Old Memories

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgxKZVVn-w0&feature=related

SHINee- Replay

-----

“Where do you want to go first?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know…” Yoonhee tapped her bottom lip in thought then brightened. “How about to my old middle school?!”

“Maehwa Middle School?” Sehun questioned.

Yoonhee nodded. “That was the last school that I went to before I headed to the States. I want to see how much it changed.”

“Okay.” Sehun agreed. They walked down the street towards the school. On the way, they spotted her old house. Yoonhee ran up to it, and Sehun followed her. She put her hands on the white gates and raised herself on her tippy toes. “Wow…they changed the paint color to blue.”

Sehun looked up at the house. Nothing had changed about her old home except it wasn’t red anymore, but blue.

Yoonhee tilted her head and nodded slowly. “The new color suits it.”

Sehun stepped up to the gate and stood next to her. He turned his head and stared down at her. Sehun realized he didn’t have to look up anymore to meet her eyes. She was tall for a female, but he was still a few inches taller than her. “Did you miss your house?” Sehun asked.

Yoonhee smiled at all the good memories about this house that she cherished and nodded. “Yeah. There were a lot of good things that happened here. I was born and raised here. I had all of my birthday parties up to age fourteen in the backyard. And…I met you here, too.” She turned her head to look at him. His insides turned into mush, and his eyes softened. “Noona…”

Just maybe…perhaps…Yoonhee had had a crush on him, too?

Was it possible that he was her first love also?

Hope bloomed in his heart, and he reached out for her.

Before he could stir any romantic feelings, Yoonhee smiled and turned around. “Let’s go! I can’t wait to see my old middle school!”

And the moment was lost just like that.

Sehun sighed and lowered his head in disillusionment.

“Come on, Sehun!” Yoonhee called and motioned for him to follow her. Sehun scratched his head, put his hands in his pockets, and walked after her.

They arrived at Maehwa Middle School. Since it was a Saturday, the place was vacant. “Wow…it’s exactly as I remember it.” Yoonhee touched the black gate and gave it a little shove. It opened with a creak, and she stepped inside. Sehun was unsure whether they were allowed on school campus or not on the weekends. Nonetheless, he followed her.

Yoonhee pointed to the field on her left. “That was where I learned to play soccer with our gym teacher Mr. Lee. I remember all the girls had a crush on him.” She giggled.

*Even you?* Sehun wanted to ask.

Yoonhee continued to walk up to the building. She entered and looked around the empty place. Seeing the empty school in the daytime, it looked idyllic and blissful.

No loud, obnoxious students. No bossy teachers. No hectic schedules.

“Oh my god! My old homeroom!” Yoonhee raced down the hallway like a little kid and swept into the last room of the hallway. Sehun walked inside to find her going up and down the aisles. She placed her fingertips on the desks and smiled at the little notes carved or marked on there. Yoonhee stopped at one of the desks in the center and looked back at Sehun. “I sat right here. My best friend in middle school- Im Yewon, I think her name was- sat right next to me. We would pass notes to each other during class. One time, we were caught and had to sit outside with our arms in the air.” She laughed at the memory.

His lips curved upward at the thought of angelic Yoonhee getting into trouble.

Yoonhee sat down and read all the nonsensical markings. There were declarations of crushes, snide remarks, and first and last names written on the desks. “Hey, I remember this one!” Yoonhee peered at her desk closely and read the comment. “ ‘I love Yoo Hani.’” She sat up straight with a smile. “I used to wonder who on earth Yoo Hani was. Then I would think how lucky she was because a guy was brave enough to declare his love for her.”

If Sehun knew she would have been impressed by something like this, he would have written declarations of love for her on every single desk in the school.

Yoonhee stood up and went up to the front of the room. She grabbed a piece of chalk and began to write a math problem on the board. He leaned back against a desk and crossed his arms. Yoonhee spun around and pointed the chalk at him. “You. Answer this question now!”

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “I thought you were an English teacher.”

“Then would you like me to teach you some English vocabulary?” Yoonhee smirked.

Sehun stood up and snatched the chalk away from her. If there was one subject he in, it was English. His damn tongue couldn’t ever enunciate those difficult English words. It was like he was cursed with an inability to speak anything with the English alphabet in it. Sehun coolly walked up to the board and did the long division problem easily and swiftly. “There.” He set the chalk down and smirked at her.

“Wow…” Yoonhee stared at the board in awe then beamed proudly at him. “You’re so smart.”

“This isn’t anything.” Sehun flicked his hand.

“I remember when you asked me what two plus two was.” She giggled. *I was little, and that was just an excuse. I knew my times table by then, but I wanted another reason to spend time with you.* He thought.

“Clearly you don’t need my help for math anymore. Let’s go.” Yoonhee spun around and sauntered out the door.

Sehun erased the board and went after her. They leisurely strolled down the hallway.

Yoonhee stopped by a classroom, and her eyes rounded. “It’s the music room!” She walked inside and looked around the familiar place. Memories of dancing and singing in here made her heart grow warm. Yoonhee stopped by the piano and pressed a finger on a white key.

“Do you still know how to play the piano, noona?” Sehun asked as he grazed his finger across a black note.

“A bit. I haven’t played in so long though.” She mused. “Play for me.” He murmured.

Yoonhee sat down in front of the piano and placed her long, slender fingers over the keys. She began to play a song by Tchaikovsky. He watched her in amazement. He admired the way her fingers effortlessly floated over the piano keys. It was like they were dancing, and her expression was so serene and beautiful that he wanted to kiss her right then. Sehun mentally smacked himself for thinking such forbidden thoughts again. Yoonhee stopped playing and sheepishly placed her hands in her lap. “I forgot the rest. Sorry.”

“It was…wonderful, noona. You still have your musical skills.”

“Yep. Do you still have yours?” Yoonhee eyed him with shining eyes. Then she placed her hands over the keys and began to play Chopsticks. Sehun stared at her in surprise. *She remembers!*

“What are you waiting for? Come on!” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter