Out of my Mind

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh0v4TQ0LOE

Lee Hyun- My Heartsore

-----

It was the day of the big basketball match between Seoul High and Jamsil High. School was dismissed early, and mostly everyone went to the gymnasium to watch.

Sehun finished changing into his basketball jersey and closed his locker. His eyes naturally fell upon his right wrist where the ‘friendship’ bracelet was. Eyes gentle, he softly the band. *Noona, you’re coming today, aren’t you?*

“Sehun! Let’s go!” Chanyeol called. “I can’t wait to beat those Jamsil boys.” Kai grinned.

“As long as Oh Sehun doesn’t screw up like he did during the past couple practices, we’ll be good.” Kyungpyo shot him a look and strode past them.

“You worry about yourself!” Chanyeol hollered after him. “Jerk.” Kai muttered and shook his head.

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Sehun’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about what Go Kyungpyo says. You know that dude is always jealous of your skills.” Sehun forced himself to smile.

Yoonhee was already sitting on the bleachers. She waved to Mr. and Mrs. Oh on the other side and stretched out her neck to see if Sehun was coming out or not. Someone tapped her shoulder, and she looked back. “Hey, guys.” Yoonhee smiled warmly. Kris sat next to her, and Gina took her place besides him.

“So, is this the big basketball game you were talking nonstop to us about?” Kris questioned.

Yoonhee beamed and nodded. “Yep! Sehun is going to come out any moment now!”

Kris softened. *You look so happy every time his name comes out of your mouth.*

“Ugh, I hate basketball games in enclosed spaces. It smells like sweat.” Gina crinkled up her nose.

“Don’t be a spoil sport.” Kris chided.

Gina made a face. Then she looked at Yoonhee with a bright expression. “You want to hit the clubs tonight?! I found a couple great ones in Myungdong!”  Kris rolled his eyes. “You’re more of a club addict than I am.”

“I’ll think about it.” Yoonhee chuckled. There was a sudden burst of cheers, and they looked up. The players had just begun to stream in.

Yoonhee stood up with large eyes. *Sehun!* She spotted him next to Chanyeol. *Sehun! Over here!* Yoonhee waved her arms.

Chanyeol turned his head and brightened. “Noona! Noona!” He jumped up and down with glee while pointing in her direction.

Sehun looked up and met eyes with her. Yoonhee smiled and waved eagerly. He saw the bracelet on her right wrist and felt comforted. With a meek smile, he went to the bleachers.

Yoonhee sat back down. “Is it just me…or does Sehun look sick?” Kris asked.

“I think he looks fine.” Gina blinked. “Quiet, cougar.” He put a finger to his lips, and she smacked his arm.

Yoonhee sighed, “I don’t know what’s wrong with him. Ever since last week, he seemed a little quiet. I’ve never seen him this way before. I wonder what’s eating him.” Kris looked at Sehun who was drinking a bottle of water. He capped it and wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

“Sehun-ah~” Inhee skipped over. He looked at her with a small smile. “Hi, Inhee. You came.”

“Of course. I wouldn’t miss this game for anything.” Inhee beamed and held out vitamin water.

“I have my own water…but thank you.” Sehun took the bottle.

“Do well, Sehun! I believe in you!” Inhee pumped her fist.

“Thanks, Inhee.” Sehun softly smiled.

She waved and turned around to smack into Chanyeol. He stumbled back with a slightly open mouth and round eyes. Inhee looked up at him and blinked. Feeling awkward, Chanyeol placed his hand on the back of his neck and stepped aside. “Y-you can go.” She walked past him, and he sighed in relief. “Hey, Chanyeol.” Inhee called. He froze. *Why did she call my name?!* His heart raced tripled its rate. Slowly, cautiously, he turned around.

Inhee smiled kindly and held out her thumbs. “Good luck in the game. You’re one of our star players.”

Chanyeol softened. Before he could come up with a cool response, she disappeared into the crowd. *She called me a star player.* A warm feeling settled on his stomach, and a genuine grin spread on his lips.

Kiwoo stood up. “All right, team. Get closer.” He waved everyone over for a pep talk. The team crowded around him. Sehun begrudgingly stood by his side. Kiwoo clapped his hands and looked at each face. “All right. Focus on the game. We’re almost at the finish line. Go out there and play the best you can. Show your family and friends what you are capable of, and bring pride to your school. You ready?!” He held out his hand.

Everyone looked at Sehun, waiting for him to put his hand in the middle. Sehun slowly stretched out his hand. Everyone smacked their hands on top of his. “Go Seoul High School!” The boys headed out to the court. “Oh Sehun.” Kiwoo called. Sehun stopped and turned back. “Look, I know you may be going through a hard time right now.” Kiwoo sympathized. *That’s an understatement.* Sehun thought.

“But for just this moment, put your head in the game. Don’t think about anyone or anything else. Just the game. Do you think you can do that for me?” Kiwoo asked. *Not for you, but I’ll do it for everyone else who is counting on me.* Sehun nodded.

Kiwoo smiled and clapped his shoulder. “I knew you could do it. Go out there and make everyone proud.”

Sehun stiffly walked into the court, secretly seething. *I hate the way he smiles at me like everything is okay. I can tell he’s belittling me.*

“Yo, Sehun! This way!” Chanyeol waved him over. Kyungpyo snickered as Sehun passed by. “Don’t miss.”

Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. He was this close to lashing out his anger on Kyungpyo.

Sehun and Hojin, the captain of Jamsil’s basketball team, met in the center. “I want a friend, clean game, all right?” The referee eyed the two. Sehun nodded. Hojin and all 180 centimeters of him looked fierce and determined. Sehun could already predict that this was going to be one hell of a game. The referee stepped back and blew the whistle. The ball was tossed into the air. Sehun jumped up, but Hojin was inches ahead. He threw the ball to his teammates who swiftly raced towards the net.

“GO! GO!” Kiwoo shouted. Kai reached up, but he couldn’t save the ball in time. “One for Jamsil High!” The host exclaimed. Half of the gymnasium erupted into cheers. *.* Sehun thought. He had underestimated his nemesis. “Nice going, jackass!” Kyungpyo hissed.

Chanyeol shoved him. “What are you blaming him for? Why weren’t you on defense like you should be? Retard.”

“What?!” Kyungpyo lunged towards him.

The referee came running to stop them. He blew his whistle and roared, “DIDN’T I ASK FOR A CLEAN GAME

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter