Framed

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

“Ji Nah i’m going to class”

In the middle of applying her eyeliner, Ji Nah looked from the bathroom mirror to Minyoung who was waiting at the door for her to say something. Dropping her hand she plastered on a smile and said goodbye.  

Once she’d gone, she grimaced “What I wouldn’t give for my own room”

Putting the finishing touches on her eyes, she walked back into the room to her bed and scooped up her phone. Dialling a number she waited for it to ring but to Ji Nahs aggravation it went straight to voicemail.  

This is the phone of Secretary Burgess. Secretary of Im industries and global associates. Leave the details of your business venture after the beep. BEEP

Changing the language she was speaking to English she put all the annoyance she was feeling into her voice “Secretary Burgess. Is something wrong with your phone? With the salary my mother and father pay you there shouldn’t be. This is the 3rd time i’ve called in a week and i’m getting impatient. Tell. My. Parents. To. Call. Me!” hanging up, she slammed her phone into her blazer pocket.


 


 

"Im Ji Nah you’re late. There’s a test, take a seat”

Yu Jin glanced up to see Ji Nah saunter in with her usual haughty expression. She turned to Professor Song and smiled in a way that Yu Jin could tell was fake because it didn’t reach her eyes.

In the whole class there were only 2 desks available, one beside her and the other beside Minyoung on the opposite side of the class. Yu Jin looked across and saw Minyoung smiling and waving Ji Nah over but to Yu Jins shock Ji Nah ignored her and took the seat beside Yu Jin instead.

What’s she doing? She never sits near me.

Folding her hair behind her hair nervously, Yu Jin pointedly concentrated on the quiz paper in front of her.

 



Ji Nah took a seat beside Yu Jin, pleased at the unsure look on her face.

Glancing at Minyoung, she saw her still staring over at her with a look of insult that she would choose to sit with Yu Jin over her. Rolling her eyes she took out her cell phone and sent her a text from under the desk.

Watch.

Once the message was sent she answered a few questions on her quiz paper and then started writing another text on her phone.

I’m sorry.

Leaving the message on the screen, she glanced at the teacher to make sure he wasn’t watching and then slid it to the side of her desk. Nudging Yu Jin in her arm gently to get her attention, she nodded at the phone for her to look at it.

Yu Jin regarded her cautiously before leaning slightly and reading the message. Ji Nah could tell once she’d finished reading it because her eyes widened. Picking her phone back up she deleted her text and created another one. Again she slid it back over to the side of the desk for her to read.

For yesterday. Is she okay?

Reading the message Yu Jin still looked surprised but then slowly nodded.

Picking the phone up yet again, she wrote another text but instead placed the phone just in front of her. Smiling at her she nodded down at it and waited. This time without hesitating Yu Jin leaned across so she could read it, their shoulders brushing together because the phone was further away.

Next time keep your nose out of it xo


Yu Jin frowned and looked up at Ji Nah questioningly but before she could do anything else, she snatched her phone off the table and shot her hand into the air  “Professor Song she’s copying my test!” she cried shrilly.

Getting the attention of the teacher and all the students in the class, they all looked over to see Yu Jin leaning over her desk. Yu Jin looked up at Ji Nah in horror. Realizing she’d been played, she quickly straightened.

The teacher rose and walked over. Looking down at Yu Jin sternly he took her test paper off her “Yu Jin it’s not like you to act so irresponsibly” he said, glancing between them “Did you have anything to tell me?”

“I didn’t...” she began to say before Ji Nah shot her a silencing look, that only she could see.

Yu Jin studied her warily and after a while she sighed and bowed “I’m Sorry Professor”

Nodding with a look of disappointment, he marked Yu Jins paper, put it on her desk and then went back to his seat.

Upset but helpless Yu Jin placed her elbows on the table and put her chin on her palms, leaning on them, she stared down at the big F now scrawled across her test.