Unavoidable

All Along

 

After school, you grabbed the books you needed for your tutoring session with Zelo at the library today. You saw a figure walk up next to you and lean on the lockers. You turned around excitedly, thinking it would be Ilhoon, but your expression fell at the sight of the person's face. 
"Whoa. Am I that distasteful Kyura?" Jongup asked you in a high pitched tone. You didn't respond and turned back towards your locker exchanging books. 
"Haha I'll take that as a 'yes'." He chuckled, tilting his head toward you to see your face. Your indifference towards Jongup was starting to make him feel uneasy and let down his guard. 
"Look Kyura, I--" you closed your locker shut and interrupted his speech. 
"I've gotta go." You said quickly. Jongup stood in your way and sighed , displaying his frustration. 
"Kyura.." At what felt like the perfect timing, Ilhoon came up to your side and kissed your temple. 
"Hi jagiya." He greeted you completely clueless of the situation between you and Jongup. "Sorry, I got held up by Hyunsik hyung at the last minute." He explained. You smiled at him and shook your head. 
"It's fine." You replied then turned back to Jongup. "Bye Jongup-sshi." You said as you walked passed him with Ilhoon by your side. Jongup bit his lip and turned around, seeing you off.
 
You and Ilhoon walked hand in hand in silence for a bit as you head to the library. Unconsciously, you gripped his hand. Ilhoon looked down at your curiously.
"You okay?" He asked. You snapped out of your daze and looked up. 
"Uh yeah." You replied half-heartedly. 
"C'mon Kyura." He pestered you. You sighed quietly. 
"You're gonna start calling me 'jagiya' now?" You asked trying to change the subject. Ilhoon raised his eyebrow and smirked. 
"Hehe if you don't want me to, I won't." he said. You couldn't help but smile at how understanding he was being towards you. 
"You can. Just..not all the time" you replied nervously. You heard him chuckle and felt his hand give yours a gentle squeeze. 
"Okay," He rubbed his thumb on your skin, drawing circles on it. "but I know that's not what's bothering you." He finished. You closed your eyes, realizing you were caught.  "Just tell me." He stated firmly. You met his eyes as they looked into yours. 
"Can I..tell you another time?" You asked nervously. You heard him sigh. 
"How about you tell me after tutoring today? I'll walk you home." He offered. You leaned your head on his shoulder in defeat.
"Arasso.." You sighed. 
 
The two of you arrived at the library and seated yourselves. Zelo came in soon after and sat next to you. Ilhoon motioned to get started and put in his ear phones. You pursed your lips then gave your attention to Zelo. 
 
After the lesson and as Zelo started the assigned homework, Ilhoon kicked your foot slightly. You looked up at him but he was staring at his MP3 player. You shook it off and returned to observing Zelo. A few seconds later, Ilhoon tapped your foot again. You shot your head up and glared until he was forced to meet your gaze. Ilhoon lifted his head cautiously and saw your sharp eyes. He bursted out in laughter silently, trying to cover his face. You rolled your eyes and kicked his leg.  
 
Zelo slammed his pencil on the table to grab your attention. 
"Yah noona, if you're gonna flirt, do it after we're done!" He complained. You looked away embarrassed then faced Zelo. Ilhoon on the other hand was trying to hold in his laughter.
"I'm sorry Zelo-yah. Are you all done?" You apologized with sincerity. He nodded and handed you the paperwork. You scanned the paper carefully, tapping your pencil against your chin. 
"Good job Zelo-yah." You finally eased him of his stress. 
"Yes!" He exhaled in relief, sprawling back on his chair. You chuckled and leaned back in your seat as well. 
 
"Ah!" Zelo shot up remembering something. "What is with you and Jongup hyung?" He eyed you carefully. You kept your cool even at the sound of his name. You shrugged nonchalantly and answered your dongsaeng properly. 
"What do you mean? We just know each other is all." 
"But how do you know him?" He continued, putting emphasis on "how." By this time, Ilhoon was all ears, observing your every move and listening to every word you uttered. You caught him staring at you as he looked up from his MP3 player. You sighed deeply, realizing there was no way out of escaping the matter now. 
 

"It's a long story."


hello everyone :3 This chapter was short, sorry. The next will reveal the heated relationship between Kyura and Jongup :O So hopefully I'll have time to update tomorrow. 

Welcome to the new readers and subscribers! Thank you for reading and subscribing ^_^