All Along

All Along

 

January 27th. Today is your birthday. "Kyuraaaaa!!!" You turned your head when you heard your name. You giggled,"Sup Sunhee." You waved a v-sign to your best friend.

"Do you know what today is?!" 

"Um..it's Tuesday~" You cooed to . 

"Yah, Nam Kyura, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY." 

"Oh yeah, huuuh?" You said sarcastically with a smile. 

"What are you gonna do today?" Sunhee asked. Honestly, you weren't going to do anything except hang out with the family for dinner. You haven't had a birthday party since you ended your pre-teen years; so dinner was a normal thing. "Just dinner with the family." You said with a smile. "Thai food!" You told her excitedly. Sunhee chuckled at your adorable enthusiasm. 

 

You and Sunhee were on your way to your home room: English. When you were about to walk in, someone bumped into you making you drop your huge English book on your foot.

"Ah!" A yelp escaped from your mouth. You didn't like to show you were in pain, sad, or upset; so you were shocked by the sound of your own response. 

"Oh! Whoa, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" The person asked after he heard you yelp. He didn't know what happened to your foot. 

"Uh-" you choke out from the pain, "I-I'm fine.."
"Kyura-ah! Let me take that for you." Sunhee took the book from you so you can get up. You stood up slowly and strongly as if nothing had happened, until you fell once the pressure got to your right foot. 

"Ah-" you were about to catch yourself but the boy from before caught you first. 

"You're not okay. I'll take you to the nurse." *darn* you thought. 

"Kyura, Ilhoon-sshi is gonna take you to the nurse and I'll tell the teacher where you went. Don't worry." Sunhee stated. You whipped your head up when you heard Sunhee say the boy's name. You turned to look to your rescuer and it was indeed Jung Ilhoon. The incident made you completely forget about who did it. Your heart started to beat rapidly; you thought you could see it about to hop out of your chest. Ilhoon just stood there still holding his arm around your waist and your arm rested on his shoulder. 

"Hey, let's go. We need to ice that." He said. You felt as if you had lost your voice because you couldn't respond. You looked back at Sunhee with a pained expression-- she understood but just nodded. 

You and Ilhoon started on the way to the nurse's office.You sat on the bed waiting for the nurse to come in. You and Ilhoon just sat there in silence for a while, until you saw him look at your foot. 

"Hey." Ilhoon looked up at the sound of your voice. 

"It's okay. It was an accident." He opened his mouth to say something but closed it right away. You chuckled. 

"Ilhoon-sshi. I'm tough." He laughed at your comment. His laugh and smile made you blush and laugh as well. His smile was so perfect. He would glow whenever he would laugh. *it had to be him who bumped into me huh* you scoffed. Ilhoon looked up. 

"What?" Your heart stopped and your face froze. 

"Oh nothing. It's just so weird that this would happen to me today of all days. Haha" you tried to save yourself. 

He tilted his head with a smile and asked, "Oh wae?" You couldn't believe you were having a conversation with Ilhoon. But you were happier at the fact that the guilt and awkwardness faded. 

"Haha today's actually my birthday and I injured myself." You responded sticking out your tongue. You were trying to be funny, but then you saw Ilhoon's face fall. You instantly got worried. 

"I-I'm. I'm.." He stuttered. You tried to reassure him again," A-aniyo! It's okay!" You stuttered nervously at his pained look. His eyes looked down at the floor with sadness. You wanted to jump off the bed and hug him. 

"NO! Stop saying its okay. I-I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. And to you of all people!" He shouted but looked up shocked at what he just said. He turned away. You just stared confused at his reaction. 

"Ilhoon-sshi....can you look up..?" You asked cautiously. He turned to you with his soft eyes, filled with guilt. You just smiled whole-heartedly as a sign of reassurance to him. He blushed and smiled looking away. 

"Okay. Whatever. This nurse is taking forever to come." He said trying to change the subject. You just giggled and remembered you were in the nurse's office. 

" I don't feel anything on my foot. I think I can walk now." You said as you started to get up. Then, you stumbled clutching on to the bed. "Or not-" you said as you looked up to see Ilhoon right at your face, his nose touching yours and his arm around your waist. You gulped. "Ilhoon-sshi.." Your voice trailed off. He let out a sigh of relief sending shivers down your spine. 

"Stop..scaring me Kyura-ah.." He breathed out. His leaned his forehead against yours and whispered, "Why are you doing this..?" You were confused and frozen at your spot, his arm still around you. 

You managed to choke out, "Um..l don't..know." Possibly the stupidest thing you thought to say. You blushed at the idiotic response. Ilhoon chuckled. 

"Pabo." Then he kissed your nose and moved away from your face. He saw you blush a deep red. You felt embarrassed because you could feel the heat on your face that made you look like a tomato. 

Ilhoon laughed again, "Do you have a fever too?" He said it a little awkwardly realizing what happened to put you in this state. He looked at you and slightly bit his lip. Slowly he put both arms around your waist and smiled a dashing smile. You tried to regain your cool and just let go of the bed to look into his eyes. *why are you so cute Jung Ilhoon. I look like a fool right now* Ilhoon started to slowly step forward to pull you closer to him, your foreheads about to touch--- BAM!

 

"I'm sorry I was out!" A lady in a white coat said: the nurse. 
You and Ilhoon jumped. He moved away from you. The two of you just looked at each in shock and laughed.