Scavenger Hunt

All Along

A/N: This is all in Ilhoon's POV



The bell had already rung and I actually arrived to first period English class early. But, Kyura wasn't here yet. Kyura isn't here...?

Right on queue, Kyura came rushing through the door, panting. Her backpack was slipping off her shoulder. She bowed to the teacher repeatedly. 
"I'm so sorry I'm late!" Kyura apologized. The teacher nodded and dismissed her to her seat. My eyes haven't left her ever since she walked in, but didn't look at me once. I wonder why she was late.. After she was seated the class resumed. 
 
I shifted in my seat, as my started to hurt from sitting up straight for so long. I stretched my arms out then turned to crack my back. I felt something scratchy on the back of my seat. I took a second look and found a card. It was labeled #1, with different kinds if school supplies on it, and a picture of a book. I raised my eyebrow and opened it curiously. 
"To the reader, annyeonghaesaeyo! I'm playing a game with you my dongsaeng~ so please be gracious and play along?" What? A game?) I stared at the note, bewildered. Dongsaeng? Did Minhyuk hyung write this? Or was it Eunkwang hyung? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
"Jung Ilhoon! Pay attention!" My teacher scolded me from the front of the class. I bowed slightly to apologize. Still no reaction from Kyura. 
I sighed, feeling slightly disappointed.
 
I walked to second period science, arriving a little later than usual. I scanned the classroom to see if another note was left for me. My eyes landed on Kyura's empty seat. I furrowed my eyebrows. Late again? I shrugged it off because I knew she was here at school, then walked over to my seat. When I turned to look up at the board, Kyura was seated at her desk. My face instantly lit up. I stood up to greet her and ask about first period. The bell rang right when I left my desk; I sighed annoyed, then backtracked to my desk. I couldn't really focus on the PowerPoint on the screen so I decided to text Kyura.
"Yah, why were so late?" I typed. I saw her jump a little probably startled by the vibration. I couldn't help but giggle at how cute she reacted. She stopped taking notes for a split second then checked her phone. A moment later I received a text. 
 
"Don't worry about it." It read. Tch. I slid my phone in my pocket somewhat annoyed. I turned my head to the side and saw a card attached to the side of the counter. It had a #2 on it just like the first card. I quietly detached it from the counter and opened it.
"Hooray! You're playing with me! Well, you've probably figured out that you'll have a new note in every class. So keep going! You have 4 more cards to go!" It explained. Hmm.. I slipped the card into my backpack with the other one, then returned to taking notes.
 
By the end of 5th period, I had found three more cards. The fifth one was kind if tricky to find. When I found it wedged inside my teacher's desk, I had to pull it out inconspicuously. Even when I opened the note, it read that it was surprised I found it. Whoever planned this did a pretty good job and it must've taken some effort. 
 
I wanted to walk with Kyura and have lunch together so I headed over to her 5th period class, math. When I was about to turn the corner I spotted her with Jinyoung. I caught them hugging and stepped back shocked. What..what's going on? I peeked to check on them again and they had already pulled apart, but Jinyoung's arms were still on her waist. I could see him looking into Kyura's eyes tenderly, the same way I look at her... What made it worse was that Kyura just stood there smiling at him, then I saw her playfully hit him. Jinyoung hyung does like her! I bit my lip in anger. Ugh! Kyura liked him all along?! I had to walk to away from my spot before they came this way. I shoved my hands in my pockets and escaped the situation. 
 
I entered the cafeteria extremely frustrated. I stomped over to BTOB's table and settled down. The members all have me weird looks, wondering what was wrong with me but I ignored them. 
Oh yeah the card. I remembered. I pulled it out of my backpack and read it for the first time.
"This is the second to last note, but the most important. Please go to the rooftop at the beginning of lunch to meet with the mastermind of this game." I sighed deeply, clearly not in the mood to do this. But I went over anyways out of curiosity.
 
I arrived at the rooftop, seeing no one when I walked in. As I walked further, I saw a figure waiting at a bench. Kyura. It was her? I walked over to her slowly, trying to control myself. She turned around when she heard my footsteps and smiled, that kind that made my heart stop. I kept my cold composure and waited for her to speak. 
 
"Hi Ilhoonie." She said innocently. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to explain. She tensed up but quickly shook it off. 
"So um, I'm the one who set up the cards for you, as you can tell.." She began nervously. 
I scoffed. "Oh so it really is you? I thought the whole joke was Minhyuk hyung." I tried to say casually. She looked at me with a deflated expression. Her smile was falling. 
"Ah--Joke?" She stuttered a bit at "joke." I continued, "Yeah. Well anyways, what was it for?" I asked. She straightened up, looking suddenly intimidated  by my change in character. 
"Well, It was my way of asking you...if you wanted to go to the Valentines' Soirée with me?" She finished and stared at the ground shyly then to me, awaiting my answer. I stood in my place, shocked. Me? Why didn't she just ask Jinyoung hyung? I looked at her blankly.
"Oh. I'm sorry Kyura-ah. But I can't."
Her eyes softened, filled with confusion. "I was asked last week, and I said yes. You were too late." I uttered in the most arrogant and cold way possible. I looked at Kyura, seeing her unreadable expression. She nodded and responded, "Oh corre? I guess I was too late huh?" She tried to say with a smile, a weak smile. I bit my lip when I searched her eyes. They were filled with sadness, confusion, and regret. My heart fell instantly. I wanted to hug her right there and then, and just hold her. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. 
 
We stood on the rooftop for about two minutes: the longest two minutes of my life. I decided to walk off and return to BTOB. 
"If that's all Kyura-ah, I'll be going back to lunch with BTOB." I said, not inviting her along. She looked up at me and nodded, not saying a word. She walked back to the bench to grab her things, but I made sure to leave before she got too close to me, and before I lost myself. 
 
I sat back with BTOB. They gave me bewildered stares. Eunkwang hyung asked, "Where'd you go Ilhoon-ah?" 
"To the rooftop." I replied. 
"Waeyo?"
"Kyura asked me to the soirée." I sighed. Everyone's attention was on me by now. 
"Jinjja?" Minhyuk beamed.
"Yeah. I rejected." Everyone looked at me confused and with wide eyes.
"Why?" Minhyuk pestered.
"I didn't want to go." 
"You said that?!"
I clenched my teeth, not wanting to continue. 
"I said I couldn't."
"Why can't you?" He continued.
"I said I agreed to go with someone else." I admitted.
"WHO?!" Everyone yelled out. I looked to all of them, wondering why they were so interested. 
"No one. I just said that."
"Why would you say that?" Hyunsik scolded. I didn't respond. I don't know why I said it. Out of anger? 
"Kyura likes Jinyoung hyung. Not me. So why would I say yes?" I tried to defend myself. I did see them together. 
"How do you know that?" Peniel asked. I hated recalling the scene. I was right there to watch it all. 
"I saw them hugging after fifth period. And Jinyoung hyung looking at her tenderly.." I said quietly. 
"So?" Eunkwang uttered.
"So she should ask him not me."
"Ugh you idiot!" Minhyuk yelled at me slamming his utensils on the table. I jumped from the loud sound. 
"If she liked him, she would've asked him!" He shouted. 
"You said all the wrong things! You were so heartless when you walked in here. Is that how you talked to her?" Minhyuk hyung demanded. I didn't respond and avoided eye contact with him. The guilt started to flood my insides. Suddenly Minhyuk slammed his fist on the table and sat down. 
"I could only imagine what she feels like right now. My dongsaeng.." His voice softened when he said "dongsaeng", thinking of Kyura.
 
Everyone else at the table besides me were on the same side as Minhyuk hyung. 
Changseob spoke for the first time, "Ilhoon-ah, where did Kyura go?" I thought about it, remembering I left her at the rooftop. 
"I don't know. Probably with Jinyoung hyung." I stood my ground stubbornly. 
"Then why isn't she over there with him." He asked motioning over to the table across the aisle. I looked over and saw that Kyura was absent. Dammit. I looked back to Changseob hyung and shrugged. He looked enraged at my actions but let me go. 
 

Before I knew it, Minhyuk was at B1A4's table talking to Jinyoung. Jinyoung nodded and stood up. He didn't look at our table, so I assumed Minhyuk only told him Kyura was missing. Jinyoung left the cafeteria and I turned back into my seat, completely shunned by BTOB. 


Ilhoon is such a guy!! >.< blaaaahhh!! Lol 

Thank you to everyone for your constant support ! And I'm making new friends! I'm so happy :D Tell your other friends to check out the story too hehehe. Don't forget to comment and feel free to tell me your thoughts :3