You Have Me

All Along

 

Minhyuk walked to B1A4's table, alerting Jinyoung that you had gone missing. Jinyoung nodded understandingly and got up, leaving the cafeteria to search for you. First he checked the roof, since it was where you had the meeting about the plan. He realized you weren't on the rooftop and only thought of one other place you could be: the music room. He raced over to the destination, hurrying within the school. Teachers were calling after him as he ran by, getting told to slow down in the halls, but he ignored them. Jinyoung wouldn't slow down until he found you. 
 
When he arrived at the music room, he slammed the door open, eyes frantically searching the room. His eyes landed on you, sitting in a chair strumming your guitar. Jinyoung examined you, checking if you were in a stable state. There was no trace of emotion on you. The atmosphere was empty, as if no one has been in the room the entire time. He noticed a roll of kimbap on a table next to you, but it was only half eaten. He sighed deeply, relieved you were okay. You didn't move or turn to see Jinyoung. You were too focused on whatever piece it was you were working on with the guitar.
 
Jinyoung approached you cautiously. 
"Kyura-sshi." He called. You didn't turn around but stopped playing for a moment. You took a piece of kimbap then averted your attention to Jinyoung. You gave him a smile, but it was empty. 
"Hi Jinyoung oppa." Jinyoung tilted his head and sent you a small smile. He looked at the guitar in your hand, then occupied the seat next to you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder.
"Let me see that Kyura-ah" Jinyoung motioned to the guitar on your lap. You looked at him then handed it to him hesitantly. He smiled at your obligation and took it from you. 
"Tell me if you remember this song arasso?" He instructed you. You placed your hands in between your legs, gripping the chair. You nodded at his command, looking like an obedient puppy. 
 
Jinyoung played the intro and melody at first, in order for you to get familiar with the song. The melody sounded familiar, like a tune you heard long ago; but you couldn't put you finger on the song quite yet. Then Jinyoung started to sing. 
 
Standing behind you I keep hesitating
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I hug you or not?
 
This time I will make sure you will come into my warm embrace
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I hug you or not? I keep hesitating again.
 
Jinyoung was practically singing his confession to you, but didn't notice. You thought he sang this song and refrain in particular for the sake of being nostalgic. Your face lit up, bringing a huge smile on your face. You had remembered this was the first song Jinyoung taught you how to play on the guitar. Jinyoung was pleased with his idea and continued, urging you to join in. You shyly shook your head, declining his offer. As he sang, he stood up and walked closer to you, pressuring you to sing along. You eventually gave up and ended up harmonizing with him on the refrain. His goal to cheer you up and light up your face, was achieved.
 
When your little duet ended, Jinyoung put the guitar back on the stand and came over to you. He sat beside you on the bench located in the room. 
"You know you really worried me Kyura-ah." He stated. You didn't know how to respond, so you just bowed your head and apologized. 
"I'm sorry I caused you trouble oppa.." He sighed heavily, causing you to turn and face him. He poked your cheek as you turned your head. He smiled and giggled at you for falling for his joke. You pouted, unimpressed. He scooted closer to you, looking into your eyes. You could feel his body heat, warming up your cold skin. 
"Kyura, did you want to tell what's wrong?" He asked gently. You knew he would understand if you didn't want to talk and just sit with him. You shook your head, not ready to explain anything to him. 
"It's fine Kyura. You can tell me whenever you're comfortable." He paused. "That way, once you tell me, I'll make sure that whatever brought you this sadness, will never happen again." He finished. You looked up at him, surprised by his declaration. You saw how serious he was. It made you a little nervous. You had never seen Jinyoung so determined or serious like this before. He looked very handsome and manly. 
 
"Ilhoon rejected me." You confessed. Jinyoung looked down to you, meeting your gaze. You gulped and continued. "Ha. I was too late. Someone asked him last week." You explained. Jinyoung remained quiet. You didn't mind, knowing he was listening to you. Knowing he was listening, somewhat put you at ease. 
"I'm pretty naive huh? Aren't I Jinyoung oppa--?" You were suddenly pulled into Jinyoung's arms. You didn't try to get away. You felt safe in his arms for some reason you couldn't understand. You hugged him back. He the back of your head and felt the tears start to well up in your eyes. Your heart and chest hurt too much. You couldn't prevent the tears from escaping your eyes. 
 
"Kyura-ah, you're not naive. You're just very kind-hearted. Always seeing the good things." He tried to soothe you. You gripped his shirt. His words only made you cry harder. "Oppa.." You choked out. Jinyoung pulled away from you to see your face. You quickly wiped the tears streaming down your cheeks, embarrassed that Jinyoyng had to see you in such a vulnerable state. Jinyoung gently helped you wipe your tears and smiled to you genuinely. 
 
"Don't cry Kyura. You won't look as pretty." You laughed at little at his comment and hit his shoulder. He laughed along with you, helping you stand up. He cupped your face and stepped closer to you, making your heart beat rapidly. He looked into your eyes.
"Don't worry too much okay? Everything will be alright. Including you and Ilhoon-sshi." You blinked once and smiled with relief. 
"Nae oppa. Gamsamnida..for comforting me today." He caressed your cheek then released you. 
"You will always have me by your side Kyura." He reassured you. His words healed you, lightening your mood. Jinyoung put his hands into yours and bit his lip. You looked at him curiously, wondering what he was about to say. 
 
"Kyura, how about you go with me to the soirée?" He asked you seriously. Your expression softened at his question. He gave your hands a gentle squeeze. "Hara and Sunhee were looking forward to it too right? Wouldn't you like to join in their fun?" 
You bit your lip, tempted. You gazed at Jinyoung, only admiring him. You looked down and nodded slowly. He perked up, trying to make sure he understood your actions.
"You're nodding?" You looked at him and chuckled. 
"Yes oppa. I'll go with you." You agreed swinging his and your hands together in happiness. Jinyoung smiled widely, exposing his fox-like complexion. He kissed your forehead. 
"Let's have fun together Kyura-ah." He said excitedly. You laughed and nodded at his enthusiasm. 
 

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. You jumped at the sound then let go of Jinyoung's hands slowly. The two of grabbed your things, then parted your ways until the end of the day.


Ehehe Jinyoung saves the day :) 

Merry Christmas to everyone! Wherever you may be in the world! Enjoy your holidays! :D