Unexpected News

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrh0xF272_Q

As One- Day by Day

-----

Weeks had passed since Sehun’s graduation. Since then, it had been nothing but relaxing bliss.

Until the day Yoonhee received a letter from NYU.

She took a deep breath to calm her beating heart. *Open it, you coward! You never know what you will do with your future until you do.* Yoonhee took the letter opener and cut the envelope open. Trembling, she pulled out the letter with closed eyes. *Take a look!* She opened one eye and glanced down.

Congratulations Zoey Kim! You have been accepted to our prestigious Teaching Master’s Program…

fell open. She was too dazed to finish the letter. *I made it. I actually got into the program!* Yoonhee wanted to celebrate, but she was too stunned to. On top of that, Sehun came to her mind, and she grew speechless. *Sehun won’t like this news.*

At that exact moment, there was a knock on the door.

Yoonhee quickly stuffed the letter back into the envelope and stuck it under her bed before the door opened.

Sehun smiled. “Hey, noona. Dad is starting a grill out back. Come out and join the barbeque.”

“I will.” Yoonhee meekly smiled. “Just let me, um, wash my hands.”

“Okay.” Sehun waved and left.

Yoonhee exhaled. She sank onto the floor and pulled the letter back out from under the duvet. *Oh Sehun…mianhae.*

------

After a festive dinner, Sehun and Yoonhee decided to take a walk around the block. He chatted about his college orientation as they went around the block for the second time. Sehun glanced down and saw that he was doing most of the talking. Yoonhee was just staring at the ground with a blank expression. “Noona.” He called. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at him. “Huh?”

“What’s wrong? You’re so quiet. That’s so unlike you.” Sehun chuckled as he lightly shook her hand.

“Oh. I was?” Yoonhee forced a small smile.

“Yeah. You were quiet at dinner. Is something wrong?” He asked. “No, nothing is wrong. In fact… everything is perfect.” She admitted.

“That’s good.” Sehun smiled and swung her hand.

Yoonhee couldn’t take it anymore. She felt like she was lying to him. *He has a right to know. After all, it will affect him the most.* Yoonhee stopped walking and grabbed his arm. “Sehun…” He halted and gave her a curious look. “Yeah?” “We…we need to talk.” She confessed.

“Talk?” Sehun asked, wary and confused. “Yeah, come sit down.” Yoonhee led him to a quiet spot under the leafy tree.

She sat down first, and he sat next to her.

“Is everything all right?” Sehun asked. “Yeah…at least, I think it will be.” Yoonhee gave him a weak smile.

*Will be?* “What are you talking about?” He asked. There was something unsettling about the way she was looking at him. Her eyes were full of…pity. He knew he wasn’t going to like whatever she said next.

“I’m going back to New York.” Yoonhee whispered. Sehun stayed still. The wind rustled past them. He pretended that it was the wind that had whispered the cold, unexpected news to him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you because of the stupid wind. What did you say?”

Yoonhee looked into his eyes. “I’m going home.”

“Your home is here. With me.” Sehun announced, panic rising in his voice.

“I mean home…as in where my parents are.” Yoonhee revealed.

Sehun stood up abruptly. “Why? Why did you decide to leave now? My parents approved of us! We are in love! Everything is perfect!”

Yoonhee yanked him back down. “I agree. Everything is perfect.”

“Then why do you want to leave me?” Sehun whispered, hurt.

“I don’t want to leave you.” Yoonhee cupped his cheek and tenderly caressed the skin underneath his eye. “But I have to go for my future.”

“Aren’t I your future?” He asked. She smiled softly. “You are part of my future, yes. But I need to go for my career. I applied to NYU’s master program weeks ago…and I got accepted.”

“Wait…wait…” Sehun stood up, paced around, and spun around with an accusing glare. “You applied weeks ago, and you didn’t bother to tell me?!”

Yoonhee stood up to placate him. “I didn’t tell you because I wasn’t sure I would get accepted. Why would I want to trouble you with something uncertain?”

“But now you’re certain you want to leave.” He frowned sullenly. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“I just…I can’t believe you didn’t tell me about this!” Sehun fumed as he rubbed the back of his head furiously. He turned away from her and exhaled in exasperation. This was something he hadn’t unexpected.

An asteroid landing on earth and wiping out all of mankind? Sure.

His girlfriend leaving to New York for maybe a year or two? Definitely not.

“How long are you planning to stay in New York?” Sehun asked.

“Two years.” Yoonhee winced, knowing what his response would be.

“WHAT?!” Sehun whirled around with wide eyes. “TWO YEARS?!” She bit her lower lip. She had expected him to blow up.

“What the- - I can’t believe this!” He spun around again and gripped onto his hair. His heart pounded madly in his chest. This time, it wasn’t out of love but out of…fear. *How am I supposed to endure two years without her by my side? I can’t even stand two minutes away from her. I miss her every second, and she lives in the same house as me, damn it! We barely started our relationship. We finally got back together. But now she’s going away for two freaking long years?! Might as well send me to hell, God!*

“I’ll visit during vacation…” She made a weak attempt to cheer him up.

“Two years…” Sehun whispered, stunned.

Yoonhee saw how disappointed he was. It wasn’t easy for her either. Sighing, she approached him. “Look, Sehun. I don’t want to fight with you about this. I know it’s hurting you, but it hurts me, too. I don’t want to be separated from you, but I don’t have a choice. This was a prog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter