A Memorable Christmas

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vcCVn8Pvk

G.Na- Loving You

-----

 

In the early afternoon, the doorbell rang again. Yoonhee came down and opened the door.

A postman held out two large boxes. “Is Kim Yoonhee here?”

“That would be me.” She replied.

“These are for you. Please sign here.” He held out his ipad.

*Who are these from?* “You guys deliver on Christmas, too?” Yoonhee signed her English name on it.

“Only for special cases. You must have influential friends.” He shrugged and left.

*Influential friends?* Yoonhee could only think of two people who would go so far for her. She looked down at the senders’ names and smiled knowingly. *I knew it. Gina and Kris, you sillies.*

Wondering what they had gotten her, she skipped up to her room. Yoonhee shut the door and sat on her bed. She opened Gina’s gift first. It was a lovely, striped tote that she had made herself. Yoonhee smiled and carried the purse to her body-length mirror. *It matches me perfectly. I can always rely on Gina to have good taste.* She walked back to her bed and set the purse in the box. *I wonder what Kris got me.*

Yoonhee tore open the shiny, red wrapping paper and pulled the top open. Her expression turned into one of flat amusement. She raised an eyebrow in slight disappointment as she held the flashy silk lingerie in front of her. It was something she would never wear. He knew that, and still he dared buy her something so embarrassingly y. Shaking her head, she put the gift back in the box. Yoonhee picked up Gina’s purse and looked inside. There was a small piece of paper, and she picked up to read it.

‘As soon as you see this, go on Skype. We’ll be waiting! XOXO Gina.’

Yoonhee smiled, grabbed her laptop, and logged onto Skype. Instantly, she received a call from her best friend.

Yoonhee accepted and Gina flashed on the screen. The lively, unreserved Gina Choi looked gorgeous with her newly dyed hair. It was light brown at the top, but the ends were died flashy pink. *Just like Gina Choi.* Yoonhee smiled affectionately.

“Hey, girl! What’s up!” Gina greeted in English with a wink.

“Merry Christmas, Gina.” Yoonhee beamed and waved.

“It’s only Christmas Eve here, sweetie.” Gina tapped her glossy bottom lip and blew her bangs out of the way.

“Okay, my mistake.” Yoonhee chuckled. “So, what are you doing on the magical Christmas Eve?”

Gina pouted. “It’s not magical without you by my side. You and I are supposed to be hitting the clubs, getting drunk, and hooking up with hot guys tonight. But no. You just had to leave me, and go to another country. I hate you for ruining my life.”

“I love so much, babe.” Yoonhee kissed her fingertips and blew a kiss towards the screen. Gina caught the ‘kiss’ and put it to her heart. “Damn you for being so sweet.”

Yoonhee laughed loudly and shook her head. Gina could always make her laugh no matter what.

“Is that Zoey?” A recognizable male voice asked.

“Do you have to ask?” Gina rolled her eyes.

Yoonhee leaned back with wide eyes as another face zoomed up to the screen. The handsome male smirked. “Well what do you know. It is Zoey Kim. Move over.” He pushed Gina carelessly.

“Hey- what the- ugh! You’re so annoying!” Gina yelled with an irritated glare at him as she was forced to scoot across the red velvet sofa.

Kris sat next to her and waved at the screen. “Hello there, beautiful.” He drawled in lazy English.

Yoonhee chuckled and shook her head. *Flirty as usual. That never seems to change about him. “Hi, handsome.”

Kris flashed a charming grin. “I am that, aren’t I?”

“You’re also big-headed and pompous. Move over!” Gina threw her cushion at him and scooted closer to the screen.

“Do you see the way she treats me? I don’t know why I still hang around her.” Kris rolled his eyes.

“Then don’t hang out with me. See if I care. No more free beer for you.” Gina tossed her pink curls over her shoulder and smiled sweetly at Yoonhee. Kris stuck out his tongue at her. “I will hang out with you, but only for the beer.” Gina rolled her eyes, and Yoonhee laughed. “You two haven’t changed at all. When will you two stop bickering like little children?”

“He/She started it!” They both pointed at each other. “You two are impossible.” Yoonhee tossed her hands in the air.

“Well that’s what happens when the mediator is gone.” Kris shrugged. “Yeah,” Gina pointed out. “It’s your fault! You abandoned us!”

Yoonhee shrugged good-naturedly. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder. You both will realize how big my empty spot is and come to love me more.”

“I miss you already.” Kris pouted. “Oh, shut up! Don’t act all cutesy, cause we know you’re anything but cute.” Gina snapped.

Kris raised an eyebrow and eyed her. “Are you subtly indicating that I’m hot? I love you, Gina. I really do. But we can’t be anything but friends. Sleeping with you would be like sleeping with my sister, and that would be really weird.” Gina’s expression flattened. Yoonhee bit her lower lip to keep from bursting into laughter. Kris wrapped a comforting arm around her. “I hate to be the one to break your heart, love.”

Gina shrugged his arm off her shoulder with a roll of her eyes. “I hate to break your ego, but really Kris, I would rather get married to George Clooney than be romantically connected with you in any way.”

“You think George Clooney is hot.” Yoonhee pointed out.

“Yeah, but he’s like what…60?” Gina shrugged.

“Keep telling yourself that you’re not attracted to me~” Kris whistled as he sat back on the sofa.

Gina massaged her temples. “I do. Every single second that I’m alive, and I thank God that we’re nothing but best friends. May the Lord bless your future wife. She has hell to deal with.” Yoonhee cracked up while Kris frowned in disapproval. Gina grinned and winked at her. “So, darling, did you get my gift?”

Yoonhee beamed and nodded. “I did.” Yoonhee held the tote out. “You made this, didn’t you?”

“Of course!” Gina crossed her right leg over her left one with a smug grin. “Who else would make such adorable bags?”

“Uh, Gucci, Michael Kors, Juicy Couture…” Kris named off.

Gina raised an eyebrow at him. “You really want to be kicked out of my place, don’t you?”

Yoonhee shook her head and clucked her tongue. Kris cleared his throat and leaned towards the screen. “Did you get my gift?”

“As a matter of fact, I did.” Yoonhee admitted. “Do you like it?” Kris grinned. “I got the same thing for Gina.”

“And almost got his kicked out of here.” Gina shot him a look.

Kris kissed his fingertips and touched her forehead. Gina swatted his hand away and fixed her bangs.

Yoonhee reached back and held up the lingerie. “You know…I’m curious. How do you know my size?”

Kris pointed to his eyes. “These work. I’m like a human x-ray machine. I see through everything.”

Gina and Yoonhee both gave him wary, alarmed looks and covered their chests. Kris rolled his eyes. “Not literally. Damn you two.” The girls laughed loudly, and his lips tugged upwards into a lop-sided grin. “Well, thank you for the gifts. Did you get my presents, too?” Yoonhee asked.

“I got the beautiful shoes in the mail. Thank you, lovely.” Gina sent another kiss.

“I got my cufflinks, too. As you can see, I am wearing them.” Kris held his wrists out.

Yoonhee clapped. “Bravo. Would you like mommy to reward you?”

“Yeah, good job, little boy.” Gina snickered.

Kris looked at them and feigned a depressed sigh. “Why do you two always team up against me like this?”

“Cause we’re hot, and you’re not.” Gina and Yoonhee pressed their lips against their fingertips and waved at him.

“I taught you two that.” He scowled, causing them to burst into laughter.

“Aww, guys. I missed you.” Yoonhee smiled longingly. All of a sudden, she was beginning to feel homesick.

Gina softened. “Aww, sweetie, we miss you, too.” Kris smiled genuinely with a nod. “Yeah, Zoey. Your empty spot is growing bigger every day. We want you to come home.”

*Home?* Yoonhee softly smiled at the thought of America where her parents and friends were. Then she thought of Sehun and wondered if she really wanted to go back when someone who she has known since her childhood was here right across the hallway.

-----

Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

Sehun stopped browsing the internet and glanced back. *Who keeps ringing the doorbell?* He heard his mother’s tinkling voice downstairs. She laughed and responded to the visitor. A few seconds later, he heard her calling his name. Wondering who was here, Sehun left his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter