Competition

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxXhbTFOFZY

A-JAX- Hot Game

-----

Finished with lunch, Gina patted her still-slim belly. “That was a good lunch!”

“I bet. Half of these plates are yours.” Kris mused.

“We need to walk around, or I’ll become a rolling ball. Let’s go to Hankang. I haven’t been there since so long.” Gina suggested.

“Sure, let’s go!” Yoonhee smiled at Sehun, “You’re okay with that, right?”

*She wants me to come, too?* He glanced at Kris who was intently staring at him. “Er, yeah.” Sehun nodded.

“Great. We’ll go in my car.” Kris stood up. He paid for lunch, and everyone piled into his car.

Gina sat in the passenger seat while Yoonhee and Sehun sat in the back. Sehun looked around the deluxe car in awe. *Talk about luxury. These college people have money, cars, and licenses. What does a mere high school boy like me have? I don’t belong in this crowd.* He began to feel sorry for himself.

Gina checked the mirror to make sure there was nothing stuck in her teeth. Then she whirled around and flashed a heart-stopping smile at Sehun. “So, Sehun, I hear you are one heck of a basketball player.” He glanced at Yoonhee who smiled brightly and nodded. “Yeah…I guess I am good.” Sehun modestly replied.

“He’s remarkable. I’m a witness. He isn’t basketball captain for nothing.” Yoonhee verified.

Gina clapped in glee. “That is amazing! Kris is pretty good at basketball, too!” She looked at him.

Kris smirked, “I’m all right.”

“It’s not like you to be modest.” Gina stated.

“All right. I’m a basketball god. Happy?” He asked. Everyone chuckled.

Kris glanced at Sehun through the mirror. “How about we have a basketball match at Hankang River?”

Sehun blinked at the sudden request. “I didn’t bring my ball though…”

“I’m sure we can borrow someone’s there, or we’ll buy one on the way.” Kris stared at him. “What do you say? Basketball match between you and me? If you beat me, I will admit you are a basketball god. If you lose…” *I won’t let you have Zoey.*

Sehun narrowed his eyes. There was something about that challenge that provoked him. “You’re on.”

Kris smirked, “Great. Let’s play.”

-----

Gina and Yoonhee were sitting on the bleachers. Kris’s blazer was across Gina’s lap, while Sehun’s jacket was across Yoonhee’s. Yoonhee stared worriedly at the two males who seemed to be having a staring contest. “Do you think Sehun will be all right? Kris won’t hurt him…will he?” Gina waved her hand. “You worry too much. Boys will be boys. Let them have their fun.”

*I just hope no one gets hurt. Kris can become very competitive during basketball. The same goes for Sehun.* Yoonhee worriedly bit her thumbnail.

Kris and Sehun stared each other down on the court. “Are you ready for the game, squirt?” Kris smirked.

Sehun narrowed his eyes. “I’m not a squirt.”

“Oops. Sorry, kid.” Kris mended.

Sehun gritted his teeth. Out of all the nicknames, he hated that the most. “I’m not a kid either!” He hissed between his teeth.

Kris smirked. *That’s right. Get angry. Let your adrenaline take over and protect the girl you love.* “We’ll see about that.” He bounced the ball, and it went rising up into the air.

*I have to get that ball!* Sehun lunged upwards. But Kris was taller, and he snatched the ball away in no time. “Damn. He still has the skills.” Gina chuckled. All Yoonhee could see was Sehun though. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in irritation. *! I lost the ball to him.* He raced forward and tried to steal it back. Kris skillfully dribbled the ball between his legs with a pretentious smirk. “Think you got what it takes to beat me? It’s not just my height that makes this game advantageous to me. I do have some skills underneath this pretty boy facade.”

“Quit talking and just PLAY!” Sehun lunged forward.

Kris was quick though. He spun around and jumped, aiming the ball. It bounced off the board and slipped into the net easily.

“Woo! Go Kris!” Gina cheered. “That was awesome, huh?!” “Yeah… amazing…” Yoonhee’s eyes were still pinned on Sehun.

He whisked the ball from the ground. Kris smirked. “1:0. I’m winning.” *Not for very long.* Sehun showed off his basketball skills. He dribbled the ball all around and ran to the opposite end. Kris tried to block him, but Sehun was determined to win this round. *Yoonhee noona is watching me. I can’t let her see me lose!* He faked a right, and Kris actually fell for it. He was stunned when Sehun went whizzing past him. He jumped up and dunked the ball into the net.

Without thinking, Yoonhee stood up and screamed, “YES!” Sehun smirked. “1:1. We’re even now.” Kris blinked at him then slowly smirked. “Impressive.” “There is a reason why I’m the captain.” Sehun cockily remarked. Kris chuckled. *This isn’t good. I’m actually starting to like this guy.* “Last round.” He dribbled the ball back and forth.

Sehun kept his eyes on the ball. Kris swerved to the right.

Sehun calculated his move and darted towards him. He stole the ball, and Kris stood there, baffled.

“Come on, Kris! Keep up with the game! You’re letting a high school boy beat you!” Gina hollered. Yoonhee was silently rooting Sehun in her head. *Come on, Sehun! I know you can win!*

Sehun raced towards the net, jumped up, and threw the ball. Kris lunged upwards and caught the ball in no time. Sehun gawked at him. *He blocked my score!* Kris smirked. “Nice try. Maybe next time.” He spun the ball around his finger, caught it, and then dribbled it, forming an invisible eight around his legs. “Woo! Go Kris Wu! You still got it in you!” Gina cheered loudly. Kris’s grin deepened. “You h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter