Wait For Me!

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

 

 

 

AUGUST 6TH 2012 - 3 days before school starts

 

“Excuse me! Sorry, excuse me. Just one sec, sorry about that!”

Sue Ji hurriedly weaved her way through oncoming people, narrowly managing to avoid colliding into an old lady carrying shopping bags and a guy that looked about 20 something who was holding his girlfriends hand “Hey!” his girlfriend exclaimed. She kept moving but turned, jogging backwards “Really sorry!” she said, smiling and waving apologetically at them.

Turning back around she stopped and strained her neck trying to see over peoples heads, hopping up and down on one foot her heart jolted at the sight of her train and its doors that were already open letting people get on.

Not this time Mr train!

She already missed it this morning so she definitely wasn’t going to miss this one. With a look of determination she adjusted her beanie and started to run. She kept her eyes on the flow of people going into the train and when she could see the numbers dwindling, picked up the pace, forcing her arms to pump faster.

The line went fast and soon she could see the last person in line had gone which meant they were going to shut the doors.

Rounding the corner she called out “Wait! WAIT!” the train door coming closer but also starting to close before her eyes.

Reaching out both her arms towards the door she lurched forward only to have to skid to a halt as the doors shut tight right in front of her.

Breathing heavily from exertion she stared at the door for a moment in shock.

Again? Not again…

Sue Ji, unable to hide her reaction closed her eyes and whined, stamping her feet in frustration, she slapped her fingers against the train door and started to hit her head repeatedly with the heel of her palm. Crouching down to the floor she buried her face into her knees, wrapping her arms around her legs.

“Excuse me Noona” A small voice said beside her interrupted. Sue Ji stopped wailing and turned her head on her knees in the direction of the voice, parting the hair on her face she saw a concerned looking Ajumma holding the hand of her young son, who was pulling at Sue Jis coat sleeve.

“Yes?” She said to the little boy, propping her head up to look at him better.

The boy kept a hold of his Mothers with one hand but stopped pulling Sue Jis coat with the other to point to their right at the train “Over there” he said.

Following the direction of where he was pointing, her eyes widened. There was a whole other line of people filtering through a door of the train that was still open.

“Oh” she said excitedly pointing at the train door “OH!” smiling widely she swivelled herself around and pulled the child forward, hugging him tight “Ah Gi Thankyou!” Leaning back on her heels she pinched his cheek “So cute” Standing up she also hugged the boys taken aback mother “Ajumoni Thank You!”

Still waving and smiling at the child and his mother, she hurriedly joined the line to board.