Chapter 36

The Truth Behind The Lies

I walked toward her room and knocked before I entered. When she saw it was me, she quickly looked away.

 

“What? Gonna give me the third degree on how to almost kill you ex?” she said, still looking away.

 

“Although I should, I’m not going to,” I said.

 

“Did Jessica send you un here, or Wooyoung?”

 

“I did,” I lied, and then continued, “Listen, ummm… I’m sorry about what happened. I mean, with everything that happened.”

 

“No, you don’t have to be. I should be the one apologizing. I’ve been a b**ch ever since you came her. I wasn’t always like this you know. It was just hard seeing Jessie with someone else. I guess it made me do things that I normally wouldn’t do.”

 

“I get what you mean,” I said.

 

“Once my sister died, Jessie was the only other person left that I loved, despite everything that happened between all of us.”

 

“Sister?”

 

“Yeah, her name was Hyoyeon. She is a real sweet person.”

 

“I’m sorry about her passing away.”

 

“Don’t be. It’s not like it was your fault… and I’m sorry too,” she said and I looked at her confused as she explained, “about your brother? The one that was said to have committed suicide, but you think was murder? I shouldn’t have done what I did. It was wrong of me.”

 

“About that, how did you know all of what you said to me?”

 

“She is a friend from who went to your old school.”

 

“Mind telling me what friend?”

 

“I guess I owe you that much. Ummm… her name is Anna. Anna Lee.”

 

“Thanks,” I said and I was about to leave when Taeyeon asked me.

 

“Do you know if Wooyoung came to see me?”

 

I stopped then looked at her, then shook her head no. she slowly closed her eyes then slowly opened them, releasing a tear from her left eye.

 

“That’s the thing about Wooyoung. He doesn’t like to see people he claims to care about when they need him the most. So don’t feel too bad, it wouldn’t be the first time.”

 

She nodded, and then told me something that surprised me.

 

“Tiffany, just remember that despite everything that’s happened with all four of us, he still loves you. He may not trust you right now but in time he will. He’s a great guy, so don’t break his heart again, no matter how tempting infatuation can be.”

 

I looked at her and thought about what she had just told me. Then she continued, “oh and can you tell Jessie that I don’t blame him in any way for this. It was my fault not his.”

 

I nodded then walked out the door.

 

“How is she?” Jessica asked once I came over to him.

 

“She’s fine. You should go in there.”

 

“Is she mad at me?”

 

“No, Jessie, she’s not. She told me to tell you that she doesn’t blame you. She blames herself for it, so don’t keep worrying about that, ok?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Ok, thank you, Fany. I know I’ve said that you a lot lately, but I mean it every time.”

 

“And every time you say it, I know you mean it. Now get in there,” I said smiling as he smiled back at me, then disappeared into Taeyeon’s room.