Chapter 7

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

“I missed you last night,” said Jessica in fourth period, the next day.

 

“I was busy,” I said.

 

“Words, so you’re speaking to me now?”

 

“I figured it’s the least I could do,” I said.

 

We were quite for a while. Then he said something that caught my attention.

 

“I spoke to Taeyeon last night,” he said and I looked into his eyes as he continued, “I told her that I’m done. That we have no future and she accepted that.”

 

I started to process what he was telling me.

 

“What time did you talk to her?” I asked, still thinking.

 

“I tell you that I talked to Taeyeon and that she agreed that we both need to move on and all you can ask is what time it was?”

 

“What time?” I asked impatient as he looked at me and could notice my impatience and desperation.

 

“I’d say about 7:30, why?”

 

I just looked at him and drew a sigh of relief. What Taeyeon had told me must have been a lie. I knew it because when I talked to her I knew she was upset about something and what she told me must have been some sick joke of revenge and a sort of threat to stay away from Jessica. She must have seen the kiss yesterday morning as well.

 

“Tiffany? What’s wrong?” he asked.

 

“I’m sorry, Jessica. I just don’t believe that Taeyeon is over you,” I said.

 

The bell rang ending the period.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

“Yul, what’s wrong?” I asked once I walked into the apartment looking at Yuri who was looking through the mail.

 

“Our bills apparently we’re a week late on the rent,” she said handing me the bill.

 

“We need jobs,” I said looking it over.

 

“Yeah, most definitely”

 

The next morning Yuri and I went job hunting. We applied to almost every store and food place that had a help wanted sign. There were not too many but we made an effort. It was no way to spend a Saturday.

 

When Yuri and I got back to the apartment we found Jessica sitting on the front steps.

 

“I should go inside,” said Yuri trying to hide under a magazine from the drizzle that was beginning to fall.

 

“Jessica what are you doing here?” I asked as I watched Yuri enter the apartment. I knew she would be right by the window listening anyway.

 

“I’m here for you. Listen, I know that I know nothing about your past, but I don’t need to and I don’t want to. I like you, not Taeyeon.”

 

“But you did and she still wants you,” I said.

 

“We can do this in one of two ways Tiffany. Either you can forget about everything that’s even made you question love and just follow your heart or you can just go hide from love all together. I’ve done everything I could to let you know that I want to be with you because my heart is telling me that I need you in my life and even if I catch some type of illness sometime during the week I won’t care because I know that the pain won’t hurt as much as the pain I’ll feel in my heart,” explained Jessica as I looked into his loving blue eyes. He continued, “I need to know what you heart is telling you before I can give up on us.”

 

I looked at him, this time I thought real hard if whether I could trust him, like I had been able to many times before. I had always trusted the wrong guys, and I was too scared to be able to open up my heart again and have that trust that would just destroyed in the end.

 

“I’m sorry, Jessica, but it’s telling me that… I don’t want you,” I said hesitating as tears rolled down my face, but barely visible from the drizzle that turned to pouring rain.

 

I ran inside the apartment, leaving him there stunned as if I had ripped his heart out into pieces and he had no other way of living.

 

“I’m sorry,” said Yuri comforting me after hearing or seeing the whole conversation herself.