Old Flames

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y-VRnB8Qn4

Wax- Tears are Falling

-----

That night, Yoonhee opened an old shoebox that used to hold her ugg boots from three years ago. Now, it was filled with memories: movie ticket stubs, photos, a pink rose that had been carefully pressed flatly, tickets to musicals and amusement parks, Mickey Mouse ears from Disney World two years ago, and so much more.

Yoonhee pulled out the stack of photos and looked through each one. Most of them were recollections of her adventurous days with Kris and Gina. There was one picture from a Halloween party that made her smile. She had been Tinker Belle, Gina had been the tooth fairy, and Kris was a fashionable vampire without the fangs. She was standing between her best friends with her arms around their waists.

Gina’s smile matched her dazzling outfit, which she had made herself. Kris was grinning at the camera, and he looked even more handsome than Edward Cullen himself.

Yoonhee flipped to the next photo, and her expression softened. This was the photo that she had been looking for.

It was a Polaroid picture from a Christmas gathering with her college friends. Kris and Gina were there as well, and standing next to Yoonhee was none other than Lee Kiwoo. He appeared a bit younger, and his hair was slightly longer. She went back to that fateful day when he had entered her life.

-----

Yoonhee glanced at her clock. *Oh no! I’m late for dinner! Gina and Kris are going to give me an earful when I arrive.* She hugged her textbooks to her chest, fixed the strap of her purse on her shoulder, and quickly skittered across college campus towards the apartment she shared with Gina. She swung a left and plowed right into someone.

“Oh!” Yoonhee crashed onto the ground with her belongings sailing all around her.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” A tall, lanky man with a heavy English accent spoke. He bent down to retrieve her books.

“No, it’s not your fault. I should have watched where I was going. Sorry. I was in a hurry.” Yoonhee replied in English and reached for the last book on the ground. Instead of touching the book, her cold, pale hand landed on top of the stranger’s. She jolted and looked up in shock.

A Korean male with slightly long black hair was staring back at her. His eyes were a deep shade of brown, and he had a sharp, chiseled jaw. *He’s Korean.* Yoonhee thought, dazed. There weren’t many Korean people in her college. Meeting one was rare, especially one that seemed to be from out-of-town. She could tell because of his heavy accent. The shrill ringing of her phone made her wake up from her daze. She gave the man an apologetic look and pulled out her phone. She saw her roommate’s name flash across the screen.

“Shoot.” Yoonhee quickly answered. “Gina! I’m sorry! Class ended late! I’m coming home right now!” She hung up, shoved her phone in her pocket, and stood up. The male towered over her and held out the books.

“Thank you.” Yoonhee bowed. She took her books and hurried past him.

“I’m home!” Yoonhee called. The smell of ravioli made her stomach grumble.

“You’re late!” Gina hollered. Kris’s head poked out from the kitchen, and he waved at her with a dashing grin. “Welcome home, Zoey!”

Yoonhee smiled. For a moment, the giant Korean stranger left her mind. Never did she think she would run into him again.

--------

“Hey! Welcome to the Society of Future Teachers!” The president of the club called.

“Thanks.” Yoonhee smiled.

“Looking good, Zoey.” A few of her schoolmates teased and hugged her. She laughed and chatted with them in perfect English.

“We have a new member.” Charles, one of her friends, revealed.

“New member?” Yoonhee blinked, intrigued.

“Hey, Kiwoo! Come here!” He called. *Kiwoo. The name sounds Korean.* She turned her head, and her eyes widened in recognition. It was the man she had run into two nights ago. He seemed to have recognized her also because he stopped walking and started to stare at her.

Charles slapped his hand over Kiwoo’s shoulder with a big grin. “Meet Kiwoo Lee. He came from Korea just a few weeks ago.” He grinned between the two. “You can get along with Zoey, Kiwoo. She’s Korean also!”

“You’re Korean?” Kiwoo asked in Korean. Yoonhee nodded and replied in perfect Korean. “Yes, I’m Korean.”

*Really?* His eyes sparkled in interest. He had finally met a fellow Korean on this foreign campus.

After the meeting, there was plenty of time for socializing. Yoonhee laughed at the jokes her friends made. From the corner of her eye, she saw Kiwoo walk out to the patio. *Is he not having a good time? Of course not. He’s new, so he must not know anyone.* Yoonhee thought. She excu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter