29

The Getaway

 

Narrator

 

Jungah looked up as she saw Yunho leaving.

“Where is he going?” She asked Yoochun.

“I think he needs some air, he says he’ll be back, Jungah.”

Jungah nodded as she glanced at the door once.

“Is he sick?” She muttered as she took a seat.

 

The three went out of the room. Yoochun and Junsu were behind her as they made their way to the elevator.

Yunho appeared before them.

“Where were you?” Jungah asked with a smile as she took hold of his sleeve.

Yunho glanced at her hand briefly.

Then Jungah studied his face.

“Are you not feeling well? You look pale.”

He felt her hand on his cheek. He felt his insides getting warm.

“It’s not a fever~”

He gently pushed her hand away.

“I’m not sick. Jungah. I just needed some…air. Le’ts get in.” He gestured towards the elevator.

Jungah nodded and walked towards the machine. Yoochun threw Yunho a look.

 

 

“Can we at least grab some take out before going home?” Jungah asked from the back seat. Yoochun looked at Yunho.

“What would you want to eat?” He asked.

“Like last time, we had some drinks and pork, now let’s have some Chinese take out.” She nodded.

Junsu nodded and turned the car.

“And, by the way, mama hwang sae ja called us earlier, he wants us to inform you about a party tomorrow night.” Yoochun said.

“Party? For?” She asked as she leaned forward to peek at his phone. Yoochun chuckled.

“He is announcing something important, that’s what he said.”

Jungah nodded.

“I have to come, huh?” She asked. Yunho nodded.

“But, what if Lee Sanghoon’s there? What if he’ll seek revenge?” Jungah fretted. Yoochun chuckled.

“I don’t think he’ll come back for you gongju, don’t worry, we’ll be at the party.”

Jungah smiled at Yoochun’s comment.

“That sounds better.” She nodded.

 

Junsu set the food on the table. Jungah had sent the palace maids away and insisted that they rest.

“Gongju, I don’t think you should be doing this.” Her court lady said.

“It’s fine, you shold join us too, Court lady~”

“Mama, I’ve been called to attend to the bigung.” She said.

“Arasso, I’ll survive here, I have my Woodalchi with me.” She beamed before taking her seat.

Yunho looked away.

The old lady bowed and left.

 

Junsu watched as Jungah chatted with Yunho. They were already finish with their meal and were sitting outside the house, enjoying the cool night breeze.

“Like last time, we went finish at Hokkaido, I pushed Changmin over the lake, he almost killed me after that.” Jungah chuckled.

She was standing up, while Yunho was sitting down on a marble bench.

“There was this one time, I went out with Ailee and Court lady Choi and one man actually flirted with Court lady.” She smiled.

tumblr_mbm8ypMBF31qc0agao1_500.gif

Junsu smiled as he saw the two interact. He rarely saw that warm expression on the daejang’s face and it made him happy, knowing that Yunho, the cold and strict Yunho was changing because of the princess.

Yoochun’s brows rose as he saw the two interact. He smiled at Jungah as she sat down.

“Tomorrow, I expect you guys to be James Bond esque again.” She chuckled while dangling her legs.

“Mama, it’s already late, you should rest. You’ve had a long day.” Yunho said. She shook her head.

“Before that, can you guys accompany me to the cemetery?”

 

Your POV

 

I went back to my room to get my coat.

Before heading out I grabbed the box under my vanity.

Maybe it’s time I let you go, oppa.

It’s been a long time and….no matter how much I think of it, I think it would make you happy.

“I know you’re in a better place now.” I whispered as I took out a photo of him.

“Don’t worry, I have three Woodlachis guarding me, Jungah is safe.” I said as I headed out of my room.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

pushing me away...........