new neighbor

Don't let go of my hand ! [ EDITING ]

 

Author POV

Junho was still standing in front of her door, with the ring in his hand. A tear escaped his eye and fell down. He looked a last time at he door before leaving. “I will get you back no matter what. I will make you forgive me.”

Junho headed to his usual club, he was feeling down. He had finally decided to let her know the truth, but not in this way. “Stupid bodyguards, don’t know why they let her in before calling Me.” he muttered underneath his nose before gulping in his glass of vodka. Wooyoung joined his friend and took the half emptied bottle out of his hand. “It won’t help if you get drunk. We will find a way to make her forgive you don’t worry.”

“Yah, she just saw me pulling a gun against someone’s head, she won’t forgive me for that. Eun-Ju isn’t an angel but she isn’t a gangster like us.”

He sighed at the thought of Eun-Ju not understanding his line of work, it’s not like he chose to be born in a family that deals with organized crimes. If you are involved you can’t get out of it, now that Eun-Ju knows the truth he can’t just let her go. She is still in danger after all. He sighed again; this was going to be difficult.

“I know what you are thinking, don’t worry we already arranged for 2 of EXO’s boys to live in the same apartment building as her. She doesn’t know them so it will be easy for them to keep an eye on her, now that we can’t go over. It’s the same guys who are studying at S university, Wu Fan promised to help you remember?”

Wooyoung could be really childish but when it was time to handle important matters he always was the first to take quick decisions. “Thanks, now pour me a drink. Just for tonight I want to numb myself and forget about this” Wooyoung looked at his pitiful friend and poured him a glass.

 

I had to forget about everything, I didn’t sleep well last night. The image of Junho holding a gun haunted her the whole night. She looked at herself in the mirror, the bags under her eyes proved her miserable night. It wasn’t the time to pity myself.

Vacation just started and I need to find a job to support myself. I got in the shower and let the hot water flow over my body, I felt a lot better after my shower. I just got out of my shower when I heard the bell ringing. Mu first thought went to Junho; a smile appeared on my face before I snapped back to reality. “Even if it’s Junho, I have to be strong and send him away.” I tried to convince myself as I walked towards the intercom. But it wasn’t Junho that showed on the display; actually it was nobody I knew.

I opened the door, “annyeonhasey, how can I help you?” the man in front of my door turns his head away and cleared his throat “eeuhm, I’m your new neighbor so I wanted to introduce myself, I’m Zhang Yi Xing, nice to meet you.”

I didn’t get why he wasn’t looking at me while talking until I reached out my arm, I realized I was still in my towel. “oops, eeuh nice to meet you too, can you wait for a second, I’m just going to put some clothes on”

I laughed a bit nervously, he nodded his head. I rushed in my apartment and put on shorts and a top. I hurried back to the door with a towel in my hand to dry my hair. “I’m so sorry, do you want to get in.” He flashed a smile “thanks, I’m sorry to drop by like this early in the morning.”

“I didn’t know that I had a new neighbor, when did you move in?”

“Ooh, just today. I moved in with a friend, we are both studying at S university so we thought to get an apartment together.”

“jinja, I’m starting to study there after summer vacation. Maybe we will see each other at the campus.” I felt comfortable with him, “ooh where are my manners, I’m Lee Eun Ju. You said your name is Zhan Yi Xing, that doesn’t sound Korean;”

“Oh, I’m Chinese, I decided that it would be nice to study here with my friend. You will get to meet him soon. I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

I looked at my watch and realized that if I wanted a job I had to go now and start searching for it. “Oh, actually I have to go I need to find myself a job. I’m sorry Yi Xing-shi but I have to go right now.” We both stood up at the same time “just, wait I will take my purse and we can go out together.” He nodded and I rushed in my room to take my stuff. “We can go now.” He accompanied me to the elevator “nice to meet you Eun-Ju-shi”

“ooh, I think you can drop the formality.” I waved as the door closed. “Seems like someone nice” I mumbled to myself. I took out my phone and saw a text from Yong Guk oppa; I decided to ignore him.

 

“Dui Zhang, everything is going on smoothly. I just met her; she doesn’t suspect a thing. She is going to search for a job, should I follow her?” Yi Xing was talking to Wu Fan on the phone. “No need for that just let her be, keep me posted when something happens.”

Wu Fan called Junho immediately to let him know what was happening. Junho felt relieved after hearing some news about her. He didn't try calling her, she wasn't going to answer anyway. He was going to keep an eye on her by the means of the two EXO members that was the only way for now.