Promise

All Along

 

You stepped out the shower with your toes touching the cold, tiled bathroom floor. You hurried out and dressed cutely but comfortably for your date. Today was yours and Ilhoon's 100 days of being together. You unsilenced your cell phone and a message was waiting to be opened. 
 
"Happy 100 days jagiya! I'm so so happy that you're my girlfriend and that I could call you mine. I can't wait to see you later~" 
 
His sweet words put a huge smile on your face as you read it. Your heart fluttered differently than it ever did whenever you were with Ilhoon these past 100 days. Am I falling in love with him? You blushed at the thought then shooed it away.
The time the text was sent read 12a.m. "He sent it at exactly 12 a.m.?" You giggled. He would do that. 
 
After you got dressed and applied bb cream, you walked out of your room, into the garage to grab shoes, then back into the house to put them on. You double checked if your had everything ready before relaxing. 
"Purse, cell phone, camera, keys, and.." You looked around to see if you were missing anything. "Everything check!" You exclaimed to yourself. Your family was sitting in the living either watching tv or playing computer games. You took a seat next to your mom who was watching tv. 
"Are you all ready?" She asked. 
"Yup, and Ilhoon should be here soon." You said as you checked your phone. 
"My friend will be by in about 10 minutes, so he better get here soon." As she said that, the doorbell rang. You gave your mom a smug look then answered the door. 
 
"Annyeong," Ilhoon greeted you and swiftly kissed your cheek. You smiled at his actions and let him in. Ilhoon greeted everyone in the room then sat at the edge of the couch. You sat next to him on the arm rest and played with each others' fingers. 
 
Not long after, your ride had arrived to take you to Lotte World. You said your goodbyes to your family and left the house with Ilhoon by your side. 
"Wait," he stopped you midway to the car. "Ah, let's hurry Ilhoon-ah," you urged him, tugging on his arm. He pulled you to him gently so you were standing in front of him. You blinked once wondering what he was doing; Ilhoon took off his backpack and ped the front pocket. He pulled out a necklace that glistened in the sunlight with a ribbon pendant at the end. Your eyes sparkled when you laid your eyes on it. Ilhoon turned you around slowly, moved your hair aside, and put the necklace around your neck. 
"Happy 100 Days. Saranghaeyo.." He whispered in your ear. You bit your lip and looked up at the sky, completely forgetting everything and anything around you, as you savored the moment. Ilhoon then took your hand not wanting to delay any longer and helped you into the car. You sat next to him in the back seat and admired your necklace. 
 
"Do you like it?" Ilhoon asked. You nodded feeling a little choked up. 
"Yeah.." You let out. "But I didn't get you a gift." You sighed sadly. Ilhoon took his hand in yours and rubbed it comfortingly. 
"Kyura, you are my gift. Thank you for being mine." He said cooly. You shook your head,  not falling for his romantic act and pinched his cheeks. Ilhoon laughed at the fact that he cheered you up and kissed your hand. During the rest of the car ride, the two of you made small talk as you played games together on his tablet.
 
 
The three of you arrived at the amusement park in about an hour and a half. You and Ilhoon took a short nap during the car ride. 
"Kids, wake up. We're here." The young woman said. You woke up first blinking around drowsily. Ilhoon's arm was around your shoulder and his head laid heavily on your other. 
"Yah, wake up. You're heavy." You poked your boyfriend's head, causing it to move up and down. He woke up, rubbed his sleepy eyes, and grabbed his bag, hurrying out of the car and completely forgetting about you. "Tch. Pabo-yah." You grumbled as you stepped out of the car. 
 
 
"Thank you unnie." You thanked the woman politely for taking you in. She nodded and smiled as she left the two of you to enjoy your day. "We have about....9 hours to do whatever we want." You told Ilhoon showing your fingers to him. He nodded and motioned to the direction of the first ride, a roller coaster. 
 
About two hours went by after riding several rides and taking memorable snapshots around the park. You pulled Ilhoon toward a snack cart and rested. 
"Are you having fun?" Ilhoon asked you, wiping powered sugar off the corner of your mouth that came from your sweet treat. You giggled and nodded. 
"Are you?" You asked. 
"Yeah. Especially because it was free." He chuckled. 
"Tch. Don't say it out loud!" You pushed him playfully. He stuck his tongue out at you and finished his food. You soon finished after him and threw away your trash. 
 
 
 
It was nearing the end of your day and Ilhoon wanted to ride one last ride before eating dinner then leaving the park. It was one of those hopper rides with a mechanical tower as high as what looked like the Empire State building that went all the way up and dropped you at different heights. You gulped at the intimidating stature of the ride, feeling fairly nervous and queasy just at the sight. Ilhoon checked behind himself and saw you slowing down behind him.
"Pali, Kyura." He called you. "Uh yeah." You weren't about to chicken out on some ride and lose your pride, so you followed him. 
 
The longer the two of you stood in line, the more knotted your stomach felt. 
"Um, Ilhoon-ah, I don't feel well. I don't think I can ride." You told him. Ilhoon turned around looking concerned. "Are you sure?" You nodded hesitantly as you lied to him. Suddenly a smirk played on his lips, startling you a bit.
"You're scared huh?" He rose an eyebrow. You scoffed insecurely. 
"Tch no!" He chuckled menacingly.
"Ha, I thought so. Because Nam Kyura is so tough right?" Ilhoon mused as he moved you ahead of him in the line. 
"Yeah. Nam Kyura is tough, and isn't scared of some ride." You said proudly ahead him. 
"Good," Ilhoon smirked behind you, "because we're next." Your eyes widened not realizing you were already at the front if the line. .
 
The ride instructor placed you in the middle seat with Ilhoon on your left. The ride began to escalate higher and higher, your feet getting further away from the ground. 
"Ilhoon-ah," you said to him. 
"Hm?" Excitement jingled in his voice as he stared beneath him. 
"I hate you." He started laughing at your statement. 
"No you don't. You love me."
"Not anymore." Ilhoon turned his head to you brightly. 
"You did love me?" He asked. You paused for a moment realizing what you just said. "Haha! So you did love me!" He began laughing insanely, his feet kicked at the air in excitedly. You flushed red at your enlightenment, both embarrassingly and happily. Suddenly the ride dropped from the highest point of the ride and fell for a good three seconds, about one fourth from the top. You screamed your lungs out as it continued to drop, you felt like your heart was about fall out every time the ride dropped instantaneously. 
 
"Jung Ilhoon!!" You yelled in between your screams, "I HAAATE YOUU!!" Ilhoon was laughing hysterically by your side not responding. 
The ride finally came to an end as it slowly reached the ground. You stepped off slowly, your legs feeling wobbly like gelatin with every step. Ilhoon jumped next to you looking hyper. 
"That was daebak." He said. You walked over to a seat under a shady tree and gave your mind some time to settle. "Haha are you okay?" Ilhoon asked you. 
"Yeah. I'm fine." You said strongly. Ilhoon smiled at you cutely and helped you up. 
"Let's eat then catch the firework show." He suggested and took your hand. 
 
 
After dinner, the sky had already turned a dark shade of blue, bringing in the thin gray clouds. The two of you walked out of the restaurant and  closer to Magic Island and the water. Music started playing as the lights dimmed on the castle, colorful and flashing colors radiated from the building. Then fireworks of different shapes and colors, each accompanied with a different sound shot up into the sky from behind the castle. You pointed up to the sky as a new symphony of fireworks lit up the night. Ilhoon's arms were wrapped around your shoulders, holding you in a back hug. 
 
Your excitement and awe calmed down as the show slowed down, nearing the finally. You turned your head slightly to Ilhoon and caught a glimpse of his face. His eyes sparkled as they reflected the light the fireworks gave off. 
"Ilhoon," you tried to get his attention. He looked down at the sound of your voice and into your eyes. 
"Hm?" 
"If you ever get tired of me, don't tell me okay? Just..break up me." You told him. He looked at you confused and turned you to face him. 
"Kyura, I won't ever get tired of you. And if we break up, it's probably because I was being stupid." Ilhoon told you. You looked at him blankly, not sure how to respond to his declaration. 
 
"Promise?" You asked him. Ilhoon brought your face closer to his with his hand, your hair with his thumb, and sealed the gap between the two of you with a sweet and comforting kiss. You closed your eyes and let him guide you. His other arm wound around your waist and brought your body closer to him as the two of you fell deeper into the kiss. 
 
He pulled away slowly and grazed your bottom lip with his thumb. 
 
"I promise." 

Hooray! I finally ended the story!! Was it okay?

Thank you to all my readers and for sticking around. I know the story was lacking; I'm very disappointed about that fact, but  already have another story in mind so look out for it :)

I'll make it less fluffy :P