A Different Person (part 2)

All Along

 

I walked through the double-doors of my school as quickly as possible. I turned the combination on my locker and exchanged textbooks with cold hands. 
"K-Kyura.." I turned my head in the direction of the shaky voice. I saw Jongup wearing a beanie and with his hands in his pockets, shivering from the cold and his teeth chattering. He in a breath, unable to speak.
"G-God, Jongup I know it's cold." I said through my teeth. He scooted closer to me and walked alongside me to the first class.
 
All throughout the school day, Jongup walked by my side like a puppy. I gave him a funny look as we walked down the halls to next class. 
"Why are you following me?" I asked. He blinked once then looked down to face me. 

"Oh yeah," he scratched the back back of his head. "We don't have the next class together. See ya later Kyura!" He waved as he walked the opposite direction of me. I continued my path and found there were girls all along the hall giving me weird stares. I didn't really think anything of them and kept walking. 

 
Jongup's POV
 
"Guess I lost my train of thought back there." I said as I walked into my class. 
"What's up Jongup?" Himchan hyung called after me. I acknowledged him and shrugged. 
"Nothin' much." I saw a girl standing behind Himchan twiddling her fingers. I pointed behind Himchan and he turned around curiously.
"Oh hey Rin," Himchan greeted her friendly. She bowed to him slightly and smiled shyly. Then she looked to me.
"Hi Jongup," I gave her a smile, wondering how she knew me. She read through my expression. "I'm in your language arts class." She told me. 
"Oh really? Sorry, I don't recognize you." I apologized. I don't really pay any attention to anyone around me besides my friends and Kyura of course. Rin looked down timidly and pulled a piece of hair behind her ear. 
"Uh yeah. Some friends and I are going to go bowling this weekend and I wanted to invite you." I raised my eyebrows at her offer. Himchan gave me an interested look. "Ah! You can bring Himchan-sshi and your other friends too..if you want." She added. 
"I can't. Sorry." I declined. Himchan eyed me surprised at my immediate response then turned to Rin. 
"I'd love to come Rin-ah." He told her. She smiled, however Rin looked a bit disappointed by then. Was it because of me? 
"Oh it's okay. I'm sure you're busy." I smiled at her as she walked back to her seat. Himchan watched her walk off then slapped my arm. 
"What the hell was that for?" I shouted. He sighed frustrated . 
"Why can't you go huh?" He demanded. 
"I have tutoring with Kyura on the weekends." I told him.
"Can't you skip it just one day?" He asked annoyed. I furrowed my eyebrows. 
"Uh no! I can't just skip out on her. Plus I've gotta raise my grade in language arts." I explained. 
"Whatever man." Himchan dropped the subject. "I think you like that Kyura girl." I looked at him completely bewildered. Why would he even think that?
"Hyung, she's my rival. She's tutoring me to keep our competition fair." I defended myself.
"Tch. Whatever. You guys seem to be all buddy-buddy down the halls.." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes and shook my head since there was no way of convincing him.
--
Saturday (Kyura POV)
 
I heard the doorbell ring as I walked out of the bathroom. My brother Jonghun answered it and opened the door. 
"Sup Jongup!" He greeted. Jongup ruffled Jonghun's hair and let himself in. 
"Oh hi Jongup-sshi." I turned around and saw my mom greeting him from the kitchen. 
"Hi Mrs. Nam," Jongup waved, "no men home yet?" He teased.
"Haha the dad is at work and the other one is in the living room." My mom laughed. Jongup nodded and glanced over at me. I froze in my spot a bit startled from the eye contact. I recomposed myself, crossed my arms and spoke.
"Well, aren't you quite the popular guy?" I said in disbelief. He chuckled revealing his two front teeth when he smiled. 
"Ha..you know.." He began arrogantly. 
"Shut up." I demanded before he would start getting annoying on me. Jongup laughed then took a seat at the kitchen counter next to me. 
"Oh Kyura, can you study in your room? Your dad will be home soon." My mom instructed me. 
"Nae." I obeyed and grabbed the books and bag while motioning Jongup to my room. 
 
I turned the lights on revealing my "sanctuary". I saw Jongup look around displeased. 
"Nothing but guys on your walls." He uttered. I scoffed. 
"It's my room." I stated. He ignored me and put his bag on the floor and the books on my desk. "You can sit there. I'll sit on my bed." Jongup inconspicuously shifted to the bed as I cleaned the desk. 
"Yah!" I yelled then brutally kicked him off. "I don't want your dirty on my bed Moon Jongup!" I scolded him. He was on the floor laughing and said when he stood up, "My isn't dirty," he looked behind him to check it out. 
"Ugh, let's just start." I complained. 
 
After one and a half hours of waiting for Jongup to finish his essay, I read it thoroughly. I glanced up and saw him looking around. 
"You better write these faster. The original times essay is 45 minutes." I warned him. He turned his attention to me and sprawled back on my desk chair. 
"Ugh..." He whined. I giggled at his reaction then flipped the page. 
"Ouch!" I yelped. He looked at me concerned for a bit. 
"What?"
"Oh just a paper cut." I told him. Jongup suddenly walked out of the room. A confused expression appeared on my face. Hemophobic? He came back in and unwrapped a bandage. 
"I don't need one!" I insisted when I saw him pull the bandage out. He ignored me and wrapped it gently around my finger, absorbing all the blood. 
"There," He said relieved. "I don't want your blood all over the essay I worked so hard on." I slapped him playfully at his remark. He laughed and sat back in his seat.
 
"It's good." I said after evaluating the essay. He looked at me with eyes full of hope. "Just good." I clarified. He sighed in defeat and rubbed his hands. 
"Okay. I'll right a better one in 30 minutes tops!" He said determined as he grabbed his pencil. I grabbed his hand quickly before he would start.
"I am not gonna wait for you to write another essay. Or read another." I said. He rolled his eyes and jerked his head, releasing the pencil. I let go of hand and felt it. It was warm. 
"Let's end today." I said. He nodded then I heard his stomach growl. We looked at each other for a moment then bursted out in laughter. I was holding my stomach from the pain the laughing caused me.
"H-How about you eat dinner here Jongup?" I offered. He wiped his eye and agreed.
"Sounds good. Thanks." 
 
Until dinner was ready, we started talking about the people on my wall. Jongup kept insulting them which always brought up a heated argument. 
"How could you like them? They look like girls!" He walked over to one of my BEAST posters and pointed at Yoseob. "Especially this guy." He made an ugly face. I shot up from my bed and slapped him upside the head. 
"Yah! He doesn't look like a girl!" I defended my beloved bias. Jongup rubbed his head and stuck his tongue out. "God, it's so annoying to keep yelling at you." I sighed and crashed on my bed. I saw him take a seat next to me and I glared at him. He rose his hands in surrender taking a seat on my floor. I lifted myself up looking down at him. He was sitting with his legs out in front of him and twisting his neck. Jongup has such long legs...
"How tall are you?" I asked randomly. He looked up at me from the ground. 
"Around 176 cm," he told me. I nodded and leaned against my bedroom wall with my legs in front of me. 
 
We say in silence for a bit as my radio played music to fill the room. I couldn't help but wonder what Jongup was thinking about. He was quietly sitting on the floor tapping his feet against each other. 
"So," I started. 
"Himchan hyung must be having fun right now." He interrupted. I turned to him. 
"Why?" 
"He's out bowling with some girls and his other friends." He said. I nodded to myself and pursed my lips instinctively. 
"I was invited by that Rin girl  in our class, but said I couldn't go." He continued. 
"Oh I see.." So that's what he was thinking about. Rin?
"Rin Ishiha?" I asked curiously. 
"Is that her name? Then yeah." He replied. She likes him? Ew.. I giggled to myself quietly at the thought.
"Why didn't you just go?" 
"I wasn't gonna just ditch you." He told me. Didn't want to ditch me?
"Ah. As long as you don't regret it. Probably way more fun than this.." I stated. He shook his head. 
"No, I don't regret it. I'm positive it's not as fun." He turned to me and raised his eyebrows, accompanying it with a cute grin. I bit my lip and shrugged my shoulders to him. I started to feel butterflies in my stomach for some reason. Ah, I must be getting hungry...
 
"We don't fight as much huh?" I heard Jongup ask. I blinked once, thinking over his statement. 
"Hm, I guess not." I stifled a laugh and hugged my knees. He's less obnoxious now.
"Kyura! Jongup! Dinner!" My mom called from down the hall. We both shot up from our seats and reacted simultaneously. 
"Let's go!" Jongup shouted pumping his fist in the air. I laughed and walked ahead of him towards the door. I felt his hand against my back pushing me. I blushed from the contact. 
"Pali Pali!" He urged. I quickly walked ahead and made my way to the table. 
 
Everyone gathered and sat together. I kissed my dad on the cheek to greet him. He walked around, greeting the latter as well as giving Jongup a pat on the back as a welcome. I caught Jongup smile to him then me. I gave him a weak smile then returned to my plate of food. 
Dammit..

Forgive me! >.< I'm sorry for making the flashback arc so long. It's not useless information I promise. So I hope you guys don't hate it ;_; I'm sorry again! *bows* Bare with it please..

gonna tempt you with Jongup >:)