Apology

All Along

 

You purchased your tray of lunch at the cash register and walked to B1A4's table. 
"Yo Kyura," Eunkwang tapped your shoulder from the table behind. "Where's Ilhoonie?" 
"Sick." You answered. 
"I already told you that!" You heard Minhyuk yell him. You shook your head at the two of them then turned around.
 
"I am starving," you announced as you picked up a piece of food. 
"Same." Baro and Sandeul said together then turned to each other with blank expressions. Jinyoung came sitting last, taking the seat next to you. 
"Ready to tell us what happened?" He poked your cheek. You swallowed and nodded. Feeling pretty comfortable right now, you told them all about you and Jongup. 
 
"Yeesh, that guy sounds like a-" Baro was cut off when he caught you staring at him with warning eyes. He cleared his throat before stuffing more food into his mouth. 
"Has he tried talking to you ever since last week?" CNU asked. You shook your head.
"I don't think he wants to talk to me when he's around other people." You said. CNU scoffed incredulously.
"I want to talk to him like old times, but I feel so annoyed whenever he utters a single word." You scratched your head at the contradiction.
"Well duh," Sandeul said. "Once you have bad blood with someone, everything they do starts to be annoying to you," he pointed out. Everyone looked at him in disbelief, like he said something out of character. 
 
"He's right." Jinyoung said. You turned to him. 
"Should I go and talk to him then?" 
"Tch no," Baro interrupted. "You shouldn't confront him first. He's in the wrong." You nodded in agreement. These guys really do think like me.
"I'm pretty sure he'll come to you first anyways. Considering what happened last week." Gongchan finally spoke. You looked over to see him sitting next to Sandeul with a shocked expression on your face.
"What? Forgot about me again noona?" He laughed. You frowned a little at your mistake. 
"Sorry Gongchan..stop hiding behind Sandeul-ah then!" You exclaimed with a smile as you tried to defend yourself. Gongchan smiled that angelic smile of his that could make anyone's heart flutter. 
 
The matter was soon dropped and everyone carried on to their own small talk. You looked up instinctively and accidentally spotted Jongup take a seat three tables away from you. He acknowledged a few of his friends with a handshake including Zelo. You felt kind of weird looking at him but couldn't avert your attention elsewhere. Zelo spotted you looking thinking you were looking at him. He waved at you excitedly with a huge grin in his face. You blinked a few times out of your daze and waved to him with a weak smile. Jongup looked away from Zelo and met your eyes. You immediately turned your head back to the friends at your table and brought your hand down. 
 
"What happened?" CNU looked back in the direction you were previously waving to. "Oh," was all he said but didn't push the subject any further. With that lunch ended and the six of you cleaned up. You walked with Gongchan to your next class together.
 
 
You walked out of your last class with a huge smile and a skip in your step. You had gotten an excellent grade in last week's economics test.
When you reached your locker you hummed a random song that came to your head and put in the combination. Someone came next to you but you didn't look up. 
"Jinyoung op-" your smiled fell when you found out who it was. 
"Jongup?" Well, Gongchan was right on the money was the only thought that came to your mind. 
"Expecting someone?" Jongup asked. You turned to close your locker then faced him calmly, trying not to stomp off in annoyance again. 
"Ah, no." You responded. The two of you stood staring at each other, waiting for someone to speak. 
 
"Um, so I'll be going then," you said wanting to get out of the awkward situation. You started to walk off and saw Jongup was trailing next to you. You made a puzzled face to yourself. 
"Are you going home?" Jongup finally spoke.  
"Uh, well I was gonna go to the cafe near my house for something," you said. He nodded slowly. 
"That's cool." 
"Are you gonna follow me there?"
"Would it be weird if I did?"
"Yes." You said sternly. The two of you laughed together for the first time in ages. He coughed awkwardly at the moment. 
"Wow. You ruined it." You thought out loud. He looked at you with his eyebrows up. "Whoops.." You giggled. 
 
 
In the end, Jongup did follow you to the cafe you were too familiar with by now. You went to the counter and ordered for the both of you. Jongup sat at a booth for two and signaled you over. 
"I can't believe you actually followed me." You pushed his head before sliding into the booth. He laughed to himself and fixed his sideburns. "Tch, what a pretty boy," you scoffed. He shrugged, taking no offense. 
 
The number was called for your orders and this time Jongup got up to get them. He sat back down as he handed you the warm beverage. 
 
"So," he started. You sipped from your cup as your eyes looked up at him. 
"How have you been?" He chickened out on his apology. 
"Fine." You replied. The awkwardness in the air was practically suffocating the two of you. "How is being a kpop star?" You asked, bringing up his career. He beamed at your question, glad you actually took interest in him. 
"Pretty fun. But I'm just the dancer with muscles. I don't get many lines in our songs." He explained. You rose an eyebrow in disbelief. 
"Muscles? Sure..." You . He laughed but didn't do anything embarrassing like flashing his abs or flexing. The two of you talked about his career for a bit before walking out of the cafe and back to your house. 
 
"Do you listen to B.A.P.?" Jongup asked.  "Just a little." You answered honestly. "But I'm slowly getting interested."
"Oh yeah?" He looked at you with a small grin. "What's your favorite song?" 
"Crash."
"Haha. We have a new album coming already," he said. You nodded with an interested face. "Yeah. I saw 'Rain Sound' already." You told him. 
He smiled happily and looked up to hide his excitement.
 
"Who's your favorite?" You opened your mouth then he interrupted you. "You can't say Zelo." He added. You pouted because you were actually gonna say Zelo. 
"Fine. If not Zelo-yah, then Himchan or...Daehyun?" You tapped your chin as you tried to decide. Jongup looked at you a bit disappointed but kind of expected it. He coughed at bit before responding. 
"Himchan went to school with us back then," he said. You looked at him shocked. 
"It's the same Himchan?!" You exclaimed. He nodded with an unreadable expression. You felt your mind completely blow up right now. 
"He got so much hotter.." You mumbled to yourself. 
"Hm?" 
"Oh nothing.." You said nervously. 
 
 
When you neared your house, you took out your keys. 
"Kyura," Jongup called.
"Yeah?" You didn't turn around and continued to turn the keys.
"I'm sorry." He apologized. This time you turned to face him. Confusion written all over your face. 
"I'm sorry I left you like that freshman year. I didn't know anything.." He said with his head down, not meeting your eyes. You were speechless for a moment. 
"Didn't know..? Which means you found out what?" You asked hesitantly. Oh no. Nayoung..
"That you thought we were friends. Not just rivals. And when I said we were nothing, I didn't know I had hurt you," he sighed in frustration with himself. 
"Is that it?" 
"No. Nayoung told me after you switched schools," Oh God..
"How you felt about me." He finished. You closed your eyes and bit your lip at his statement. You regained your courage then sighed. 
"It's fine. I'm just glad you apologized. And that you understand." He finally faced you, his eyes full of grief. "I'll see you tomorrow." You said before walking in. Jongup smiled at your acceptance and nodded. You disappeared into your house and went to your room. 
 
You fell back first on your bed feeling exhausted for some reason. Your phone rang at your desk and you picked it up. 
"Jagiya.." Ilhoon said with a raspy voice. 
"Ilhoon-ah, are you okay?"
"Hehe, yeah. Just a sore throat." He tried to laugh. 
"Tch. Stop talking! And drink lots of water. Remember to take your medicine." You nagged.
"I needed to talk to you though," he said. You sighed at his sweetness but really wanted to punch him for being so stubborn. 
"So did you miss me?" He asked. You lay back on your bed and looked up at the ceiling with your hand over your eyes and sighed deeply.
 

"Yeah."


Errghh..The chapter was really long huh? I'm sorry! Hopefully you guys liked it though. 

Hello to my new subscribers! Now here comes the life ruiner Jongup: