42

The Getaway

 

Narrator

 

Yunho winced as he tried to sit up. His hand immediately landed on his bandaged wound. He winced and sat up.

He looked around his room, he saw his coat on the couch.

He remembered what happened earlier.

His eyes widened.

“Jungah.” He muttered, then the door opened.

“She’s fine. I sent her to the palace right after…you got hurt.” Changmin announced as he walked in.

“Did she get hurt?”

“No.”

Yunho nodded and leaned back.

“The palace called, some guards will be assigned at your door~”

Yunho was about to protest.

“It’s the king’s orders, powered by the crown prince, don’t glare at me like that.” Changmin said.

“But, I’m fine, I am Woodalchi, I don’t need~”

“You’re not Woodalchi anymore hyung. You quit, and now you’re the crown princess’es boyfriend and CEO of Jung Banking Group.”

Yunho looked away.

“Your father called, he says he’ll come by later at night. He scheduled his flight~”

“Are..you a secretary or something?” Yunho winced.

Changmin smiled wanly.

“Ani, but Jungah was crying when you got hurt, so I better be kind to you since~”

“I get your point, thanks.”

Changmin nodded and picked up his phone.

“I have to go, take care, hyung.”

 

The nurse was finished in checking his vital signs; she checked his wound and went out.

Yunho was about to reach for the remote control when the doors opened again.

Yunho looked up, he could recognize those pair of hands anywhere.

“Jungah.” He said, Jungah took off her cap and looked at him.

“I…was so worried.” She said, still staying on her place. Not even moving one step towards him.

“I’m fine, see?” Yunho smiled at her. Jungah shook her head.

“It’s….all because of me.”

“No, it’s not, I was trying to protect~”

“You don’t understand…like…Minho oppa, you got hurt because of me. It’s my fault.” She looked up. Yunho shook her head.

“Stop, Jungah. It’s not your fault, stop blaming yourself.”

Yunho grew alarmed when he saw her eyes moisten.

“Come here.” He said while opening his arms.

“You’re hurt~”

“Just come here.” He said softly. Jungah looked up and walked to him.

He made her seat across him, and gentl he wrapped his arms around her.

“It’s not your fault. It is my duty to protect you not just because I’m a Woodlachi, it’s because I love you, Jungah, that’s why, so stop crying, arasso?”

Jungah was leaning on his chest; somehow his steady heartbeat calmed her. Yunho smiled and kissed the crown on on her head.

“Does..it still hurt a lot?” She looked up. Yunho let go of her and shook his head.

“It’s bearable.” He nodded. Jungah bit her lip and glanced at his bandaged wound.

She smiled and cupped his cheek with her hand.

“Abeoji…I think he likes you.” She said. Yunho nodded.

“He was..so angry earlier. My guards have doubled in number.” She made a face at that. Yunho chuckled and pressed her palm to his cheek.

“Anyway, whoever…did this. He’ll…….get it from me, personally.”

“Jungah~”

“Don’t say anything. I know you’re just going to stop from me, but…I cant. You’ve protected me, I have to protect you too, Yunho.”

“It’s dangerous~”

“I know, but….two great Woodalchis taught me to be strong, what could possibly happen?”She smiled, Yunho sighed then he smiled.

“So stubborn.” He mused as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Don’t worry~”

The doors opened, Yunho’s parents stepped in. Jungah stood up from the bed.

“Appa…eomma.” Yunho blinked.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++