Choose Wisely

All Along

 

It was a beautiful Sunday morning--the sun was shining brightly and the breeze was light, creating the perfect weather for you. Your mom arranged for a girls' day for you and her, which you haven't had for a long time. You prepared early that way you can shop without any delays. You dressed nicely for the occasion rather than for just hanging out with friends. 
 
"Ready Kyura?" Your mom called. 
"Nae." You answered. Suddenly, your phone rang. "Who would be calling me at this time of day?" You wondered as you took out your phone. You saw the icon and it was Jinyoung. His caller ID making you giggle with his cute cat whiskers. 
"Hello?" 
"'Morning Kyura? Did I wake you?" He asked on the other line. You answered him happily, "No. I'm going out today." 
"Ah corre?" He said sounding angelic. You giggled in the phone. 
"Yes! So what's up oppa?" Your mom heard your conversation and raised an eyebrow at you. 
"Ah. I was about to ask you on a date , but you seem to be busy." You felt guilty since you haven't hung out with Jinyoung in a while. Plus, you wanted to tell him  your answer. 
"I'm really sorry oppa. I'm having a girls' day with my mom so I can't just run off with you." You explained sadly through the line. He laughed.
"Don't worry about it. Maybe another time okay?" You nodded. "Pabo. I can't see you nodding so you have to say yes!" He exclaimed predicting your actions. You shook your head at your realization.
"Oh yeah! Haha. I thought you had super powers and could see me nod." You said sarcastically. 
"Oh no! You found out my secret!" Jinyoung gasped. You bursted into laughter as he played along. "Okay. I'll talk to you later Kyura-ah." He finished. 
"Mkay. Bye oppa~" You giggled and ended the call. Your mom was giving you a skeptical stare, you raised an eyebrow at her, not intimidated at all. She motioned over to the car and you followed.
 
The car ride wasn't awkward despite the fact that the two of you weren't speaking. Your iPod was playing in the car to fill in the silence. 
"Who's oppa?" She asked abruptly. 
"Hm?" You looked at her curiously.
"The one you were talking to on the phone?" She clarified.
"Oh him. My friend Jinyoung. He's older than me so he's my oppa." You explained. 
"Oh I see." Your mom nodded as she stared at the  road. 
 
Within minutes, you arrived at the mall. The two of you walked by numerous stores, window shopping. You spotted a cute knitted hat. It was one of those longer beanies that would hang after you put it on your head. It was a beautiful shade of blue.  
"Omma, buy me this please?" You begged. She gaped, surprised you were mooching off of her when you just got birthday money. 
"Forget it. You have money." She said strictly.
"But-but. I'm gonna buy Yoseob's and Sunggyu's album with my money.." You said quietly. 
"Wow jinjja! Kpop is more important to you!" She exclaimed in disbelief. You chuckled at her reaction. 
"Hehe. How about you buy this hat for me, and I'll buy you a different one. I'll buy my albums with my own money too." You tried to bargain with her. Your mom's expression and tone changed, pleased with your deal. 
"Arasso." You smiled widely, knowing your plan would work. 
 
The two of you moved to a department store and looked for shoes. As you looked through the different shelves, your mom pestered you again. 
"Is that Jinyoung guy the one who rejected you?" You sighed wondering why she kept talking about him. 
"No mom. That was someone else." 
"Hmph. Good." She said pleased. You decided to tease your mom. 
"Jinyoung oppa is the one I went to the dance with." You started. Your statement peaked your mom's interest. 
"Ah corre?"
"Yup. And he asked me to be his girlfriend that night." You ended. Your mom appeared from the opposite side of the aisle with her eyes shocked. 
"And? He's your boyfriend now?" She demanded. You shook your head. 
"No. Haha. I scared you huh?" You told her. Your mom relaxed.
"Tch. Don't be having any secret relationships or else I'll tell appa." She commanded. 
"I need to answer him." You said seriously. Your mom came next to you and looked on the shoe shelf. "I think that's why he called. He wanted to go on a date."
"Don't call it a 'date.'" Your mom interrupted. You narrowed your eyes at her confused (not that she saw.) 
"Okay whatever. But yeah." 
"So what is it? Yes or no?" She asked curiously. You sighed and shifted to another shelf.
"I don't know. The guy I asked to the dance practically confessed to me the other day saying he didn't want me to accept Jinyoung's offer.." You breathed out, displaying your burden in the situation. 
"They're friends?" She asked cluelessly. 
"Ugh yes omma." You said slightly annoyed. 
"So that guy rejected you but he likes you? What the heck?" Your mom was clearly confused and kind of hinted that she didn't like Ilhoon. 
"Yeah. I was like that too." Your mom turned around to face you and came to a realization. 
"Oh I see. You like that guy huh? That's why you're all wound up about this." You tensed up when she finally figured it out, then you sighed and nodded rolling your eyes. "And this Jinyoung person?" she asked. You shrugged not knowing about how you feel about Jinyoung yourself. Your mom laughed at how hard you were thinking about the situation internally. "Haha well hun, all I can say is choose wisely." You narrowed your eyes at her and glared. Well, talking to her didn't help at all. Tch. Parents. "I just don't want you choosing someone like that first guy okay?" You scoffed as you recalled that past relationship. As if. I'm not as stupid as I was then.
 
"Mom." You called after her as the two of you walked out into the mall and out of the store. 
"Yes Kyura?" She responded. 

"You're weird." 


hi everyone. I've been foreshadowing a lot in the past few chapters and this is another example. I just want to warn everyone that I'll be updating slower. School is coming in soon so I won't update daily most likely, but I'll try my best.

ugh, the vacation is ending when I'm starting to get to more important parts in the story. >.< Anyways, if you have any thoughts about the story so far (which is lacking so much) or the chapter, comment please.