In the Thunderstorm

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y-VRnB8Qn4

Wax- Tears are Falling

----

“I can’t believe this was where you wanted to take me.” Yoonhee laughed.

Kiwoo raised an eyebrow at her. “What is so funny about wanting to bring you to an amusement park?”

“Nothing. I just…I’m twenty-one years old, sunbae.” She smiled. “So? I’m twenty-four.” He shrugged.

Yoonhee bit her lower lip and looked around at the laughing children around them.

“Come on, Yoonhee. Lighten up. Amusement parks aren’t only for kids. They’re for adults, too. See those couples over there?” Kiwoo pointed. She saw a couple taking pictures with cute headbands in their hair. “See?” He softly smiled at her. “Age doesn’t matter. Who cares as long as you’re enjoying yourself?”

She slowly nodded and a smile spread on her face. “You’re right. I love Disneyland back in America, too.”

“That’s the spirit. Now, how about we go ride the carousel?” He asked.

Yoonhee burst into laughter. “Ah, sunbae! You’re impossible.”

“Will you ride with me or not?” Kiwoo held out his hand.

She thought about it, smiled, and took his hand. He squeezed her hand and led her to the ride. After hours of screaming and laughing on all sorts of rides, they decided to call it a day and just walk around the theme park. Yoonhee rested her arms on the railing of the wooden bridge and looked beyond the dazzling scenery. There were little sailboats floating in the water, and beautiful tulips covered the garden. A soft smile came on her face. *I should bring Sehun here. We haven’t been to an amusement park together in a while.*

“Yoonhee-ah!” Kiwoo ran over. She looked back and straightened up. “Sorry I came late. The line was long. Here’s your cocoa. Careful, it’s hot.” He handed it to her. “Thanks, sunbae.” She smiled.

“Should we walk over there?” Kiwoo suggested. “Sure.” Yoonhee nodded.

Side-by-side, they traipsed across the bridge. “How did you like the day so far? Did you have fun?” Kiwoo asked. Yoonhee chuckled with a nod, “Yeah, surprisingly, I had fun. I felt like I went back to my childhood.” He smiled, glad that she had enjoyed the amusement park. “Besides,” She glanced up at him with amusement. “I found it funny how you were screaming like a girl on that water ride.”

His smile vanished. “Hey!” She giggled.

“Don’t you dare tell the basketball team that! They won’t take me seriously anymore.” He wagged his finger. She put her finger to her lips with a wink. “Don’t worry, sunbae. Your secret is safe with me.”

Yoonhee giggled some more. Kiwoo softly gazed at her. *She’s so pretty.*

Finished with the cocoa, she tossed the empty cup into the trashcan. Without anything to warm her hands, Yoonhee rubbed them together and blew hot air over them. “Are you cold?” Kiwoo asked. “A little.” She admitted. “You should dress warmer.” He stopped and took his scarf off his neck. Kiwoo wrapped the scarf around her neck. “Oh, no, sunbae-“ Yoonhee began, but he pushed her hands away. “Listen to me. You’ll catch a cold if you don’t.” She softened, touched.

Yoonhee watched him and felt warmth graze her heart. It had been a while since someone had taken care of her this way.

“Better?” Kiwoo warmly smiled. She shyly smiled in response. “Good.” He her bangs once and pulled away. Her heart fluttered at his tender touch. Stunned, she paused for a while before following him. Kiwoo saw an ice rink and stopped in his steps. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his coat and gazed at the fun scene. Families were laughing and chatting happily as they skated across the smooth ice. Yoonhee stopped by his side and watched them also.

“Remember our ice skating escapade?” Kiwoo asked. Yoonhee chuckled, “I remember you falling flat on your .”

He made a face, and she laughed loudly. “Why didn’t you tell us you couldn’t ice skate?!”

“Because I wanted to impress the girl that I loved.” He replied.

Yoonhee stopped laughing with wide eyes. She waited for him to say “just kidding” but that wasn’t happening. She turned to him and waited. “Yoonhee.” Kiwoo faced her and gazed at her with utmost sincerity. “You know my feelings for you, don’t you?” She didn’t reply. “I made it clear in America, but I never got to express it to you clearly. I…love you, Yoonhee.” A sharp intake of breath made it difficult for her to breathe. *Kiwoo sunbae…is in love with me?*

“Ever since I first met you on that fateful day, I fell for you. The only reason that I stayed in America for so long was to be with you. You made my days brighter, and I looked forward to every day because of you.” Now, he was rambling.

*Oh my god. I can’t believe I’m being confessed to right now.* She closed her eyes.

“Yoonhee.” Kiwoo softly called. “Hmm?” She opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“In America, I wanted to confess to you so badly, but before I could I had to go back to Korea…” Kiwoo looked at her with excitement. “But I can’t believe I met you again. It’s like fate. Right when I saw you at Seoul High School, I was determined not to let you get away again.” Yoonhee softened, “Sunbae…”

“Don’t worry. I won’t pressure you. You don’t have to answer me now. Take your time. Just know that I’ll always be here for you, okay?” Kiwoo searched her face. Slowly, she nodded, “Okay.” He smiled, happy that she agreed. Kiwoo turned towards the rink and stretched his arms widely. “I’m glad I got that off my chest! It’s been bothering me for two years!”

Yoonhee softly chuckled, knowing that he wanted to break the awkward atmosphere.

Kiwoo smiled her way. *I finally told you what is inside my heart. I’ll give you as much time as you need…but I hope you’ll accept my confession. I really am in love with you, Kim Yoonhee.*

------

Sehun heard the front door open and Mrs. Oh greet Yoonhee. *She’s finally back. I wonder where she had gone to.* He thought. “Did you eat dinner yet, Yoonhee?” Mrs. Oh asked. “Yes, I did.” She nodded. “Good! But just in case you’re hungry, the leftovers are in the fridge. Mr. Oh and I are going to a charity banquet tonight.” Mrs. Oh fixed her dazzling earrings.

Yoonhee glanced out at the heavy sky. “It looks like it’s going to rain.”

“We’ll take an umbrella.” Mrs. Oh smiled.

“Have a good time.” Yoonhee waved.

“We will!” Mrs. Oh waved and left to meet Mr. Oh in the car.

Yoonhee shut the door and locked it as well. She glanced up at the staircase and wondered what Sehun was up to. *Maybe he’s out, or maybe he’s playing computer games. Or maybe he’s chatting with Inhee.* The last thought made her stomach curl defensively. Quietly, Yoonhee snuck up the staircase. She glanced at Sehun’s room. She could hear music from the other side of the door. *He’s home.* Yoonhee tiptoed to her room and opened the door. “Noona.”

“Ah!” Surprised, she jumped and bonked her head on the doorway.

“Owowow.” Yoonhee bit her lip in agony and crumpled into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter