April 12

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgbkBpqOekM

BAP- Happy Birthday

----

The backyard became rowdy with nonstop laughter and loud chatter.

“Sehun! You have another guest!” Mrs. Oh beamed.

*Who? Everyone I invited is accounted for…* He looked up, and his jaw dropped in shock.

“Coach!” The basketball team called out. Yoonhee’s eyes widened. *What is sunbae doing here?*

She looked at Sehun. Seeing his reaction, she knew Kiwoo hadn’t been on the guest list.

Kiwoo smiled and waved, “Hey, guys.”

“W-what are you doing here?” Sehun asked.

“Oh Sehun! Don’t be rude!” Mrs. Oh sent him a look to behave. “I invited your coach. Why not have your favorite teacher here also to celebrate the special day?”

*Clearly, she doesn’t know that he’s my least favorite teacher.* Sehun thought.

“He can also keep Yoonhee company.” Mrs. Oh smiled. Yoonhee turned red as Kiwoo fixed his gaze on her.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. He disliked that idea.

Kiwoo approached Sehun and held out a gift bag. “Happy birthday, Oh Sehun. I hope you’ll gain another year of wisdom and do your best to lead the team to victory.” Sehun warily took the bag and bowed. “Thanks, Coach…” Kiwoo nodded with a kind smile. He looked towards Yoonhee and walked towards her. *No! Don’t go near her!* Sehun watched him.

“Hey, what did coach get you?!” Everyone huddled around him.

“Sunbae…you came.” Yoonhee gave him a small smile. “Yeah, I figured I would keep you company. We’re the only ones over twenty at this party. We have to stick together.” Kiwoo chuckled.

“Yoonhee! Take some food to Coach Lee!” Mrs. Oh called from inside. “I’m coming!” Yoonhee replied. “I’ll be right back, sunbae.” She quickly walked into the house. Kiwoo looked around then followed her inside.

Sehun’s frown grew. *Why is he following her like a damn dog?! Didn’t he come to the party for me?! He probably used my birthday as an excuse to get closer to Yoonhee noona.*

“The food is being heated up. Just take the plate to Coach Lee when it’s done. I’m going to be upstairs.” Mrs. Oh patted her shoulder and left. Yoonhee walked up to the microwave and watched the plate rotate. “Staying so near the microwave isn’t good for you.” Kiwoo said from behind.

She turned around, “Sunbae…” He leaned against the counter. “I’m actually not hungry.”

“You should still eat.” Yoonhee said. The microwave beeped, signaling that the food was done. Yoonhee pushed the button, and the door of the microwave sprang open. She took the plate and set it on the kitchen counter. “Eat, sunbae. I’ll get you some punch.” Yoonhee went to the refrigerator, pulled out a cup, and poured fruit punch into the cup. She brought it over to the table and sat across from Kiwoo.

“Did you eat?” He asked. “I ate a lot, including cake.” She smiled.

Kiwoo chuckled, “I remember. You love sweets. You love baking.” He stopped eating and looked at her. “I haven’t ate your cookies in a while. They were my favorite. Will you make them for me sometime?”

“Maybe on your birthday I will.” Yoonhee said. Kiwoo flashed a warm smile.

“Finish eating.” She encouraged. He picked up the fork and continued to eat.

Outside, the guests were suggesting different games to play.

“Hey, how about we go to Insadong?” One proposed. “That sounds fun! Let’s go!” Everyone cheered.

“Okay…” Sehun led everyone inside. He halted when he saw Kiwoo and Yoonhee at the table. Everyone stopped also and stared at their teachers.

Yoonhee looked back with large eyes. “Are you all going somewhere?”

“We’re going to Insadong!” One boy grinned. “You should come with us, noona.” Sehun said softly to her.

Kiwoo looked at Yoonhee. Before she could answer, Inhee nudged him, “Sehun-ah. You can’t invite the teachers. Why would they want to join us students? It doesn’t make sense.” Everyone uncomfortably shifted as they dodged their gaze.

Yoonhee bit her lower lip. *I guess she’s right. They would think we’re chaperones if we went with them. We would be a burden.* She pasted on a smile and shook her head. “You guys go ahead. I’d rather stay here.”

Sehun’s face fell, “But noona-“

Inhee brightened, “Let’s go, Sehun!” She linked arms with him and led him away.

“Bye, teachers.” The students waddled past them. Chanyeol looked back with a sad pout. “Yoon Yoon noona…”

“Let’s go.” Suho led him away. The door closed after them.

Yoonhee sighed and stared at the floor. She was the one who refused the invitation, so why did she fell so left out? Kiwoo studied her glum expression. *Did Inhee’s words hurt her?* “Hey.” Yoonhee looked up. He reached across, squeezed her hand, and gave her a comforting smile. “How about we go have fun by ourselves? We can go to a bar where high school students can’t go.”

Yoonhee chuckled halfheartedly, “I don’t feel like drowning my ‘old age’ in alcohol right now.”

“Then we can go get coffee. I’ll even buy you a cupcake. You like those, don’t you?” Kiwoo asked.

Yoonhee softly smiled, grateful of his effort to cheer her up. “Sure, sunbae.” He smiled and pulled her up. “Let’s go, Kim Yoonhee.”

------

Right when the dismissal bell rang on Monday, Yoonhee grabbed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter