41

The Getaway

 

 

Narrator

 

“Yunho!” Jungah managed to scream, Changmin’s eyes widened, he took out his car keys and handed them to his girlfriend.

“Drive to the palace as fast you can, don’t make any stops.” He said then he kissed her forehead.

Jungah tried to pull away from Ailee.

“Jungah, think straight. It’s not safe for you here.” Changmin said.

“But, Changmin-ah~”

“He will be fine. Now, I need you to get back to the palace, please.” He pleaded.

 

Changmin’s bodyguards surrounded the two ladies as they walked to his car. People were already starting to recognize Jungah.

Changmin knelt beside Yunho.

“Who was it?” He asked.

“..A sniper.” Yunho breathed out as Changmin’s men lifted him.

“I’ll get you to the hospital~”

“Jungah….”

“I sent her home already, don’t worry hyung.” He gripped his shoulder once then they ran to the sedan.

 

Jungah bit her lip as her court lady set the tea in front of them. Ailee exhaled and looked at her.

“Jungah~”

“Did Changmin call already?”

Ailee shook her head.

“But….who could..have done it?” Jungah questioned.

“I’m sure he will be fine, Jungie. Yunho’s a strong man, he’s~”

“Gongju!”

“Mama!”

Junsu and Yoochun fled into the room, completely forgetting about proper decorum.

“Are you okay, mama?” Yoochun looked at her.

“I’m fine oppa, don’t worry.”

Junsu sighed in relief.

Ailee took up one of the cups and handed it to her friend.

“Drink, you look pale.”

Jungah took a sip then she looked at her guards.

“Junsu oppa, I want you to assign some guards at the hospital where daejang is.”

“Yes, mama.”

“And, I want some information regarding the surroundings of the amusement park we went to, especially that peculiar run down building across.”

The two nodded and left.

“Jungah~”

She looked up.

“I’m sure who ever did this…the target wasn’t me, Lee.”

“What do you mean?”

“That person, he could have shot me easily, but he didn’t. I think he failed to shoot Yunho properly.”

Ailee’s eyes widened.

“I…must..find out.”

Ailee was about to reach over and hold her hand but Jaejoong had burst into the room.

“Hwang se ja.” Ailee stood up and bowed. Jaejoong nodded at her and looked at his sister.

“Are you okay?...You…didn’t get hurt?” He asked as she made her face him. Ailee gave her a small smile as she exited the room clutching her phone with her.

“I’m fine oppa, I didn’t get hurt.” She nodded, Jaejoong sighed in relief and hugged his sister.

“Pyeha is really mad. He has sent…officials to investigate on Yunho’s case.”

Jungah looked up.

“He’s happy, Jungie. He’s happy you finally found someone.”

Jungah shook her head.

“It’s..all the same, oppa.”

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong pulled back and made her seat.

“Those…people…who get involved..with me, they..all get hurt.” She stood up.

“Jungah~”

“I’m scared…I might lose him…again.” She said then she left the room.

 

“I need to go, will you okay being alone?” Ailee asked. Jungah nodded. They were at the palace gardens, two guards were already assigned to Jungah, and they were both standing two meters away from her.

“Drive safely, Lee.” She smiled. Ailee nodded, she patted her arm and left.

Jungah exhaled as she let her legs dangle over the water.

She flinched as she remembered Yunho falling on the pavement, his leg was bleeding.

Then she remembered the time when Minho got hit by a car.

She swallowed and clutched to her chest.

“Gongju, are you oka~”

She raised her palm up, to stop them. Then slowly she stood up.

Her guards looked at her with worry, then Jungah ran away.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++