leaving me behind

Don't let go of my hand ! [ EDITING ]

 

When I opened the door I was a bit confused about the two policemen standing in front of me “ annyeonhaseyo, are you Miss Lee Eun Ju?” one of the policemen asked me.

 “Deh, annyeonhaseyo,” I bowed my head “how can I help you?” 

“Can we get in for a while? we need to talk to you.” “deh, of course” I motioned with my hand to go in the living room. Junho was a bit surprised to see two policemen walking in. He was even a bit anxious; nevertheless he bowed to them.

“Lee Eun Ju-shi, you should sit down.” One of them pointed at the couch. I went and sat next to Junho, he grabbed my hand and pinched it softly. I don’t know why but I felt my heart getting heavier by the second I could feel that something bad happened. “Your father got in a car accident yesterday in Busan.”

The policeman paused for a moment and looked at me “I’m really sorry, but he didn’t survive.”

I felt Junho’s grip getting tighter around my hand, other than that I felt nothing. “What are you talking about, my father didn’t die.” I rushed to take my phone out of my purse and started dialing his number. I tried a number of times but I couldn’t get through it just went to voicemail. I sank down on my knees as I tried for the x-time to dial his number but this time my vision was getting blurry as my eyes started welling up with tears.

Junho came next to me and put his arms around me “I’m here for you don’t worry.” “Junho-ah, tell me it’s not true, my father didn’t die. He wouldn’t leave me alone, he promised to come back.” The tears started pouring down my cheeks Junho carried me to the couch and put me down. He went to talk to the policemen but I wasn’t listening anymore I buried my face in my hands and didn’t stop sobbing.

I suddenly felt Junho’s arms around me, he was sitting behind me and pulled me to his chest “ I’m so sorry princess.” He rested his chin on my head and was caressing my shoulder. I was glad Junho was beside me; I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up in my bed and was drawn by the noice in the kitchen “Appa?”

I run downstairs and yelled “Appa…” but when I got into the kitchen I saw that it was Junho “sorry, princess did I wake you up?” “ani, what are you doing?”

“I didn’t want to leave you alone, so I cooked something for you. I don’t know if it will taste great.” I sat at the table without saying a word. He put some soup in a bowl and gave it to me. He pulled out a chair next to me. “I arranged everything for the funeral of your father, I wanted to help you.” he was almost whispering

“Comawo, oppa” my heart was aching like crazy but still I was relieved that Junho was helping me out. “Do you have any family that you want me to call?”

“No, I don’t. My grandparents died a long time ago and my father was there only son.”

“What about your mother don’t you want me to call her?”

“No, I don’t want see her. She isn’t part of my family.” I really didn’t want to hear about her so I might have sounded a bit cold.

“Ooh, I prepared the clothes that you should wear. The policemen gave me the name of the hospital where your father is brought. We will hold his wake their if that is okay with you?”

“Ooh oppa, that sounds fine.” I was just stirring into my soup without eating of it.

“Give me that,” he took the spoon from my hand “you should at least eat a bit.” He tried to feed me a bit of the soup, after a few spoons I stood up “mianhe oppa, it’s not that it’s not good, I just don’t feel like eating.” “arasso, just get dressed I will take you to the hospital.” I wore the black hanbok that Junho had prepared and got back down. Junho had changed his clothes too and was wearing a black suit. “I called my driver to take us.” When I got out of the house there was a black Mercedes waiting for us. We both got in the car; Junho was holding my hand during the whole ride.

We both walked in the hospital and went to the room prepared for my father’s wake. When I looked around I became grateful that Junho was with me, there where people from my fathers work, old friends and a lot of strangers I didn’t know. I couldn’t help but feel suffocated by all those people. I walked in the room and bowed twice before my father pictures before starting to cry again. Junho came to sit next to me and grabbed me by my shoulders. He put a tissue in my hands; he didn’t ask me to stop cry he just hugged me letting me pour my tears.

It didn’t take long before Junsu, Chansung, Chae-rin and even Woo Bin came over to help with serving the people. Junho hurried to talk to his friends and left for a second. Woo Bin came next to me “baby doll, are you okay?” I looked up

“I’m so sorry about abeonim, if you need me I’m here for you,” I didn’t answer; I just hugged him. Woo Bin was the only one who knew everything about me. I was glad he was here supporting me. Junho was perfect, but Woo Bin and I have a lot of history together. I didn’t let go of him until I felt a hand on my shoulder. it was Junho who came back from talking to his friends.

I let go of Woo Bin “Babydoll if you need something, call me” I think he understood that Junho was uncomfortable with him so close to me. Woo Bin smiled at me and ruffled my hair “I will go and help.” I was so tired; I felt exhausted so leaned onto Junho for support.

 

“Pooh-bear, don’t worry I’m here now!” a woman called, I heard her footsteps coming closer to me. “Oppa, make her leave.” I said coldly, Junho was confused; I didn’t even have to look up to know who it was.