First Love

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnLU6MeAilk&feature=plcp

Ailee- Love Note

----

Six-year old Sehun looked around the vast, strange house with his wide, curious eyes. He had never been here before. The lady who lived here was a good friend of his mother. He was a little bit familiar with her, since his mother took him out to meet her often. The lady was kind with a pretty smile. She always bought Sehun yummy snacks, which to the naïve boy meant that she was the equivalence of an angel.

“Sehun-ah!” Mrs. Oh called.

He turned around and blinked up at his mother. She stooped down and combed her fingers gently through his brown hair. “Mommy has to go to art school to teach. You can be a big boy and stay with ahjumma, can’t you?” Unsure, he gaped up at her. *She’s leaving me in a stranger’s house all by myself?!*

Mrs. Kim walked into the room with a friendly smile. “How about I make snacks for you, Sehun-ah? You like crackers with cheese and ham, don’t you?” He did, but he didn’t know if that was worth staying with her. “Also, my daughter will be home soon. She’s older than you, but she’s very nice. You can play with her.” Mrs. Kim offered.

Sehun tapped his bottom lip. He blinked up at his mother. “When will you come back?”

“Soon, sweetie.” She assured. He paused then nodded. “Okay. I’ll stay.”

Mrs. Oh beamed. “That’s my big boy.” She planted a kiss on his forehead and stood up.

The women exchanged jokes, giggled, and said their farewells. Mrs. Kim took Sehun’s hand and let him to the door. “Say bye to mommy.” She waved. Sehun lifted up a hand and waved. “Mommy will be back soon!” Mrs. Oh blew a kiss, thanked her friend again, and left. Mrs. Kim looked down at Sehun and smiled. “How about we make our snack now? We can also make some for Yoonhee.”

*Yoonhee.* The name swirled in the little boy’s mind.

They went into the kitchen, and Mrs. Kim fetched the ingredients for the snacks. She a popular children’s television show, and they made the afternoon snack together. Most of his crackers were stacked lopsided with way too many slices of cheese. Sehun nibbled on the cheese and stared at the puppet figures dancing on the screen.

Mrs. Kim checked the clock on the wall. “Hmm…Yoonhee should be coming home by now.”

At that precise moment, the front door flung open. “I’m back~” A sweet, energized voice called.

Sehun tore his gaze away from the screen and looked back. A sweet-looking girl in overalls with a ponytail darted inside. She stopped by the table with a wide grin. “I’m back from school!” Sehun’s mouth literally dropped open, and the slice of cheese fell onto the carpet, forgotten. In front of him was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. Her dazzling smile was what captured him the most.

“You are, my little girl! Give me a kiss!” Mrs. Kim urged with her arms wide open.

Yoonhee hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek.

Sehun swallowed hard and tapped his finger on the table, slightly hoping the girl would kiss him on the cheek also.

“How was your day?” Mrs. Kim asked. “Good! The girls and I won the soccer game against the boys! And I got a prize for the best drawing! Do you want to see?!” Yoonhee zipped open her backpack and pulled out a colorful drawing of a horse in a barn. This girl in front of him even knew how to draw without using stick figures! To Sehun, she was a goddess.

“That is beautiful.” Mrs. Kim beamed proudly. She glanced at Sehun, and her smile grew. “We have a guest, Yoonhee~”

“Guest?” Yoonhee finally turned her attention to him.

Sehun actually ducked and covered his face.

Mrs. Kim laughed. “Sehun, what’s wrong?”

*The angel is looking at me.* Sehun thought. His heart was hammering nervously in his chest.

Mrs. Kim giggled. “Don’t be shy, Sehun-ah~ Yoonhee won’t bite you.”

Slowly, he uncovered his face and blinked at her with his round, questioning eyes.

“Who are you?” Yoonhee asked. Mrs. Kim answered for her. “This is Oh Sehun. He is my childhood friend’s son. Isn’t he cute?!”

Yoonhee peered at him, tilted her head, and smiled. “Yeah, he is.” Sehun blushed. *She called me cute!*

“I’m Yoonhee, and I’m nine.” She held out her hand. He bravely slipped her hand into his and whispered. “S-Sehun…and I’m six.”

“I’m your noona, huh?” Yoonhee crinkled up her nose. Sehun looked at Mrs. Kim, who smiled and nodded encouragingly. “Yes, you have a dongsaeng now.”

Yoonhee pulled her hand away and turned to her. “I have to go to piano lesson soon.”

“I’ll drive you there. Wash your hands and eat some crackers. Let me find my car keys.” Mrs. Kim left the kitchen, leaving the two children alone.

Sehun felt awkward and didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t interested in his favorite TV program anymore.

Yoonhee washed her hands in the kitchen sink and dried her hands. She headed back towards the table, and he panicked.

Sehun glanced around, grabbed one of the cheese and ham crackers he had made, and held them out with both hands. Yoonhee blinked at him in surprise. “Eat this.” He blurted. “Oh. Thanks.” She took the lopsided stack and examined it. “Did you make this?” Sehun nodded eagerly. “Cool. It looks like a building.” Yoonhee took a bite and munched on it.

Sehun beamed widely. *She’s eating my cracker! She thinks it’s cool!*

Yoonhee caught him goofily smiling at her. She leaned forward, and his eyes widened. Yoonhee angled her head and studied his face. Her lips curved upwards into an amused smile. “Do you know that your eyes disappear when you smile? They turn into crescent moons, like this.” She curved her index fingers and put them over her eyes.

Sehun didn’t know whether he should be offended or not. Yoonhee burst into laughter, and he realized it didn’t matter. He loved to hear her hearty laughter that sounded like tinkling wind chimes. It made his insides feel like warm jello.

Mrs. Kim came back downstairs. “Ready to go?”

Yoonhee took another bite of the cracker and hopped off the chair. “I’m ready!”

“Let’s go, Sehun-ah.” Mrs. Kim held out her hand.

Sehun climbed off the chair and willingly took her hand.

The three of them went into the car. Mrs. Kim looked through the mirror at the children sitting in the back. “Yoonhee, can you buckle Sehun please?” “Okay.” Yoonhee obediently leaned forward and grasped his seatbelt. His eyes widened when her face was near his. His eyes came together in the center as he looked at her face. He never knew how long girls’ eyelashes were. He wanted to touch them and feel how soft they were.

Yoonhee clipped his seatbelt and leaned back in her seat. “I did it!”

“Thank you, darling.” Mrs. Kim locked the doors, just to be safe, and drove off.

Yoonhee hummed to a children’s tune and kicked her legs u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter