2

The Getaway

 

 

Narrator

 

Jungah shifted uncomfortable under the layers of cloth she was wearing. She eyed her green hanbok at mirror.

“I look like a marshmallow.”

Court Lady Choi entered with two ladies behind her.

“Mama, they will be your ladies in waiting, the will assist you and look after your needs.”

She nodded and smiled at them.

“Nice to meet you.”

The two ladies balked at her casual greeting.

“Are we all set?” She asked.

 

“Pyeha, gongju mama has arrived.”

Jungah stepped in the room, then she smiled at her parents. Then she waited for the doors to close.

“Umma, appa!” She beamed as she hugged her parents. The queen laughed lightly and patted her back.

“How’s our gongju doing?” The king asked.

“I’m fine, but I still don’t understand why I was dragged here.”

The king smiled.

“I couldn’t sleep knowing what dangers you are exposed to there, my daughter.”

“Dangers?”

“After the marriage of your brother, the palace has been receiving threats.”

Jungah nodded.

“That’s why we want you to come home, gongju.” The queen took her hands.

 

Your POV

 

It’s the dead end. I really am back at the palace.

Well, I have two ladies and three guards trailing behind me while walking around the palace gardens.

I sighed.

Now I feel like I’m in prison.

“That is not the correct posture for a princess.”

I looked up.

“Oppa~ I mean, hwang sae ja~”

“Don’t torture yourself.” He chuckled as he gave a small wave to the people behind me. They left.

I chuckled and hugged my brother.

“How do you pull of the traditional clothing look?” I asked as I let go.

“How have you been doing, Jungah?”

“I was fine, till now.”

He chuckled.

“When do I get to meet the crown princess?” I asked.

“Tomorrow, today pyeha wants to talk to you for dinner.”

“Oh no.” I shook my head.

“Oh no, indeed.”

“But oppa, we just talked!”

“I know, but there are things he wanted to talk about that are..well…private.”

Jungah made a face.

“Go rest, and take a shower then sleep then wake~”

“Arasso, hwang sae ja.” She chuckled. Jaejoong nodded and patted her head.

 

Your POV

 

After changing into a fresh set of hanbok clothing, I went back to the main palace.

“But, court lady, why would appa meet me? We just~”

“Gongju, no more questions, you’re not supposed to make a lot of noise within the palace walls.”

I sighed.

Palace this, palace that.

Then we finally arrived in front of appa’s study. I noticed that instead of palace guards, there were men in black suits standing around.

Did they get a wardrobe update?

It looks cool, like Men In Black.

“You called for me appa?” I asked as we step in, I heard court lady grunt. Abeoji just grinned and ushered for me to sit. I looked at the food in front of me.

“I have some things to discuss with you, my child.”

I nodded as I picked up my chopsticks.

“As you know, it has been difficult for us, receiving threats that’s why I wanted to ensure your safety.”

“Yes.” I nodded.

“That’s why I am assigning my Woodalchi to you, because you are very difficult to handle.”

“Abeoji, is that an insult?”

He chuckled.

“But, what’s Woodalchi?” I looked at court lady Choi.

“Woodalchi is the king’s own army. They are much more trained than the palace guards, they are the men standing outside.”

“So, they’re better in fighting and other stuff?”

Appa nodded.

“Am I that bad already?” I blinked.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++