive of taking Taemin’s shirt off and the younger boy took it as a chance to sit up himself. Minho’s eyes slightly widening, Taemin pressed his plush lips to his. This lured a sweet smile out of Minho and Taemin noted this as the end of their intimate actions. “I’ll go make that tea now.” He said, pulling himself up to his feet. “Thank you.” Walking over to the kitchen, Taemin fixed his shirt. Letting the water boil, he turned back towards Minho who was once again lost in his work, as if their touches and closeness mere moments ago had never happened. Not letting the time spent on boiling go to waste, Taemin decided he would also prepare a snack for his Hyung. Crackers and cheese, maybe some apple slices. “Hyung, I like you…” Taemin whispered under his breath in a bit of a sing song manner. He was surprised when his ears caught a quiet ‘I like you too’ floating through the air. He smiled as he continued chopping apples, adding on, “I like you more.” Another whisper came his way. “I like you most.” He went quiet now as he thought of a way to outdo that but in no way was able to. Keeping to himself, he focused on making small rabbits out of each slice. Once everything was prepared, he brought it over. “Say ‘Ah’~” Taemin teased, crawling closer. He took a slice for himself, holding it between his teeth before offering the plate to Minho. “I want that one.” Minho stated, nodded in Taemin’s direction. “What? No. I’m already eating it, just take another one. They’re all the same.” Pulling Taemin onto his lap, Minho shook his head. “But that one’s yours.” Blushing, Taemin smacked the elder’s shoulder before leaning in, pressing the opposite side of the apple to Minho’s lips. He accepted it gladly, greedily taking a bite that stole well over half the apple. Angry, Taemin quickly in the remaining piece, and without hesitation Minho followed his lead, claiming his lips with so much force that it pushed Taemin back. With a helping gasp, Minho swiped the piece Taemin thought was finally safe with his stealthy tongue. Leaning back, he smirked. Upset by the elder’s satisfaction, Taemin tried launching himself up to leave, but as if anticipated, Minho kept him in place with a tight hug. “Let go of me and go back to studying! I’ll punch you!” Taemin argued, wiggling in the other’s hold. Resistance was clearly futile as Minho seemed to be able to control all of Taemin’s limbs on a whim. Within seconds, the pouting boy was being cradled in the elder’s lap, stuck somewhere between his supporting arms and comfortably crossed legs. With his arms folded against his chest, he sought attention he was not going to receive. With the elder once more preoccupied, Taemin fell asleep to the sound of a heartbeat.

                He was awoken later, unaware of how much time had passed. It had only become apparent that Minho had joined him when he turned to see himself on a bed and the elder’s face dug into a pillow. Outstretching his arm, his fingers tangled in with the locks of Minho’s hair, gently massaging his scalp with his half numb hand. He giggled to himself when he roused something along the lines of a purr out of Minho. Closing his eyes once again, he continued with his gesture. He heard some shuffling, followed by a voice. “Taemin, I’m cold.” Continuing to rub into the scalp, Taemin mumbled back. “Then go get a blanket.” Peeking from one eye, he spotted a pile across the room. “I don’t need a blanket; I just want you to come closer.” Pulling his hand away, he rolled over several times until his chest met Minho’s. The elder’s wandering hand found its way onto Taemin’s jeans, slipping into Taemin’s back pocket. “Let’s just stay like this forever.” Smiling, Taemin nodded. “If that’s an option then sign me up.” Receiving  a kiss on the forehead, Taemin was pulled closer. “I believe I already did when I made you mine.” Annoyed with a sudden distasteful buzzing in the background, Minho looked over. “Taemin, your phone is ringing.” Following the elder’s lead, he looked over. “Oh, is it?” He reached over and, nearly falling off the bed, grabbed it. “Who is it?” Minho asked as Taemin looked at the screen. “It’s Heechul.” Taemin responded. “Heechul? What does he want?” The younger boy shrugged. Fishing the phone from Taemin’s hand, Minho picked it up. “Hello?” He answered. “Tae? Wow your voice has gotten deeper. It’s more manly now, I like it. I’ll start calling more often.” A chuckled came from the other side. “It’s Minho.” He clarified. “What? Minho? Where’s Taemin?” Minho planted a kiss between both of Taemin’s eyes. “Here with me.” There was a silence for a few seconds. “Here as in..?” Heechul urged him to go on. “Here as in in bed with me.” Minho had stuck the phone between the pillow and his ear before returning 99.9% of his attention to Taemin’s sweet place, eyes once again shut and lips in a natural smile. He quickly gave Taemin another peck. “Hey, are you even listening?” Heechul scolded. “No.” He heard a ‘tsk’ and knew to expect another rant. “If you were seeing this right now, you would understand.” A reasoning hum came from the speaker. “I can imagine it. Taemin’s tired face after a night of me and him making bed rocking, hot, savoury love.” Minho subconsciously put his arm around Taemin in a protective manner. “You know he’s underage you sick ert.” A chuckle echoed. “That makes it so much better. It’s not illegal until the cops find out.” Minho’s eyebrow twitched. “Thanks for giving me motivation to kill you while you sleep.” Taemin, completely uninterested in their conversation, lulled himself back to a more or less unconscious state. “Woah, what’s with the sudden hostility?” Heechul teased. “Why are you calling Taemin?” Minho demanded. “Well a bunch of us decided to take a break from studying and go out so we wanted to invite him.” Rolling his eyes, Minho continued to sooth himself with each touch he took from the younger boy. “So I’m not part of that ‘bunch’?” Heechul went on to explain himself. “We were going to call you next.” Minho scoffed. “Right, well both I and Taemin are busy right now and I have to study so we’re not going.” The microphone picked up some voices in the background. “You said you were in bed together. What kind of studying is that?” Don’t drag Taemin down because you have a stick up your and want to stay at home studying.” About to burst, he felt the phone taken from him. “Hee-nim, thank you for inviting me but I don’t really feel like going anywhere as of now. Maybe if we get some time later, we might stop by. Ne. Okay, bye. I love you too. Yeah. Bye.” Hanging up, he put the phone back to the side. “Hey, I forbid you from ever saying that to anyone ever again.” Confused by the extreme request, but finding humor in it, Taemin looked towards Minho. “Say what ever again?” Minho reworded his command. “Don’t ever tell anyone you love them ever again. You’ve never said it to me so it’s only fair that you don’t say it to anyone else, especially someone like Heechul.” Taemin laughed. “But that’s a different type of love, Hyung.” Keeping his seriousness, Minho kept talking. “I don’t care. I just don’t want you to.” The younger boy leaned closer, kissing Minho’s chest. “Do you want me to say it to you?” He asked. “It’s crossed my mind.” Sitting up, his hair looking like a blonde mess, Taemin looked towards the elder. “Do you think it’ll sound nice?” He asked, turning himself slightly to face the laying boy. “What?” Minho asked, propping himself up on his elbows. “When I say it.” Pulling himself up, Minho joined Taemin. “How am I supposed to know?” Shrugging, Taemin nuzzled Minho’s nose with his own. “We could try it out.” Looking away from embarrassment, Minho avoided Taemin’s eyes. “We don’t have to.” Resting his top lip between both of Minho’s, he held the elder’s bottom lip between his teeth, slightly. This drew Minho’s eyes back. Between breaths, Taemin would let the words slip out one by one. “I… love… you… Minho.” It was then that Taemin felt a pounding on his chest except that it wasn’t coming from him but maybe from Minho. “Taemin, stop it…” Taemin ignored him. “It sounds sweet doesn’t it? I love you, Minho. I love you.” Pulling away, he cupped the elder’s cheeks. “Minho, look at me.” He shook his head. “No, I don’t want to.” His posture turned into a slouch as he heard the words, somewhat disappointed. “Do you now like it when I say it?” He felt Minho lace his arms around his waist. “No, that’s not it at all. Actually, it’s the opposite. I think I like it too much.” Giggling, Taemin locked his arms around Minho’s neck. “Minho, actually I-” before he could finish, he was tossed down onto the bed and lathered in kisses, each better than the last. As Minho was halfway through working the shirt off of the younger boy, the doorbell rang. “Coming!” Taemin yelled instinctively before hopping off the bed and jogging towards the sound. “Tae, wait!” Minho yelled, but was too late as Taemin had already opened the door. Peeking outside, Taemin was surprised to see Heechul. “Hee-nim, what are you doing?” Minho cursed himself as he saw Heechul’s judgmental eyes, a look of disgust exchanged between them when the two older boy’s eyes met. “Taemin, what has he done to you?” Heechul finally mustered, looking at the younger’s stained neck and shoulders, his messy hair and stretched shirt. “Has he done anything you didn’t like?” He pulled Taemin into a tight hug, holding the boy to no end. “N-no, he didn’t do anything.” Taemin said, noticing a car parked in front of the house with a bunch of familiar faces inside. He used his limited mobility to wave and they all waved back. “We can’t go anywhere if he looks like he just came out of a four way with old men who haven’t touched themselves, or anyone else for that manner, in hundreds of years!” Walking over at a quickened pace, Minho tore Taemin from the other’s arms, shielding him in a way that shielded his dirty deeds more. “I’m allowed to do whatever I want! He hasn’t said anything about it so leave it alone!” Putting his hands on his hips, Heechul huffed. “Of course he hasn’t said anything! He’s probably terrified! Look how considerate he is, your skin is spotless!” Unable to deny the fact, Minho looked away. “Taemin, don’t let him do this to you. You’ve got to stand up for yourself. Look at this; you look like you sleep around.” Pouting, he tried to defend his boyfriend. “I can cover it up with makeup…” Ruffling Taemin’s hair, he softened his voice. “You shouldn’t have to. Seriously Minho, he’s sixteen. He wears a uniform to school. I don’t care how stressed out you are, this is unreasonable.” Minho nodded. “Now get ready, we’re leaving.” He pushed the boys back into the house but was met with some resistance. “Wait, what do you mean? We told you that we’re not going anywhere!” Shutting the door behind him, Heechul made himself at home. “You know what, our movie starts in half an hour and time’s only ticking away so you better hurry up.” Taemin obeyed, escaping Minho’s grasp and rushing to his bag. Once the two were alone, Heechul began laughing. “Well then, aren’t I a block?” With his teeth grinding, Minho turned around to go get himself fixed up seeing as Taemin had already agreed and it was him against the world. “I bet you were planning on doing the hanky panky, huh? Studying? Yeah right.” Groaning, wishing the other would just disappear, Minho dressed himself. Taemin had managed to smooth out his complexion and brush out the knots in his hair. “Are you ready, Tae?” Taemin nodded and Heechul patted his shoulder. “Then you go ahead into the car. We’ll be there in a second.” Going ahead, Taemin opened the door and went towards the car. The door popped open and a bunch of people shouted, “Get in!” His foot already halfway up, he looked over the backseat. “Wait, there’s no room.” He said, pulling his foot back away before being tugged in. “No kidding. You think there’s supposed to be four of us back here in the first place?” He fell onto their laps and they closed the door. “We’re gunna get in trouble guys.” They laughed and all messed up Taemin’s hair one after another. “You’re cute. We won’t get in trouble, we never do.” Chansung said. “And if we do, just flip the cop off and speed away!” They all laughed except for Taemin. Taemin was pretty freaked out. “Aw man.” One of them groaned. “I haven’t gotten laid in like a week.” Someone slouched and Taemin had to readjust himself. “What happened to Suzy?” Chansung asked. “She hooked up with some Chinese kid or something. I think he was her tutor but they just screwed each other the whole time.” Everyone besides Taemin burst out into laughs. “The Chinese kids got a bigger then you!” They each received a hit. “Dude, screw her anyways. She was a . Plus, she was so stretched like it wasn’t even fun anymore. It was like ing a fricken tunnel or something.” Heechul and Minho finally came in, taking the two front seats. “Hey, Heechul, Nichkhun is being a because he doesn’t have one!” Heechul’s smirk was evident in the mirror. “Figures. I’m surprised she even stuck along for that long. If I was a girl and had with Nichkhun even once, I’d already know he can’t satisfy.” Their conversation went on until they hit the skyscrapers and soon parked in front of the theater. “What movie are we going to see?” Taemin finally asked. “Some comedy.” One answered. “21 and Over.” Another one added. “What’s it about?” Taemin asked, curious. “It’s about a bunch of college guys who get drunk and up a lot.” Minho chuckled to himself, turning around to face everyone. “So basically about you guys, just caught on camera?” Receiving a scrunched up tissue in the face as an answer, they exited the vehicle. “What did I tell you about not getting caught?” Chansung teased as he threw his arm around Taemin. “How much does the ticket cost?” The smaller boy asked. “It doesn’t matter; it’s coming out of my pocket.” He was surprised by the courtesy. “You’re paying for everyone’s ticket?” Chansung laughed, squeezing Taemin’s shoulder. “No, but I’ll pay for you.” Taemin automatically shook his head. “No, you can’t! No, no, no, that’s not fair!” Ignoring him, Chansung went to choose their seats. Taemin slowed his walk until his shoulder met Minho’s. “Hyung…” He whispered. “What is it Minnie?” Taemin clung to the elder’s side as the continued walking. “Where are you going to sit?” He whispered. Minho shrugged, nevertheless asking why. “What do you mean why? I want to sit beside you.” Minho smiled and without another word, went up to Chansung who stood by the machine, paying. He whispered something to the other boy and he nodded. He handed him some bills as well. “Well,” Minho began, approaching once more. “I’m sitting beside you.” Taemin smiled. “On one condition.” He finished. “What’s the condition?” Minho pretended to accidently brush his knuckles against Taemin’s. “You have to hold my hand through the movie.” Taemin laughed. “Deal.”